Windwalker - element convert or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windwalker - element convert or no?

I'm thinking of maining a Windwalker and I'm in the process of farming gear for her on my farming alt while I cap her. I've seen a lot of videos with dark converted WWs and idk if I should convert.
    Should I convert to dark or light, or would it better to stick with raw phys dmg? If I do convert, I can get about 20% elemental dmg at most which doesn't seem much imo.
    Cornflakes > Windwalker
    MANADAYO>Dragoon
    Marigoldraa>Silver Hunter

Generally converting is better in the current meta, nests have almost no elemental resistance if I recall. Dark is only better if you can get a Radiant necklace but if not light and dark are pretty much equal.

Comment

agree with what orobas said. currently most 4man nests have no elemental resist, with proper gearing getting 20% shouldnt be hard. so as long as u lose less than 16% dmg (which should not since what u lose should be at most 13%), converting will net you overall more damage. in harder contents that have elemental resists, a good team comp is usually required, and being converted will give u access to elemental debuffs and further boost ur dmg. in short: convert.

as for which element to convert to, for 90+ contents there is no different in elemental resist. converting to fire is as good as converting to dark, if only considering resists.

however, the most important part is to consider your accessories. besides radiant (which provides dark%), there is also tech earrings (provides fire/ice%) and tech ring (provides light/dark%)
      generally this is what to consider:
      1) is there an important skill on tech ring? if so, light/dark convert
      2) is there an important skill on tech earrings? if so, fire/ice convert
      3) so i have no important skills to tech, do i have access to radiant? if so, dark convert

obviously it is very class specific as to what skills are good to tech, so best is to ask some1 experienced in ur class about gearing
      when u approach higher and higher up the gear ladder, there is generally only one optimal way to gear a class

Comment

• manamana
        manamana commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks.
        I've decided to convert to either light or dark depending on whether or not I can get a radiant earring (I'm thinking of getting tech rings and necklace). How do you get radiant accessories?

• Fox Says Meow~
        Fox Says Meow~ commented
        Editing a comment
        they dont drop anywhere anymore. u have to buy them from some1 else that got them before they were removed. they are near extinct cuz a lot of them have no more unbinds.
        if u just need radiant earrings, u can get abyss earrings instead. abyss earrings are better than radiant earrings (for single stat classes). however, the price is very high. radiant earrings are much much cheaper in comparison, but the problem is to find some1 that has it and willing to sell.

In regards to techs, there isn't really anything worth doing on WWs, before it was common to either have Spirit boost for more duration or even Showtime for the reduced CD but those have been removed I believe. The best thing would be to tech Blooming kick (level 11) I think which with the awakening is a disgusting 3393% x 2.5 = 8482% single hit in pve which is faster, stronger and with a lower CD than Falling Star. The only more damaging skill would be awakened Swift attack at 6502% x 1.5 = 9753% which is more but Blooming kick can also be crested for 20% more damage and I think if you wanted to go crazy double tech'd with a plate.

Comment

Working...
      X