[Help] - Sniper Gear guidance? (x_x)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Help] - Sniper Gear guidance? (x_x)

What is the "right" gear should I be going for? I'm trying to redo the gear that I currently have. I can only do 102k~117k damage which I do find upsetting as a maxed sniper. I've tried doing some research and tried looking at other sniper's gear builds but I feel that I'm not getting anything out of it. My gear mostly consist of theano armor and destructive/ windswept accessories. I was wondering if I should upgrade to desirous or switch over to some dragon gear for the set bonuses. Regarding accessories, is it better if I just stay with the theano windswept/ destructive accessories or try to find RDN/ IDN accessories?

Or none of the above? Could someone be willing to give me some general direction on where I should go so I don't chuck so much gold out of the window just trying to obtain the gear??
    Thanks!

*Edit: Any advice on the nightmare equipment from the nightmare star shop? Is it worth getting the longbow + quiver or am I better off crafting some other named gear I wouldn't know what that would be yet?
    Last edited by SomeoneThere0; 12-03-2016, 03:00 PM.

Ideally if you have the money, you should go for a full set of RDNL. Get RDNL accessories too (esp 2 rings) and equip them (+ your RDNL weapons) with L Grade lvl 80 gems. If you do choose to go for RDNL, then craft weapons first.

Nightmare shop you should save for the other stuff like cubes/mercs/gold pouches/hero exp pots. It actually takes forever to get the mainhand + offhand and you're honestly better off just paying for RDNL runs or something rather than farming and waiting for those nightmare points to stack up.

Comment

focus on weapons and accessories, they yield the highest dps increase
      armors (non RDNL) provides mainly defensive stats, upgrading them doesnt give much in dps
      3rd stat plates and talismans are luxuries, which u should not touch unless ur satisfied with other things. do get clean plates and talismans tho

for weapons, RDNL weapons are the best but they are also ridiculously expensive, and likely will be replaced by IDNL soon (if u plan on raiding that is)
      if ur starting from 0, its a good idea to get +13 evo coma/evo nightmare weapons. they are about the same as +9 RDNL weapons, while being a lot cheaper. once ed fixes enhance xfer, u can xfer them to 93 epic with no loss in enhancement level. +13 ultimate theano weapons are about as good as +11 RDNL.

accessories also heavily depend on ur funding. best setup will be RDNL necklace, ring, ring, and a tech earrings (siege or charged shot). it will yield the best dmg until u can replace them with genesis rings or IDNL rings.
      otherwise, a RoA tech necklace, and epic (cauda/coma/theano/desirous) earrings, ring, ring will be a decent setup as well. it will be a lot worse than RDNL accessories, but it is very affordable

I should write an in depth gearing guide some time...

Comment

Thank ya'll for the input overall so far! Money isn't too much of an issue since it gives me an excuse to go onto my other characters and farm gear with their money for my sniper. I'm not too worried about talismans and plates just yet because I figured that I can prioritize which one I really need for that.

In other words about accessories, ultimately in the end I should try shooting for genesis or IDNL accessories, correct?

If the RDNL weaponry is "likely" to be replaced by IDNL weaponry, wouldn't it make sense just to just strictly think about crafting IDNL weapons only and not even think about RDNL weapons? (Yeah I do plan on doing raiding on this character that it is. It's fun pummeling stuff with arrows). I'm just curious because when I was comparing IDNL and RNDL stats, I see that IDNL weapons have base higher damage than RDNL (though that's because it's comparing lvl80 gear vs lvl90+ gear, but I could also just be bad at doing comparisons).

Comment

• Fox Says Meow~
          Fox Says Meow~ commented
          Editing a comment
          IDNL and RDNL rings are not much different; IDNL necklaces are really bad; IDNL earrings are amazing.
          the main thing IDNL accessories offers is flexibility. for RDNL acc u have to get 3 pieces to get the 327 fd, which limits ur options a lot. IDNL instead has fd on every pieces rather than a set bonus, so u can choose only get 2 IDNL + 2 techs and wouldnt lose as much.

in the end, the best setups are:
          - (no genesis ring) rdnl neck, tech earrings, rdnl ring, rdnl ring
          - (1 genesis ring) tech neck, tech earrings, idnl ring, genesis ring
          it is a lot more complicated and it depends on conversion/pdmg/ele and other stats. but the 1st setup will last u a really long time

"It'll likely be replaced" meaning that if you wait a year or two then you will be able to afford 1 IDNL weapon. To put that into perspective, only the top top teams are clearing IDN HC efficiently. And those people are selling runs for like 15k each. And that's only for 2 wraths. You need 7 wraths per weapon, and thats not including the upgrading price.

Comment

• Fox Says Meow~
          Fox Says Meow~ commented
          Editing a comment
          u could say the same for rdnl weapons, only different being run price is 500g instead of 15k. biggest cost of lgrades lies in its enhancing, avg cost of +12 RDNL mainhand is about 40-50k

it is pretty early into the cap, so 15k sell run is normal. price will drop exponentially, a lot of teams arent selling because they are still in progress of getting their own IDNLs. once teams start selling, buyers will eventually sell, and snowballs the sell run price downhill.
          when tink/cleric awakening comes, or when apple juice works in hc, price will drop as well.

the biggest problem i see going RDNL weapons at this point of the time is that, although it is the 2nd best gear in the game, it is too late for it. we are already in 93 cap trying to beat 90 cap raid IDN, and RDNL is 80 cap gear. this is the equivalent of using DDNL in 80 cap, trying to beat BDN.
          +13 ultimate theano is pretty much +11 RDNL, while cost maybe 1/4 of the price.

anyways thats just my opinion, i dont think RDNL will last u a year or two from now. i would say in 6 months IDN sell runs will be a lot more common and it will be a lot easier to do as well
      Working...
      X