Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Awakened Windwalker PvE guide?

Hey all!
    If anyone can link me to an up to date guide about combos/skill rotations + gearing, I would appreciate it!
    I've surfed the web but all I can find is this 90 cap guide, but I feel like it's outdated because they added the wind mechanic

https://kirbypuff.wordpress.com/2016...uffin-ver-1-0/

Is this guide still relevant or does the wind mechanic completely change everything?

Thanks!

Edit1 : A couple of questions- Should I still be actively trying to use kick shot/spiral kick? Neither actually do much damage but in the time I've spent levelling I've kinda just gotten use to using them. I want to get myself out of the habit because I feel like it's just holding me back from doing proper dps with my WW

Edit 2: Recommended crests?
    Last edited by fourphantom; 12-19-2016, 06:38 AM.

Don't ever need to use kick shot and spiral kick is mostly just for activating awakened blooming kick. Most of the time you'll be using air pounce to lower cd of your ult during showtime while using awakened blooming kick, I recommend only using falling star during showtime. Spamming flash kick in between skills gives you faster currents and swift attack, eagle dive, rising storm is mostly filler when you can't use awakened blooming kick since that makes up like 40-45% your damage alone.
    Skill crests- Blooming kick dmg, falling star dmg, showtime duration and spirit boost cd. Also always use the left click after blooming kick unless your about to get hit or something.

A simple rotation I do is showtime-spirit boost-blooming kick flip-air pounce-awakened blooming kick-falling star-flash kick. Air pounce awakened blooming kick-air pounce-falling star. You can spiral kick after swift attack then awakened blooming to get into your rotation. When using rising storm you can flash kick midair then cyclone kick exi>pounce or eagle dive.
    Last edited by Exassassin; 12-19-2016, 07:02 AM.

Comment

• fourphantom
      fourphantom commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! What crests would you recommend taking?

• Exassassin
      Exassassin commented
      Editing a comment
      Skill crests- Blooming kick dmg, falling star dmg, showtime duration and spirit boost cd

And then there's me maining Rising Storm Instant--slaying dragon midair has never been more fun!

Comment

• NanamiMuffy
      NanamiMuffy commented
      Editing a comment
      Good stuff, right? ^-^
      Last edited by NanamiMuffy; 12-22-2016, 10:21 PM.

Sorry fourphantom, I did not mean to leave you hanging (even left a link on the first line ;D). Anyways the updated level 93 guide is here:
    https://kirbypuff.wordpress.com/2016...by-namimuffin/

Level-90 and Level-93 Windwalker plays much differently, so you have to change up your strategy too. 90-Windy was very much sequential with its all-or-nothing Quake Barrage resets. And maybe squeeze in a quick Furious Winds right before. While 93-Windy is centered more around Air Current combos which can also branch out to everything else that a Windy does. So there is some more variety compared to before.

I do not feel it is really necessary to overdose with the Blooming Kicks. You could if you want to. Yet the up-time more than takes care of itself with Spirit Boost and Showtime anyways.

It has been somewhat misunderstood but Kick Shot was a luxury skill for the optional i-frame and mobility. Kick Shot does have okay utility with its pushback, knockup, and helps you get closer too. Although in 93-cap we do have Swift Attack now so you can use that instead.

Guides are meant to be just the start of something. Feel free to do whatever works best for you.
    Last edited by NanamiMuffy; 12-26-2016, 05:14 PM.
    ⋋(◍’Θ’◍)⋌ windwalker (=^・ェ・^=) War Mage

Comment

Working...
    X