Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating on Cloud 9.3 : Windwalker Guide

Hmm,

Just a reserve should I get around writing up a guild for this class.
    I have been playing this class since 40 Cap.

The 93 cap with the wind current update should change things up a bit.

We'll see how it goes ^_^
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/169056106855923712/230430581769502732/Yeunsig.png

I give up

Beyond hype'd for a hopeful comeback to Wind Walker~

Comment

Preliminary build.

http://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/sea/...-0-00-----0---

waiting for them servers to come online...

Will update OP when things are finalised
      https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/169056106855923712/230430581769502732/Yeunsig.png

I give up

Comment

Would it be worth putting SP into Air Pounce (or Spiral Kick) instead of Somersault Dance? I never use it during Showtime... Unless there is some hidden op combo I'm missing out on? Otherwise I've just been spamming Air Pounce/Spiral Kick into Blooming Kick with a little Rising Storm on the side...

~ Also, is that Awakened Passive for Spiral Kick any good? I feel like it'd be helpful spamming Blooming kick during Showtime, but I'm not quite sure..
        Last edited by Yuri; 09-30-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• NanamiMuffy
          NanamiMuffy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, what you are doing seems fine. The basics can take you pretty far. Pounce and Rising Storm do some pretty good damage. And if used properly Spiral Kick can be around Eagle Dive level which is okay.

I am probably one of the few that sees value in Awakened Spiral Kick. It does provide some interesting combo options.
          Last edited by NanamiMuffy; 10-18-2016, 11:32 AM.

I've been testing it out on the last few days.
        Personally Air Pounce and Spiral kick were never DPS skill, on sheet they look like big damage, but often it takes too long and is difficult to hit all hits
        I maxed SS dance because that is what i've been doing for the past few caps, not sure about this one
        The Awakened Passive for Spiral kick seems really pointless to me atm, having to max spiral kick seems to be a really waste of SP. Im not sure how the combo will go up, more testing needs to be done.

I give up

Comment

With the CD of Falling Star being reduced by 20 seconds on the first air pounce of each chain, would it better to not level it so air pounce spam during showtime resets Falling Star faster?

Comment

Well you would reset it at the same rate since you only need the first pounce.
            I have leveled it to 6 or 11 because im using it to weave awakened skills and lower ulti CD, so I might as well do a little more damage with it.

Comment

This is my build that I've been using so far, feedback would be awesome.
              Level 6 willow kick for pvp, level 1 multishot also for pvp.
              I maxed somersault dance because it's something I'm familiar with. I haven't tried the spiral kick awakening yet because I also feel the same way about maxing it, seems kind of meh.
              Right now with all the awakenings I feel like my WW is on acid, I enjoy spamming spiral kick into rising storm. All this new stuff is taking time to get used to.

Comment

• Pazzu
                Pazzu commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah Awakened rising storm is really nice and easy to pull off, however I find blooming kick does more damage when in a raid/nest as dmg of Blooming is 3393% *250% where else as rising storm is a flat 6823%. The range is very helpful and that you can quickly spam two shots before you start stacking up the bubble.

Originally posted by Dbombsin View Post
              Well you would reset it at the same rate since you only need the first pounce.
              I have leveled it to 6 or 11 because im using it to weave awakened skills and lower ulti CD, so I might as well do a little more damage with it.
              Yeah but the more you level it the greater the max pounces so if you're spamming jump it'll take longer to end a single chain and start a new air pounce chain. I suppose you could simply cancel pounce with something else and then repounce but f you're intentionally cancelling air pounce in order to recharge falling star leveling air pounce up seems less worth it.

Comment

• Dbombsin
                Dbombsin commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea pretty much. Especially during showtime it's very quick to fit in an air pounce and keep canceling it. The new flash kick we have makes sure theres almost no downtime in dps.

Also i didnt have other places to put sp in as im not using awakened spiral kick atm.

Awakened spiral kick is pretty much used to get yellow frame after using bloom kick.
              Bloom kick -> right click -> <Awakened skill here>

Ideally you'd just follow up with AC blooming kick followed by left click into AC Eagle Dive...something along these lines.

Somersault dance and furious winds are simply not worth throwing points into if you're aiming to push out more damage.
              Last edited by XFyre; 10-08-2016, 06:59 AM.

Comment

So what's the optimal skill rotation for single target dps at 93?

Comment

Bump ~ I'd also like to know if there's a skill rotation apart from mostly spamming blooming kick.. :x

Comment

• NanamiMuffy
                    NanamiMuffy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, yes there are other options besides Blooming Kicknology.

Here is a fun one that I enjoy using. Though it is somewhat tech heavy with the buttons.
                    Blooming Kick → Spiral Kick + leftclick flip → Flash Kick + Eagle Dive (current) → Rising Storm (either) → Pounce (many) OR Eagle Dive → Cyclone Kick instant
                    Last edited by NanamiMuffy; 10-17-2016, 01:56 AM.

Well, I just reached 93 today on my Windwalker, played around for a bit, checked out some videos and this is mainly what I've been doing or what I've seen during showtime/spirit boost:

Blooming Kick > Left Click Launch > Air Pounce x1 > AC Blooming Kick x2 > Falling Star or Eagle Dive or Flash Kick

Rising Storm > Flash Kick > Cyclone Kick EX > Air Pounce > Falling Star or Eagle Dive or Flash Kick

if I do Falling Star > cancel landing lag with Flash Kick
                  if I do Eagle Dive > Somersault Dance > Air Pounce > Flash Kick
                  if I'm far away either Chain Tumble or Butterfly float > Spiral Kick > AC Blooming Kick > Flash Kick or another AC Blooming Kick depending on current AC

This is my first time playing Windwalker after mostly playing Tempest so not really sure if this is optimal. Seems like you'd want to throw out Flash Kick in between or at the end of a set of skills outside of Showtime to keep your AC up as much as you can.

Comment

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0---

My current PvE with *very* casual PvP Archer Skills build.
                    Like most people, I feel like Spiral Kick is hard to land consistently and find it's weird to use in combo, so it's not maxed or even leveled (Really wish it would come back as an iframe but that's just my noobness talking).
                    However, I actually really like how Air Pounce looks on paper and in game, ~4500% with all hits at level 8, so I got it as high as I could without sacrificing all the core damage and utility skills. I'm gonna use it to take advantage of Class Mastery whenever I have an opening in my combo.
                    I'm a very noob WW, it has been 4 months since I last played her, and even then it was just PvPing and casually PvEing for fun.
                    Last edited by Jeanne; 10-16-2016, 11:43 PM.
                    Level 95 Sniper ~Nancekku~ ChibiDN Traitor

Comment

Uhm, sorry for the dumb question, I haven't played since 80 cap when windwalker got the showtaimu buff (I think that was 80 cap?)

What skill plates should I be getting at 90-93? ;_;

Comment

• Reap
                        Reap commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm pretty new to WW as well so don't quote me on this but so far I've been running Blooming Kick dmg, Rising Storm dmg, Falling star dmg, and Showtime duration.

• NanamiMuffy
                        NanamiMuffy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That setup seems like it would work okay. Do try to keep up with Flash Kick and Pounce more to make up for a normal Spirit Boost timer.

As for me, currently I am using Blooming Kick dmg+, Rising Storm cd-, Spirit Boost cd-, Showtime dura+. For a mix of novel damage meets traditional utility.
                        Last edited by NanamiMuffy; 10-24-2016, 10:40 AM.

• iAimToPlease
                        iAimToPlease commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am also using the same plates as Nanami. I'd throw in Eagle Dive and FS for extra plates. Maybe a Furious Winds AS plate too if pvp.
                    Working...
                    X