This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Inquisitor] Ask a question

Did this a while back. Thought about doing it again so here we go.

Do you have any inquisitor related questions? Post them here and I'll answer all of them as best as I can. I hope this catches on.

You can ask about builds, gear, gameplay, skill levels, sparking... anything that you feel is applicable to the class and I will answer to the best of my ability. I'm even willing to watch your gameplay videos and tell you where I feel you can improve on your gameplay.

I will try to be as thorough as possible but as concise as possible as well.

Ask!\

FAQ
    What is a decent skill build for level 93 Inquisitor?
    This is the build I am using :
    Last edited by Aelphaeis; 12-27-2016, 03:48 PM.
    Discord : * Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *#4267
    Main Character : Aelphaeis

As an inquisitor, many have said to switch >.< and not just cuz I suck Inqs have a raw deal at the moment but I'm hoping that it changes up a bit with the transfer. Thank you for starting this post though Glad someone knows enough about inqs to actually guide others. <3
    DoctorRogue #9233
    DaMuffins ~ Muffins ~ Unstable
    Spreading Love One PVP Day At A Time

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad you're happy about it.

Anyone know a skill build for lvl 93?

Comment

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      Once the server is up and I see exactly what patch we are on I'll release one. ED has a weird way of doing patches and the vast majority of the time our version is not in line with the other versions. Therefore, I don't want to release a build prematurely.

• Aelphaeis
      Aelphaeis commented
      Editing a comment
      This is the build I'm presently using, its not bad but there are likely to be some changes.

This is what I used in sea for a few days and just building here when I get to 93
    https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0---0--00--00

Some people say about max dash and mp passives because they run out of mp not sure what I am doing wrong but I never run out. I probably will put leftover points to +11 rb unless I get problems with mp.

I have a dual skill so probably will also make a build that includes cure relic. Sometimes it is useful for raid when saint and phys are missing but I wouldn't use day to day.

I dont like the idea of this thread where one person thinks they are the only person who knows a class. If people want to ask questions they are better to create their own thread. That way it is much easier for others to find answers to their questions without having to read through one long thread.
    Last edited by spacem; 09-30-2016, 12:35 AM.

Comment

I posted about this earlier but meh, Could you give me a list of all skills that Defuffs enemies and or Increase your Dmg as an inQ (Excluding buffs)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d62zDBGm9YM

Comment

Originally posted by Cessius View Post
        I posted about this earlier but meh, Could you give me a list of all skills that Defuffs enemies and or Increase your Dmg as an inQ (Excluding buffs)
        Consecration - Increases damage by 500% for holy burst, 400% for grand cross
        Mind Snapper - Debuffs enemy resistance 20%
        Detonate - Increases light damage by 10%

Originally posted by spacem View Post
        This is what I used in sea for a few days and just building here when I get to 93
        I dont like the idea of this thread where one person thinks they are the only person who knows a class. If people want to ask questions they are better to create their own thread. That way it is much easier for others to find answers to their questions without having to read through one long thread.
        I wasn't aware that you were unable to post your response's to people's questions or comment about my advice to other people.

Comment

I'm level 60 right now and I don't understand when monsters are shocked (for detonate)
          Also could you post a guide? I feel like I'm not playing around his buff-debuff correctly

P.S Are inquisitors wanted in late game raids?

Comment

• Aelphaeis
            Aelphaeis commented
            Editing a comment
            When they're electrocuted monsters tend to look darkened and they have lightning particles around them.At this time detonate will deal damage.
            In my experience, Inquisitors are fine for endgame raids; however, there are a few reasons why a very good raid leader would discriminate against them.

build? there's dash now so i can actually play cleric. does healing relic do anything? ran with a inqui think it was healing 6k a tick

Comment

• Aelphaeis
            Aelphaeis commented
            Editing a comment
            Healing relic heals! Albeit not much. I think its safe to drop presently.
            Personally this is what I'm using :
            I'm trying to figure out a way to get lightning relic as it is extremely useful in specialized circumstances; however, I think most players will not notice the difference.

I also messed around with the first tree a little bit, normally my builds do not have toughness.

Hi, I'm making first Inqui and i'm lost. Inqui is better DPS or hibrid? Can you help with my build? My objetive is just PVE.

Comment

• Aelphaeis
            Aelphaeis commented
            Editing a comment
            Inquisitor is definitely stronger now as a DPS. Their hybrid builds have been seriously nerfed.

This is the build I'm using now; however, disclaimers. I'm trying to change it to add lightning relic, you'll probably be okay without.

[QUOTE=Aelphaeis;n9928]

Consecration - Increases damage by 500% for holy burst, 400% for grand cross
          Mind Snapper - Debuffs enemy resistance 20%
          Detonate - Increases light damage by 10%

Is there a Criteria For Mind snapper i.e it needs to electrocute or it only needs to consistently hit the enemy

and does conse no longer Debuff enemies
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d62zDBGm9YM

Comment

• Aelphaeis
            Aelphaeis commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, that's correct, consecration no longer debuffs enemies.

With regards to mind snapper, I haven't tested this in quite some time (8 months or so). I admit that it is due for some retesting.

That said, the last results of testing showed :
            Mind snapper does not need to electrocute or hit consistently in order to have the debuff.
            The general rule of thumb is try to hit the first and last hit of mind snapper.

I've been willing to ask this for a while now but...

is it really true inquis got nerfed? when i saw the cleric skill awakenings, inqui's look cool but incredibly underwhelming and slow in comparison. i kinda have my doubts because a lot of people say he's buffed but others say he's nerfed.

what would be the changes in skills/builds/rotations for inqui in 93 cap pre and post awakening? would consecrated gc still be our hardest hitting skill and how important will it still be? are there still bugs that heavily affect us moreso than saints?

is inqui actually a lower tier than saint? (or probably even the lowest of the clerics). seems like saint has it better than us nowadays ever since, would probably be worth to cc to guard if we're still low tier ;w;
          all around me are familiar faces
          worn out places
          worn out faces....

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
          ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
          _(:'3JZ)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

• Neko
            Neko commented
            Editing a comment
            ahhh so they were nerfed hard in how much dps they dish out but their attacks can be cast at a faster rate to compensate? that sounds relieving. and the fact that they're still viable (albeit not raid viable because of whatever dps is better for idn (probably glads)

and righteous bolt is only lv1 and there is sliding knee kick in the build, may i ask why is that so? and my build is almost the same albeit with a few differences (lv6 rb; lv11 holy kick; lv11 lb),do i wait for awakenings before i get a skill reset scroll?

• Aelphaeis
            Aelphaeis commented
            Editing a comment
            Not quite faster rate, they cut the damage of grand cross by roughly 95% and increased the damage of other skills.

As for my build:
            Righteous Bolt, I personally found its not needed post awakening. I'm weening myself off. Most likely I will drop toughness and righteous bolt for awakening skills.

The reason why I have lightning bolt maxed is because max lightning bolt is required for awakening. I believe you'll need Max lightning bolt and Max detonate.

• Neko
            Neko commented
            Editing a comment
            so the damage is spread out from gc, prompting us to not depend too much on that skill compared to before?

and yeah, max lb and deto, i will max lb when i get my hands on a reset post awakening.
            i would ask another time if i have more questions, but for now thank you ^^

Hey man, me again. >_<
          I'm new in this server and don't have much to spend. I'm lvl 93 and choosing my jades, so, here is my question.
          Mystical Jade (mag+/ mag%) ou Light jade (mag+/ light)?

THX again
          Last edited by sansaosa; 10-04-2016, 12:32 AM.

Comment

• Aelphaeis
            Aelphaeis commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey sansaosa, in future it would be wise to make a second post instead of editing your first one. If you edit it will let subscribers to a thread know that you've done something but if you just edit if they already read the post before you edit then we won't get a notification.

That said, I tend to go for magic/light % on my gems.

• Tsunayoshi
            Tsunayoshi commented
            Editing a comment
            do you go 50/50 mystical/light gems? i was just wondering

• Aelphaeis
            Aelphaeis commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally I just wear all light.

ah, the inquis messiah. long time

I got a budget of 2.3k, and I need gear for my inquis. after viewing the marketplace, I say I can gear my inquis pretty DECENTLY. would you say a theanor set and some mystical cauda accessories would be ideal based on my budget? or do u have something else in mind?

cheers

Comment

• Aelphaeis
            Aelphaeis commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly, I'm not an expert of budget gearing. but I'd definitely say that +6 Theano doesn't sound too bad. I would say though to try to get some Theano accessories as well because they allow you to put level 93 gems which can probably benefit you more in the long run vs cauda which seems to be losing its purpose.

bumpercars

Comment

Aelphaeis What would a typical combo rotation be for PvE? Or if you use multiple ones, I would love to know. Would help a lot thanks!

Comment

• DrTed
              DrTed commented
              Editing a comment
              @Aelphaeis,

What about lightning bolt/chain lightning?

I was thinking of:
              Mind snapper b/c sexy - LB (in case mind snapper doesn't electrocute) - deto - chain (debuff again) - holy burst/GC - consecration - HB/GC (because consecration cooldown buff)

With always using deto, mind snapper, and consecration when off CD

• Aelphaeis
              Aelphaeis commented
              Editing a comment
              @DrTed
              Generally speaking, you want to be at point blank range when you use mind snapper so that when you lead into detonate the small bolts will deal the most damage possible. At point blank range mind snapper has a 100% chance to electrocute on the first hit. The last hit of mind snapper electrocutes as well, so if you use detonate in between the first and last hit the mind snapper will leave electrocution. In general, consecration should be your strongest skill so take this time to use consecration while you allow your mind snapper's last hit to electrocute. In my opinion, while there are other ways that an inquisitor can go about doing this, this is the most optimal, especially given the long cast time of consecration.

If for some reason you don't feel comfortable doing that I don't see any problem with your suggestion though. Sometimes the most optimal solution is not the solution that you're most comfortable with. That said, give it a try in ABN HC or some easy nests and get a feel for how the combo progresses. Once you get a feel for it there it will be much easier for you to make the right choice for yourself.

• DrTed
              DrTed commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah ok Aelphaeis, thanks for the insight!
          Working...
          X