Saint or Inquisitor pvp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint or Inquisitor pvp

I'm in a pickle. I just started playing the game a few days ago and I'm trying to get an understanding of the differences between Saint and Inquisitor (the pros and con) and from which of the two is having a better time in the ladder. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated!

Inquisitor: Attacks have better AoE, and has far higher electrocution rate compared to Saint. However, they have less mobility and do not have the ability to heal.

Saint: Better mobility, can recover from debilitating status effects more easily through Cure Relic EX, and can heal. However, their attacks have far less AoE.

From what I find, Inquisitor is easier to PvP with, but Saint has the potential to be better. Saint requires a lot more technical skill and knowledge of the game's mechanics/matchups VS every other class to adequately defend yourself in PvP.

Comment

Ahh ok, I see what you mean. I've been looking at videos for the past couple of days and it's tough to choose. Unfortunately, everything I find is late info that is now irrelevant.

I've been looking towards inquisitor because of their aoe overall, makes it easier to deal damage but I love the relic gameplay with the saints. On the same note I'm also looking to see which of the two is preferred for raiding. For this I'm leaning towards Saint for the buffs/debuffs (and damage dealer??). Maybe Saint is worth going into for both pve and pvp? But is it worth it to learn a great deal to be more effective in pvp?

Comment

you're sort of missing the role of saint in raids. saint's last possible job is to do dmg(except in very specific mech which require lots of AOE which we use class mastery for) , we are party healer. Your job is to spam heal relic to recover a little bit of MP and HP, use saint buffs to increase healing, pt hp, defense and use cure relic to cure debuff, and use big 30% heal as primary heal.

inquis in raid is essentially constantly going through a specific skill rotation until boss is dead.

honestly, the more important thing is to find which one you like

Comment

Healers only? I honestly looked up all the Saint pvp vids I can find but all they show is everything but a support only role lol but let's say I want to go Saint but a dps Saint is that possible to do in DN?

Comment

you'll probably need to get a duel skill build if you wanna do both. Some moves are just wasted points if you go back and forth on one build for pve and pvp. just go to which ever class you feel comfortable playing. Relics can be annoying to drop and move around, but inqs have longer cast times. With the awakening for clerics coming and dash, you really can't go wrong.

Comment

As others have said, Saint has the potential to be good in pvp assuming you actually know the mechanics and have "skills". I find Saint to be one of those classes that actually require skills to be fully utilized. In terms of PvE, a Saint's role is not to be the main dps. Albeit you can actually dish out some decent dps if geared properly, your main role is to keep your party alive. But as Jeff said, just play whatever class you feel most comfortable in.

If you find yourself not liking the Saint skills (relics) on the Priest tree then chances are you'll like Inq better. Saint requires planning in both Pve and pvp
              -inactive forum account-
              new forum account: Anthelus

Comment

Working...
              X