No announcement yet.

Complaints about Inquisitor Nerf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah we get out DPSed by an actual DPS class. We are priests who "CAN" use support moves. There's no salt to be thrown, the fact is that we can survive almost anything and still do great damage. That is all we really need.

1) You cannot compare a non-Awakened class to an Awakened class (makes no sense). They get buffs and "we" are waiting for them. So if we going to complain about the awakened classes being stronger then inquisitors then we should wait until we get out awakenings to really compare.

2) There is no real reason to complain because we are still a high DPS class AND we have yet to get our awakenings.
    Last edited by Blasian; 10-13-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

You are forgetting that they changed inquisitor from semi dps semi support, to full on dps. Just like how they are gonna change defensio into a dps.

Comment

• Korp
        Korp commented
        Editing a comment
        sorry but, unless they take of skills like cure relic, healing relic, toughness, and any utility skills, they'll still technically be somewhat of a support class.
        Their party buff still will give players more HP so...

• Korp
        Korp commented
        Editing a comment
        Vahr ♥
        Always slaying with your presence

Views from a saint:
      Can agree that Grand Cross nerf was unnecessary and silly :C I get they were trying to increase its utility, but they screwed it up completely with the gc bug.
      If you're salty about inqui going from hybrid to full dps, then that's fine since hybrid inqui was completely broken and unbalanced and so wanting to revert back to a completely unbalanced class is understandable
      If you're salty about the lack of dps on inqui, who is meant to be full dps class, I also kinda agree. Sure, inqui has increased survivability which is a reasonable trade off for more damage. However one thing that ticks me off about priest classes is the long casting times for a lot of skills, as well as reasonably long cd times. Maybe increasing dps a little more to compensate for this would make balancing sense in order to make inqui a little more like the dps classes :/

But what would I know, i'm just a saint lol.
      IGN: AngelicOtaku - Saint

Comment

Here is what people are missing : My ability to survive is not a good justification to nerf my damage.

There are 3 very good reasons for this :
        - They equalized all of the defensive stats moving forward. Once gear is equalized inquisitors don't have an advantage at all.
        - As players become more skilled their ability to survive becomes less relevant. I can solo the first boss in Ice Dragon Nest getting hit less than 5 times and its tougher on inquisitor than most classes.
        - Utility for surviving is only relevant to situations where players are inexperienced, lacking skill or where they are choosing not to use their skill.

I want to make it clear. I'm not saying that our ability to survive shouldn't be taken into consideration at all; however, if the weight of my survivability is 1, the weight of my damage should be an 8. You should not be nerfing my overall damage by 40% because I have a 5% boost in survivability.

Lastly, and this is specifically directed Blasian. Block is a double edged sword, it usage means any skill, regardless of magnitude will prevent your attack from being cast; furthermore, Inquisitors were not really a top tier DPS class. When we had God Cross we were; however, they nerfed that a month after we got it. There were quite a few classes that were stronger than us.
        Last edited by Aelphaeis; 10-14-2016, 07:45 AM.
        Discord : * Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *#4267
        Main Character : Aelphaeis

Comment

Still figuring out this at message through my phone. But I know you read this so it's whatever. That's fine that you don't get hit as much the fact remains it is still there. As a player I understand your view but from a creator stand point those skills is a real factor in why we should have the damage reduction. Yes block is a double edge sword where it stops out hits but it can save someone as well.

If you want equality based on all classes when it comes to damage, then all classes would need a rework. Every class would need a first aid. All classes would need a block and all classes would need all skills to do the exact damage percentage and the exact same cool down times. But we won't get that because the creators made this game this way.

Plus there is no reason to complain we have yet to get our awakening
          Last edited by Blasian; 10-14-2016, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Blasian Just use @ + Username
            Awakening is a tad on the lackluster side for inquisitor, I've tried it. Our damage doubles but there is a stupid glitch that prevents us from using our optimal rotations. If it activates basically everyone in the party crashes. They need to fix the glitch and then I think it'll be okay.

Also, other classes have get out of jail free cards. Shinobi Drop, Feint, Brush off, etc.
            There are actually quite a few, you can make a comprehensive list.
            Last edited by Aelphaeis; 10-14-2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Aelphaeis yeah I know and yeah I saw that awakening glitch it may force us to play another class gg

Comment

Honestly, just give us back the 100% CE on Grand Cross. You don't even need to give us back the old cast. Just give the CE back. Inquisitors used to deal a maximium of like 64k% MATK over 25s and now we deal around 34k% MATK over 25s. Fixing the CE will put us somewhere between 38k% and 40k% and make the class much more viable since only really skilled inquisitors were getting above that 50k% mark anyway.

Comment

Aelphaeis
                  Thats what i'm trying to say. They made it very clear that inquis is a dps, but they turned him into a TERRIBLE dps. To everybody saying priest is tanky, i don't find that to be a very valuable trait in nest, vs a very agile class that has multiple iframes..... Very long cast times with high cd on a "DPS" class is horrible and needs a revamp immediately. Block doesn't even block EVERYTHING. Alot of inquis do not get the support side of the skill tree, aka relics and first aid, because inquis is a DPS not a support, but now inquis is just a very fail dps. At the end of the day, guardian benefits the most from block, and has a few nice iframes to go with it. Blocks save priest i admit, but just cause clerics get toughness and block doesn't mean we should have a mediocre dps. Classes like warrior and sniper have really good iframes and can still dps extremely well... With shorter cd times.

Comment

• Blasian
                    Blasian commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You should always get first aid. That heal helps a lot if you mess up. Like I said before I have q92k in town and I heal for close to 400 to 600k

But you have to understand you can't have a high DPS class that has good iframes, low CD and a heal.
                  can you imagine a class like that if would be too OP.
                  *cough*raven*cough* yeah like I said could you imagine? -_-
                  Last edited by just747; 10-17-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blasian View Post
                    Yeah we get out DPSed by an actual DPS class. We are priests who "CAN" use support moves. There's no salt to be thrown, the fact is that we can survive almost anything and still do great damage. That is all we really need.

1) You cannot compare a non-Awakened class to an Awakened class (makes no sense). They get buffs and "we" are waiting for them. So if we going to complain about the awakened classes being stronger then inquisitors then we should wait until we get out awakenings to really compare.

2) There is no real reason to complain because we are still a high DPS class AND we have yet to get our awakenings.
                    Lol I hope you realize inquisitor is taken as a DPS spot not a tank. Nobody cares if you can do mediocre dmg but stay alive because real DPS classes have a double jump to avoid stomps as well as iframes built into their skills, and quicker cast times / lower burst periods with less setup.

Also, pretty sure toughness getting nerfed down to 5% m/p reduc but could be wrong. You do realize how geared ael is, right? Awakening won't change much when he is 2x more geared than someone still getting out damaged with a HIGHER RISK / higher setup aka casttimes that don't always get max hits. The new skills are just bad. The awakening itself was poor for inquisitor.
                    IGN: Serqet (Adept)

Comment

I call this Champ syndrome

Comment

See now a lot of you guys have an issue with me saying it's right of the creators to need our class because of our utilities. Sure we don't really use cure relic but the fact remains this skills are available too us. Wether we use them or not is on us.

You say we don't have dps but I still out dps some of my raid team with my inquistor. When I go through another raid I'll See if I can get some numbers from my team mates. Also I have had inquisitors equally geared as me and I noticed a lot of you do not utilize All of your skills, and because of that I would out dps other inquistors based on that fact alone.

I know this a thread for inquisitors to complain but I see no point in that for our current situation. If you think other wise that's fine. I'm done with this thread post.

Comment

It's more like the devs only realize a skill is overpowered once they overbuff another class before nerfing it. Tbh I don't see anything wrong in foxy's awakened sniper doing 20% more damage than ael's unawakened inq given that inq dps doubles (not given that they can literally freeze your screen)

Comment

Tbh first aid should be used. Why? Because its fun. Blasian got fked with idn drag breath and had 1hp. A couple moments later he has 25% of his hp back and eventually back at full hp just by getting hit and procking the passive. I'm sorry but thats just a rediculous skill thats obviously beneficial... Anyways,

Blasian out dps' most of our raid team. Barb, Sniper are not as geared as him but they still have upgraded lgrades that dont keep them close. I out gear Blasian by a bit (200k+ in town) and he's still beating my dps on my DA by 1.5-2b in RDN HC. All of us wants to be a top dps class, but with a game like DN thats going to constantly be changing. You guys can actually start crying when a DA beats your dps cause im fuggin -1 tier. Until then, switch to bandwagon god tier dps class if you arent happy since its apparent you guys play the game based on numbers rather than the actual level of "fun" you have with a class or at least thats what your comments show.
                            (pls no h8, ily all)
                            Last edited by Korp; 10-18-2016, 04:39 PM. Reason: cause grammar
                            Discord: Korp#8417

Comment

Working...
                            X