This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkarkec View Post
    Just my two cents on a Pre-Awakening saint build. Just put extra SP into dash for better cleric legs.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n14391[/ATTACH]
    why would you not take holy burst tho? Saint awakening utilizes holy burst as almost that of a second relic reaction, the focus in Inq side seems meh ;/ here's what i got pre-awaken but idk im no pro

Anthelus - Exiled Guardian
    Shinzu - Barbarian of Soar
    Xinzu - Ronin Saint
    Rinzu - Gladiator of none
    Singular - anal Destroyer
    Muzu - anal driller
    DaddyKun#9170

Comment

• darkarkec
      darkarkec commented
      Editing a comment
      It's cause i'm too cheap to buy a reset scroll for my saint.

• Anthelus
      Anthelus commented
      Editing a comment
      darkarkec LOL SAME AF u right. im hoping for a skill reset when the update comes

I hate to break it to you, but you will need a reset no matter what after Saint Awakening with that kind of build.

Here's my post awakening builds.

Maximum survivability (Toughness) variant
    Utility (Lv. 6 Holy Kick/Dive Kick/Aura of Healing) variant
    Pure raid Lv. 6 Chain Lightining/Lv 1 Bind Relic variant - ignore first tree as it's carried over from the previous (The logic behind this is that other classes are going to cover Bind Relic's debuff downtime anyway due to raid debuff caps, though to be honest, after awakening you aren't likely to be using chain lightning for damage anyway)

As you can see, the way our awakening is set up, we aren't given much room to build in Priest tree AT ALL. Why are our requirements so tight? Because unlike most other classes' awakenings, all of our awakenings use Priest skills as pre-requisites, instead of a mix of 1st/2nd branch.

- Lightning Relic Awakening: Requires maxed Lightning Relic
    - Grand Cross Awakening: Requires maxed Grand Cross (and before anyone gets any ideas about dropping this since honestly it STILL sucks after awakening as an actual attack, you are REQUIRED to learn this in order to unlock the entire bubble system for Saints, otherwise most saints would probably not pick this up at all and just rely on antiphonary to generate bubbles)
    - Holy Burst awakening: Requires maxed Holy Burst
    - Holy Shield awakening: Requires First Aid learned
    Last edited by SaitoHikari; 10-09-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Anthelus
      Anthelus commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for this detailed insight, I like the utility build as it takes away skills I currently have that seem to be of no use. Is there anyway I can learn more about the bubble system btw?

I fail to see detonate in any of those builds which means it's useless for me. Although the only time I really need to deto is to cancel dark room, I still use it often enough for reasonable filler.

On to my question, just unlocked the pro pack for my saint and have 2 crest spots left over. Aside from the basic requirements, what's suggested for an aspiring dps saint?

Comment

Originally posted by Cipherel View Post
      I fail to see detonate in any of those builds which means it's useless for me. Although the only time I really need to deto is to cancel dark room, I still use it often enough for reasonable filler.

On to my question, just unlocked the pro pack for my saint and have 2 crest spots left over. Aside from the basic requirements, what's suggested for an aspiring dps saint?
      The thing about Detonate post-awakening is that non-EX is actually really really weak. Saints suddenly get like 3 new attacks to use (I will consider Holy Burst a 'new attack' mainly because all the optimal pre-awakening builds omitted it entirely), and that's enough to change Saint playing style as such that you may not even have room in your offensive rotation to use Chain Lightning + Detonate anymore. Not to mention Antiphonary and Blessed Sign are stronger/about equal to Relic Reaction (stronger if 1 lightning relic, slightly weaker if 2 relics). And Relic Reaction itself is already about 3x stronger than Detonate with 1 lightning relic.

The SP simply isn't there to keep Detonate anyway unless you decide to drop one of the Awakening skills, but all of the Saint's Awakening skills are either required in some way or far, FAR stronger. You'd only have enough SP to get Lv. 6 Detonate at the very most, and that's if you keep Chain Lightning at Lv. 1, Bind Relic at Lv. 1, and don't learn Vengeance Blast. And Detonate's effectiveness in large groups is proportional to how many enemies Chain Lightning is able to bounce to (since it's a Saint's only guaranteed electrocution skill), which a Lv. 1 CL won't really help with.

I mean sure, you can use Detonate to skip some mechanics like Dark Room, but there are other classes that exist with such skills too. Although Detonate casts the fastest of them all... I guess what I'm saying is, if you choose to get Detonate at all after awakening, it won't be for damage.

---

Regarding crests, post-awakening I'd imagine we'd use these:

- Lightning Relic CD
      - Healing Relic CD
      - Cure Relic CD
      - Bind Relic CD
      - Relic Reaction DMG
      - Holy Burst DMG? Grand Cross CD? (if it exists?)
      - Grand Sigil CD? (it's not a skill that should be used immediately off CD anyway)

Not many changes. If anything, we'll probably end up exchanging Chain Lightning/Detonate plates for Holy Burst/Grand Cross plates now.

Comment

Yea im definately buying the reset scroll after the cleric awakenings. But pre-awakening has so little change besides the grand cross that I dont think it would be worth to buy a reset scroll now and one when the awakenings arrive.
        darkarkec-Saint
        Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/ipwnppl

Comment

My intended build for post-awakening:
          Maxed all the necessary skills and took what I want for utility as well. The extra point will probably go into bind relic.

Comment

• Udokotela
            Udokotela commented
            Editing a comment
            get dive kick :|

Anthelus

Regarding Saint bubble system, as of the latest patch in kDN...

Saint meter charges between a value of 0-100. To gain access to the meter, you need to learn Grand Cross Awakening. After that, the following skills charge the meter:
          - Antiphonary, at a value of 1 per successful hit (10 total hits in a 1v1 environment)
          - Grand Cross, at a value of 1 per successful hit (7-8 total hits in a 1v1 environment?)

Thing is, Grand Cross is notoriously buggy in terms of hitbox behavior as you all have likely already noticed (and Awakening doesn't really fix that), so your main meter building skill is going to be Antiphonary.

The following skills gain a bonus effect when the Saint meter is fully charged, also completely consuming the meter when used:
          - Healing Relic heals an additional +20% of magic attack per pulse (using the maximum value of your magic attack instead of randomizing between your attack range)
          - Antiphonary sends out two additional orbs (what I call Triple Antiphonary), each orb having the same strength as the original (along with also building up additional meter, regaining 30 if all hits land)

Do be aware that after Saint Awakening, Healing Relic and Holy Shield's range is reduced to a ** radius instead of essentially being map-wide. However, every healing skill in the game by then gains vertical range (so you don't have to worry about Lunar Knights jumping over your head and your heals any longer).

The Saint meter can be sustained for 60 seconds before you have to refresh its duration by hitting an enemy with either of the two above skills, before you lose all progress on the meter entirely. For the most part, Saint meter builds up SLOW. Enhanced Healing Relic and Triple Antiphonary won't be spammable in a 1v1 raid environment (and you'll probably lose progress moving from stage to stage depending on how your raid group functions), and you likely won't get to use either in PvP period.

Comment

• BasementDweller
            BasementDweller commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah okay that makes sense. I thought that the upgraded heal relic didn't consume the 50 bubbles. But if it did then yeah that'd be a massive problem :/

• Anthelus
            Anthelus commented
            Editing a comment
            SaitoHikari this helped a lot Antiphonary is that new saint skill huh? Interesting how Saints have this sort of system now. I supposed every class is eventually going to get one. A meter system of sorts. Awesome buff with the heal relic though

• Temu
            Temu commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for this information Saito, I did not know that the bubble system had a duration of 60 seconds as I had trouble building them up on other servers. I would build up to about 60 bubbles and forget about it due to focusing on keeping people alive and I would lose all the bubbles in the process.
            Knowing this now, I can most likely optimise my playstyle so that I can be useful in both supportive and offensive capabilities.

Discord : * Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *#4267
          Main Character : Aelphaeis

Comment

• Anthelus
            Anthelus commented
            Editing a comment
            @_@ good holy mother of dragons. I need to start gearingmy saint asap

And I was happy to see my RRs critting ** x-x
          The bar has now been set.

Comment

• Cipherel
            Cipherel commented
            Editing a comment
            If I had enough health/damage/experience I would totally ask, but I'm only about 65% of the way there in terms of stats, if that.

• Aelphaeis
            Aelphaeis commented
            Editing a comment

These stats are workable in my opinion; however, I do have a question - do you main Saint? I notice you're in this section a lot but your sig says abyss walker.

• Cipherel
            Cipherel commented
            Editing a comment
            Stats are slightly outdated due to the last enhancement event. Currently 2.3m hp, 90k dmg.
            I actually main Abyss Walker but saint is my nice 2nd main. I'm just here so often because barely anyone actually plays AW so there's nothing to talk about ;-;

I was happy with 15m RRs Im probs never gonna get that level of FD anytime soon
          darkarkec-Saint
          Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/ipwnppl

Comment

To fellow Saints,
            Are you guys planning to take all awakening skills, If so why?
            What would be your saint skill build looks like after cleric awakening update?
            Since Cleric Awakening is close I think It would be good idea to discuss about it in here.

DN News Reporter & Translator
            Integration #9140

Comment

• BasementDweller
              Editing a comment
              LEJAC11
              No holy burst build looks really tempting now, especially since it frees up so much sp. Did you notice a drop in damage when you were testing no holy burst? Or was your use of holy burst so limited that the damage from it was rarely optimised?
              I think you might have to change the build a bit tho since buffed class mastery 2 needs holy burst and I'm pretty sure you can't learn all the skills unless cleric sp is above 45 :/
              Last edited by BasementDweller; 10-23-2016, 02:19 PM.

• LEJAC11
              LEJAC11 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oups I forgot to exclude Class Mastery 2 since It only benefits when Holy Burst is used, skill can be dropped and as you can see 223/233 SP 10 SP left either to Block,Righteous Bolt, Paralyze Bolt will conclude my build. I still havent decided which one to pick is why I left it like this. The DMG of normal Holy Burst is not that great from my perspective. And I personally did not like using Holy Burst Awakening because skill is buggy, some of Holy Burst with relic will not hit sometimes.

• BasementDweller
              Editing a comment
              Ah okay. Personally I'd take block because I'm too lazy to dodge hahaha

General priest question. I've heard that use of detonate to cancel dark room has been patched and is now impossible to pull off. Just wondering if that's true or I've just completely failed to pull off a successful cancel in my last few HC runs.
            If it can't be done it just means I need to recreate my build again.
            Also with the present inquis nerf, is it worth it to tech grand cross any more?
            Last edited by Cipherel; 10-25-2016, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Milithistorian
              Milithistorian commented
              Editing a comment
              they patched it IIRC

grand cross tech is needed for some awakening skills (bubble)

RIP hopes for cleric awakening tomorrow

Comment

• BasementDweller
              Editing a comment
              Feels bad mang Hopefully we can get it before the end of this year

Saint Relic thread- > http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...ent-for-saints
            Anthelus - Exiled Guardian
            Shinzu - Barbarian of Soar
            Xinzu - Ronin Saint
            Rinzu - Gladiator of none
            Singular - anal Destroyer
            Muzu - anal driller
            DaddyKun#9170

Comment

Bumping for visibility. Lots of useful info on this.
              IGN: AngelicOtaku - Saint

Comment

Working...
              X