Arch Heretic PvE build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch Heretic PvE build?

Anyone have a decent PvE build that I can see because I just made a chronicle Arch Heretic and have no idea which skills I should be putting points into.
    Currently I'm at lvl 87 and any plate suggestions would be appreciated as well!

This is what I use https://na.dnmaze.com/2.3.1/608/#/ar...2h.36H.40H.43h. which includes plate suggestions. (If you care more about damage than survivability, take Arch Heretic EX A instead of B)
    If ya have any questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by FLCLnoodles View Post
      Anyone have a decent PvE build that I can see because I just made a chronicle Arch Heretic and have no idea which skills I should be putting points into.
      Currently I'm at lvl 87 and any plate suggestions would be appreciated as well!
      This is the build I use https://na.dnmaze.com/2.3.1/608/#/ar...2h.36H.40H.43h. which includes crests. (If you care more about damage than survivability, take Arch Heretic EX A instead of B).
      Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Comment

This is the build I use https://na.dnmaze.com/2.3.1/608/#/ar...2h.36H.40H.43h. which includes crests. (If you care more about damage than survivability, take Arch Heretic EX A instead of B).
        Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
        Last edited by SkitzoRoy; 06-04-2017, 09:14 AM. Reason: Forums are acting up for me..

Comment

SkitzoRoy oh awesome thanks! The Skill Crest options is really convenient too. So for questions:
          1. If you're I'm getting Holy Kick, wouldn't it be better to get it to lvl 6 for the increased range?
          2. Do you think Aura of Healing is necessary since it only heals 3% max hp for 3 SP?
          3. Do the skills Shield Smash, Chaos Shield, and Cruel Rush suck?
          4. Why do you max Guilt Attack to 12?
          5. Why do you choose Attack Accelerator (A) / 5% Nightmare dmg over (B) / 5% inc to crit dmg?

Comment

Ok so,
            1. It would be better yes, however, that's just extra utility to push stuff. It's never been needed for me, so I took putting points into other places rather than putting 5 more sp there.
            2. It isn't necessary, but it is still a heal. If you're constantly using Pain to Gain, you could be losing more hp than you recover once you reach over like 2.5mil (maybe 3 mil).
            3. Shield Smash is an extra iframe. I found that I sometimes accidentally used it or didn't really need it if I timed my evades right. It really only helped if I missed a stomp mech but the ones in IDN are dodgeable. Chaos Shield does not do as much damage as the other skills in the build. The most I used Chaos Shield for was to get a few extra hits in from Land of Corruption for a very small heal. Cruel Rush does suck for dps. Carnage is better because Carnage has a higher base %, it causes you to gain Nightmare Force (increasing your STR (which increases your overall damage)), and Cruel Rush consumes 3 Nightmare Force each attack.
            4. Maxing Guilt Attack lowers its cooldown to the same cooldown as Quick Dash (the Arch Heretic's dodge). This makes it really easy to dodge an attack > Guilt Attack > Carnage or dodge again > Guilt Attack > Carnage or dodge again > Guilt Attack > Carnage etc.
            5. Because one is a 5% damage increase all the time, the other is a 5% dmg increase 90% of the time (if you have maxed crit). At least, that's how I see it, and since I don't have max crit, its even more of a reason for me to choose Attack Accelerator A.
            Last edited by SkitzoRoy; 06-04-2017, 03:13 PM. Reason: The forums have been bugging on me lately.

Comment

Sorry for all the questions right off the bat DX Just a returning player! This is very informative! Thanks a bunch.
              1. Oh mkay Idk which AH skills actually have a pushing feature so was just curious.
              2. Valid point since I'm using Pain to Gain at only 309k hp for leveling so it doesn't seem to bother me atm lol
              3. Understood!
              4. I had no idea leveling Guilt Attack lowered the CD. Was just looking at DPS this whole time lol
              5. Okay yeah that makes sense. Plus I'm not close to max crit at all

Comment

SkitzoRoy Also, is Arch Heretic EX (B) resisting all elements by 10% when it say attributes? Like say fire, ice, light, and dark?
                Last edited by FLCLnoodles; 06-04-2017, 03:43 PM. Reason: tagging SkitzoRoy

Comment

Glad to help!
                  Not many AH skills have a pushing feature, but I haven't really needed really good pushing skills in any nest yet so..
                  Yeah, the heal was just preference over getting some other skill really. It's totally preference whether one should get it or not.
                  And yup! It does resist all elements by 10%.

Comment

• FLCLnoodles
                    FLCLnoodles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey I just hit lvl 93 and the more I look at your build, the more I like it. I just need to run some nests after getting some basic gear now to fully utilize it.

• SkitzoRoy
                    SkitzoRoy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad to hear you're liking it so far

Hey there, I've just started playing and decided to use this build! I don't know very much about the game anymore since I last played near release.. I can see Crests in the build as I scroll over all the skills but not really what ones are preferred.. as I know you can only use a few crests I was wondering which ones are better used?
                  Last edited by Claadborn; 09-26-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Claadborn
                    Claadborn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Crests, sorry! Edited my post

• SkitzoRoy
                    SkitzoRoy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Best ones to use are (in no specific order): Carnage dmg, Evil Hand cd, Savage Attack cd, Deadly Blow dmg, and Devastation AS.
                    Evil Hand cd is more for keeping the elemental debuff on more of the time. If this isn't needed, the crest isn't needed. (Other classes can apply the elemental debuff in a better way/longer duration, so if you're with that kind of class a lot, no need for this crest).
                    If you use the Evil Hand cd crest, the Savage Attack cd crest is really good to have since it will let you use Savage Attack after every other Evil Hand; otherwise, this crest will disrupt the timings. Savage Attack dmg could be taken instead.
                    Soul Steal cd is good if you need to heal a bit more frequently.
                    Devastation AS crest is nice if you don't like how slow the skill is.
                    Deadly Blow damage is the most important crest to have I'd say.
                    Carnage dmg crest is important if you're able to use that skill a lot (the better you are offensively, the more you'll end up using Carnage).

Just choose which ones you think you'd enjoy the most.

• Claadborn
                    Claadborn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    wow thanks so much for the information! Much appreciated <3
                Working...
                X