Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do About Defensio!!

Hello I am Patrache,

I am a defensio Main and since my time as defensio I have seen it get nerfed again and again to the point where the class is struggling to have a place against other classes.
    It cant dps well and its support just takes a lot of skill to even stand a chance.

Here is just some of my opinions on what should be done:

Its support:
    Beyond the wall: Arguably the best best defensive buff/debuff in the game but its crippled by its really small range and duration. Because of the mechanics of the buff/debuff I can assume increasing its range will probably near impossible so the best thing a defensio can hope for is an increase of its buff/debuff duration to 20 seconds (the same as guardians and destroyers bubble duration). Also Please let this change be for the ex only. And Reduce its cool down to 9 seconds so with the cooldown crest it can instantly go off cooldown with auto-Repair!

Super armor: I understand that all Protection bubble skills from all the tank classes will lose the super armor effect in an upcoming patch. I personally dont like that but since every tank loses it I cant complain. However defensio lacks what the other two has skills that will help make sure the character wont get knocked down.
    Destroyer still has access to the skill Iron Skin which greatly increases super armor
    Guardian Has access to numerous block skills which will automatically block an attack for you.

So what does defensio have?
    Aerial Parry- Has to manually block incoming attacks requiring precise timing and skill
    Gear step- Gear step slightly increases super armor (but nothing too significant)

Solution: one of two things can happen
    1) Increase the strength of the gear step super armor buff giving both Ruina and Defensio the boost (may cause problems in terms of pvp balance)
    2) Give Defensio's Pressure release Defense buff an increased super armor effect.

Defensio's DPS:
    Defensio is not a dps class and if the above changes happen I would be perfectly happy with it as is however it does need slight boosts in some areas:

Defensio used to be able to land 4 total damage skill hits from Beat down, when this was taken away it hurt defensios dps by a lot, But I do agree with the balancing purposes because it probably was a broken mechanic in pvp. From what I read up on In a future patch Beat Down ex will get the option to land to the ground faster, I was thinking of the skill acting like Dark Avengers fatal impact where It does significantly more damage the longer the user stays in the air to charge it. Dealing up to 100% bonus damage!

Twister Kick used to be an amazing skill for defensio. It flowed well with her skills and the dealing decent damage per hit aspect of the skill was also nice. However The Skill was changed to do Total Damage instead of damage per hit to benefit Ruina Overcharge. Not only that but the skill lost the ability to cancel it mid air with space bar to chain into beyond the wall. It would be best to revert it back to how it originally was with a slight increase in damage 900% Per hit at max level?

All of these would be welcomed additions to make defensio Great again!

Would love to hear comments and feedback from my fellow defensio players!

I thought gear step gives you practically infinite super armor? Or is it different for defensios?
    IGN: CharginTool
    Discord ID: CharginTool #6299
    (9 ′︵‵ )9

Comment

• CharginTool
      CharginTool commented
      Editing a comment
      also hi patrache! Teach me defensio sometime yas? ( ′︵‵ )b

Originally posted by CharginTool View Post
    I thought gear step gives you practically infinite super armor? Or is it different for defensios?
    hi Charging, Maybe I dont understand the super armor buff, I know gear steps do give you an armor buff and it can easily be refreshed but feel its easy to break? I Dont pvp so I dont know the limits of the super armor buff too well. Need to test it I guess because atm I just rely on Beyond the walls super armor only.

Comment

in pvp yah it gives you an extra (400? SA) naturally. In PVE its different. It's enough SA that you ignore every single mechanic in the game regardless, its actually stronger than bubble itself.
      IGN: CharginTool
      Discord ID: CharginTool #6299
      (9 ′︵‵ )9

Comment

I'm fairly sure that Gear Step does provide quite the super armor buff, but it's for such a limited time. The bubble allows you to essentially do whatever you want and ignore what the boss is doing.

As for the Defensio issues itself... it's disheartening. I love the class. I'll be honest, it's not my main but she's such a fun sub-main to have that I keep using her for content. It (was) a fun way to tank other than the (Sorry Clerics) boring Guardian playstyle. But... they made it far to difficult. I just wanted for Beyond the Wall to have a bigger range. Instead, they remove the 4 hits from skills like Beat Down... why? Ruina already has Overcharge to hit a boss like however many times, but Defensio only gets 2? I know we're not a DPS, but still. Taking away the mid-air cancel of Twister Kick? No need. Now we have to burn Aerial Parry to cancel it.

That's just me ranting though. Simply put, I want them to fix Defensio's, but I don't want them to kill off what makes Defensio the class she is.

Comment

Would you be willing to post your build for PvE?

Comment

Originally posted by ecaflip View Post
          Would you be willing to post your build for PvE?
          Yes I Dont mind, As soon as the servers are up ill gladly post a screenshot

Comment

Yah it's a shame the devs made changes favorable to ruina. I just wish they kept pvp and pve skills separate cause I think that's what prompted the changes

alao ppl need to stop hating on defensio. Tell people aerial parry ex creates mini grand sigils all over the field and they may change their minds lmao
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            Who guards the guardians?

Comment

It'd be nice if she were more like a physician, except minus the focus on healing and focuses on party defense(hints the class' name). Just remove the provoking and possibility of her as a tank and let her be a support dps with some actually decent dps. Her current support sucks and needs major reworking.
              Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
              Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
              PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

• ceruulean
                ceruulean commented
                Editing a comment
                I think if defensio had a longer provoke it would alleviate the weakness of melee range. But just adding another dps-support like aw and dancer is boring. Defensio already focuses on party defense even if it isn't in the form of a constant yellow bubble

• Snobu
                Snobu commented
                Editing a comment
                Is dancer even considered support anymore now that their dance buff is a self buff? Most wouldnt use their heal dance because that would cut their damage buff dancing. AW isnt really made to support either unless he takes LB skills. I personally dont think its always a wise idea to be forced to tank upclose like the defensio which is proving to make her tanking capabilities lacking to the other two tanks which can do both. Buffing the party and actually putting in some sort of party buffing for defense would almost make her a staple for learning teams and tack that on with some good damage from the class itself. Not to mention focusing on defense buffing would still make defensio's name still meaning what shes ment for instead of just being a halfcrack dps char sounding like shes supposed to be defensive.

I agree Snobu! She just needs some better support. And slight damage increase.

I definitely feel increasing Beyond the Walls duration will help.
              You also gave me an idea to buff Aerial Parry support.
              the Defense buff is good but the healing is lacking. It currently heals 1% (1.5% if teched) every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. I think it should heal the same amount for every 1 second that way it heals 10% to 15% instead of 5%-7.5%. Another Addition could be giving Aerial Parries Aoes a debuff cure Just like Grand sigil!(Only works when entering the aoe)

This could be an interesting addition to its support. Defensio might make a great compliment class to running with A Physician/Light Bringer!
              Both Light Bringer and Physician lack defensive support and a cure that can compete with saints!.

Ty Snobu and Cerulean.

Let me know what you think of that idea

Comment

• ceruulean
                ceruulean commented
                Editing a comment
                I think curing belongs to the healer domain so it wouldn't make sense for defensio to have that capability. Aw also have cure but who knows it just seems a little op
                Last edited by ceruulean; 09-28-2016, 05:17 PM.

• Snobu
                Snobu commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah i do agree the heal is lacking and we all know her bubble's aoe needs increasing, but she doesnt need a party cure like that. That would put saints out of business again and devs dont want that ;P
            Working...
            X