Ice Barrier EX's stackable CD effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Barrier EX's stackable CD effect

Most of probably realized this, but I'll just make the thread for it.

Apparently, the CD reduction effect on Ice Barrier EX is stackable. Which means, the faster you recover the CD of the skill and re-cast it (while the previous barrier is still on), the quicker you're able to subtract -30% CD on some of your other active Ice skills. So the purpose of having CTC on Frost Chaos and the high hit-count on Ice Cyclone was apparently for that purpose.

Main uses:
    *Blizzard: 150 (-30% from Barrier 1) -> 105 (-30% from Barrier 2) -> 73.5
    *Chilling Mist: 45s -> 31.5s ->22.05s
    *Frozen Spikes: 13s -> 9s ->6s

You'll only get high hit-counts on large/stationary bosses with both Frost Chaos and Ice Cyclone.

I did not factor in the -10% CD from Mana Flow or the -20% CD Plate for Blizzard.

Edit:
    Here's a video from (SEA)
    Last edited by Aquamarine; 10-20-2016, 12:07 AM.

Also, if you're going to abuse this, then the best way to animation cancel Glacial Field is with ICFexi: Icy Gust ->Glacial Field -> ICFexi, the animation for Glacial Field will still continue and you'll waste less time trying to cast Glacial Field.

Comment

Oh, so that's why I find it off CD so often. With regards to the Glacial Field fast casting, give it a second after you cast GF to use your EXi, because sometimes I've used it and EXi right away and the whole field gets cancelled. Wait until you see your staff firmly on the ground before cancelling into EXi.

This method also works to increase Pyro efficiency. You can use Flame Spark -> Summon Meteor -> Fireball EXi to shave a second off. It's useful because I generally have to reposition myself to use Summon Meteor. With this method, I can get both these skills off in a good time frame. And Summon Meteor has some vulnerability at the end, which this method takes advantage of to do some more damage.
      Discord: Fabulous #3971
      You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
      Class Updates Document
      Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
      YouTube Channel

Comment

• Pho
        Pho commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, you seem to be knowledgeable on Pyro. Is it just me or is enhanced flame burst really glitchy? Sometimes I feel it doesn't do much compared to enhanced meteor.

• Fabulous
        Fabulous commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, Flame Burst EX is hit or miss. ba dum tss I usually stack Flame Burst EX and Flame Burst together and combine them with Hot Rod. That way, even if the EX doesn't hit, the normal version and Hot Rod will still hit, so you won't feel like you did nothing. :')

Summon Meteor EX has more potential damage on large or stationary targets, since the burn damage brings the board to 15504% (3 meteors), versus the 12600% of Flame Burst EX (3 explosions). Although Flame Burst and Flame Burst EX don't show up explicitly on the DPS meter, if you add up the total % of all your skills, it doesn't equal 100%. I believe the leftover is Flame Burst and Flame Burst EX, so you can see how much it factors into your gameplay that way. I duoed DDNHC recently and Summon Meteor accounted for 12% of my DPS, while Flame Burst did 10%.

For these reasons, I would prioritize Summon Meteor EX over Flame Burst EX. That said, I believe Flame Burst will do more in nests like Daidalos, even if it glitches.

Axxon Bishoujou I feel like with your playtime in the foreign servers, you guys have experienced this more than I have. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Fabulous View Post
      This method also works to increase Pyro efficiency. You can use Flame Spark -> Summon Meteor -> Fireball EXi to shave a second off. It's useful because I generally have to reposition myself to use Summon Meteor. With this method, I can get both these skills off in a good time frame. And Summon Meteor has some vulnerability at the end, which this method takes advantage of to do some more damage.
      Your comment gave me the idea to try my torbs x2 + gblast x1 combo for focus gravity, but to wait until gravity spark is off of cd again in order to go gspark > focus gravity > torbs exi to attempt to cut down the post-cast delay. it doesnt do a lot but i could definitely feel a difference in my ability to evade afterwards. <3
      http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

Comment

Jee I wish wm exi could shave even a second off stuff
        It's more like a fake ctc than anything ._.
        (Actually, if this slow af exi could actually be a ctc with the casting of the exi, i`d be so damn happy)
        Last edited by Snobu; 10-06-2016, 08:40 AM.
        Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
        Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
        PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

• Echelos
          Echelos commented
          Editing a comment
          make NTL the instant and reset when you land dark nova, and give spectrum 3x ctc. ;~;

Lol ya, discovered this in-game back in May of this year (I really wish they kept Energy Blast's double hit bug (it did 5.8K% *2), because that **** was so broken, since it had no cd and only cost 5 bubbles).

Glacial Field's design and animation was based off of Consecration (lol recolored) and since Instants are skills with their own classification category (having their own cd/specific activation method) and because they're able to be used "instantly", they're allowed to cancel/overwrite the state of other actions (higher priority) to make virtually any skill that's used in the activation window safe (I miss being able to use Air FB/Spec).
        Last edited by Aquamarine; 10-06-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X