This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seph's Majesty Guide

I transferred my guide to Google Docs to make it easier for me to edit considering these new forums have image and character limits.

Only doing trivial edits now but pretty much done with the major tests. I will try my best to maintain a log to keep track of relevant skill changes, must they happen.

All questions, comments, suggestions, or other feedback are welcome ~
    a.k.a. Chaos Mage / Obscuria Class Guide - Updated for 93 Cap! INTRODUCTION Hi, I'm Seph and I'm here to help you gain a deeper understanding of the chaos mage class. Whether you're an old player who recently came back to the game or someone new to the class looking for guidance, I can defi...
    Last edited by Zeref; 08-22-2017, 01:12 PM.

Log:

9/17/17
    - Updated skill builds to Lv.95
    - Updated skill descriptions to reflect removal of EX instants in PvP
    - Added Class Mastery III description

8/12/17
    - Updated introduction
    - Aesthetical update for better legibility
    - Minor skill detail updates

4/14/17
    - Small updates to build & skill descriptions to reflect latest class changes

10/6/16
    - Updated builds to 93 cap
    - Updated skill descriptions to reflect latest class changes
    - Updated skill rotation section
    - Added awakening skill descriptions
    Last edited by Zeref; 09-17-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

-Reserved-

Comment

Not even trying to start yet another fight but after testing I found out triple orbs 20% dmg crest doesn't affect the instant so its not the most viable crest in PvE anymore.
        http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

Comment

Originally posted by Echelos View Post
          Not even trying to start yet another fight but after testing I found out triple orbs 20% dmg crest doesn't affect the instant so its not the most viable crest in PvE anymore.
          Before lvl 93 cap, Fireball crest affected the instant (so I expect the same from other instants), I think it's a bug and we would have to wait next patch to see if it's going to be fixed or not.
          Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
          IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

Yes, I'm well aware that it currently has no effect on the instant but I also believe it's a bug waiting to get fixed. There were other viable crests listed to choose from. If it ends up not being a bug then I at least hope they would release skill crests for our new 93 skills.

I also think awakened teleport's hitbox should be fixed. Imo they should just remove the damage part of teleport and make the skill a trigger for Gravity Well without a set precondition (similar to EX instants). Honestly it's pretty broken in pvp having teleport knock down on its own lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zeref View Post
              Yes, I'm well aware that it currently has no effect on the instant but I also believe it's a bug waiting to get fixed. There were other viable crests listed to choose from. If it ends up not being a bug then I at least hope they would release skill crests for our new 93 skills.

I also think awakened teleport's hitbox should be fixed. Imo they should just remove the damage part of teleport and make the skill a trigger for Gravity Well without a set precondition (similar to EX instants). Honestly it's pretty broken in pvp having teleport knock down on its own lol
              Yeah if you manage to land the teleport hit you can go straight into gspark > torbs without having to cast dark nova. One thing I've noticed though is that gravity well instant in pvp does 50% more damage than a full cast of normal gravity well for some reason. Maybe it was intentional to give us a nuke skill for almost 70-80k damage in pvp but I'm not sure haha.
              http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

Comment

I thought it was strange that my exi wasnt doing as much as expected. If this is a bug and never fixed, I may have to swap the dmg crest out :/
                Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
                Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
                PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

• Echelos
                  Echelos commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i switched it for gblast until its fixed. plus ghost orbs from gblast do more than torbs when you use gravity focus (and dmg crest affects that dmg) so its decent.

• Snobu
                  Snobu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  More incentive to play with ff cd

Informative/organized guide :P

Even though I've played mystics since beta/24 cap, think it'd help out others a lot~

Good job-throws a like-

Comment

• Zeref
                  Zeref commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thx mang

+ 1 for Guide/Font

@Zeref: Remember when we made those skill suggestions a few years ago, lol "Teleport EX"

It actually happened, rofl

There are some Gravity Rush PvP setups that are pretty nice too, considering what you can cancel out of it with.
                Last edited by Aquamarine; 10-10-2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Zeref
                  Zeref commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I actually had a bit of trouble choosing a font that is both legible and not too basic (if anyone finds the current one hard to read lmk)

and lmfao yeah although honestly I expected it to be on the smasher spec. Though it's so good to the point where playing on my WM now feels so damn slow whenever I use teleport :c

Regarding Gravity Rush, thanks for pointing that out. After a few more days of playing around, I found that its actually pretty good to detonate triple orbs EXi while they're still grounded. Still looking for more cool things I can do with it

What accessories do CM's use nowadays? I havent played for a while and started up my cm again.

Comment

• Fabulous
                  Fabulous commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Necklace:
                  Triple Orbs tech with high int

Earrings:
                  - Gravity Blast tech with high int (if you don't have costume weapon)
                  - Anything with high int (Wise Theano, IDNU/L)
                  - RDNL (only if it's a main and you're stacking FD with 3-set, otherwise the int loss is too great to bother with)

Rings:
                  - Gravity Well tech for dark%
                  - RDNL with L-grade gem
                  - Mystical Theano, IDNU/L

thanks for your lovely guide imma try this out in my cm :3

IGN: StJINO || S A I N T || GUILD: ARMY [GM]

Comment

I was wondering...

Under "Beyond Time" Effect, you have a 5.4 second cooldown on Gravity well. Though if you choose to, you can take 8 seconds to setup 15-18 gravity orbs for Focus Gravity.

I personally have no idea how Focus Gravity damage is calculated on a per orb basis, but would the setup time for this burst be worth it?

Comment

• Zeref
                    Zeref commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Focus Gravity's damage per orb is based on your gravity blast & triple orbs.

It is our strongest nuke right now so yeah it's worth it

• Echelos
                    Echelos commented
                    Editing a comment
                    each orb left behind by gravity blast / triple orbs does exactly 133% board damage. meaning the total damage between all 3 orbs left behind by each skill is 4x board damage.

gravity blast at max level is just under 2000% (about 1980% i think) but to put it simply, each orb does about 2666% x 3 equalling about 8000% in total from all orbs.

triple orbs works the same way with each orb left behind dealing 133% of the board damage, but the board on triple orbs is about 1500% so 133% of that is about 2000%, which when you add all 3 orbs together is 6000%.

so basically a regular cast of gravity blast will do less damage than triple orbs, but when you use focus gravity, the orbs left behind from gravity blast will be doing more than the ones left behind by triple orbs.

Great guide but... any info on how to gear? I've been gone for a while and not really sure what the meta is in terms of gearing as a lot of things have changed since I last played.

Comment

• Fabulous
                    Fabulous commented
                    Editing a comment
                    armors: Theano, Desirous Theano if you want a little bit more defense, Ultimate Theano is the FD set (can do 2-pc Cor-nura for best FD combo)
                    weapons: Theano -> Nightmare Theano (obtained from accumulating 10 weeks of points in Deep Abyss: Starlight Garden)
                    accessories: see above post
                    offensive gems: Dark 93E, Dark 80L for RDNL
                    defensive gems: Wise 93E with vit, Wise 93E with crit (mix and match to get your desired HP and crit%, 210k crit is max for IDN)

I'm not sure what you mean by "meta." Are you trying to be the very best, or do you just want to have fun clearing 4-man nests? Arguably 80L weapons are the best for sorcs right now (apart from 90L), but L-grades are expensive and not worth. 93E provides a lot of INT as well with enhanced gems. I know someone who is skilled and a heavy hitter without L-grades.

Great guide, man! *-*

Im SE main and wantes to try a Chaos Mage again (was FU till kali release), and i found a lot of great info Great guide, man! *-*
                  Im SE main and wantes to try a Chaos Mage again (was FU till kali release), and i found a lot of rly good infos here :> regard GF and the other one (which i find hard af to control lmao).

One thing you didnt say in ur guide is about the double cast of 3orbs instant, since the skill and stant doesnt share cd anymore.

Thanks for the effort of making such a nice guide! Thumbs up~ xD

Comment

Working...
                  X