WarMage/Smasher help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WarMage/Smasher help

I read the Chaos mage skill build thread and the questions were really good so im going to use them too. I haven't played in a couple months and was wondering on how i should go about things.

1. What should my skill build be? Can someone post theirs?(if you can do a brief explanation that would be great! You dont have to though.) (also i do a bit of pvp with my friends and would also would like to see a pvp build as well.)
    2. What are my strongest skills (what should I spam under FF)?
    3. How should I gear up? I'd like to be able to at least attempt the newest raids.

shout outs to Shushuu for the questions

Right now this is the build that i am using and would like some feed back as well. The first pic is my PVE second is PVP (i have linear ray at 15 because a costume +1)

Thank you for your time
    Last edited by c45peacemaker; 10-07-2016, 08:28 PM.

Snobu xoxo

(1) Have you heard about the level 90 tech changes? After you hit max level on a skill, teching it increases its % by 10%, and teaching it again by another 7%. For example, if Linear Ray is 2000% at level 19, teching it once will bring it to 2200%, and twice to 2574%. So, even if you won't have a lot of time to use LR, if you want to maximize your damage in the times that you do, I would level it to 19 and use your weapon tech for 20.

(3) Since you're starting from the new cap, I would go with level 93 Theano equipment. In 90 cap, they introduced a system where you could upgrade your epics to uniques, while retaining their enhancement. If they continue this trend, eventually they will have Theano unique upgrades, so you'd be ready. The best "good but not over the top expensive" gear at the moment are Evolution Coma/Nightmare, and Ice Dragon Uniques. A +13 Theano mainhand is about 4% less damage than +13 Evolution Coma. Because you have Awakening, which doubled our 90 cap potential, all of 90 cap content sans IDN should be a piece of cake. So I believe even +6 Theano would serve you well for 90 cap content, and level 93 TKN Norm is about as difficult as Daidalos HC.

Now, since kDN still doesn't have anything better 93-wise than Theano right now, and it's been about four months since they started 93 cap, you could probably go for Evo Coma. This requires about two months of nesting, and won't cost you much. The good thing about this path is that level 90 unique weapons can have their enhancements transferred to each other, and to level 93 epics. So in the event you need to make the switch to Theano, you'd be ready. And 90 uniques are the best cheap gear for the IDN raid. If you're interested in this path, just comment further and we'll give you the breakdown of how you should go about it.

Armor wise, I would go Theano as well to have the most defense and HP.
    Last edited by Fabulous; 10-07-2016, 04:01 PM.
    Discord: Fabulous #3971
    You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
    Class Updates Document
    Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
    YouTube Channel

Comment

I tweaked your pve build a bit:

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0---

- Dropped mental fortitude to 1 and raised void blast to 16 for damage peak
      - Dropped black hole (useless lol)
      - Maxed linear
      - Dropped time stop to 1 and got time dodge

Comment

One major thing about your build, c45peacemaker, is that you definitely don't need to invest in to any chaos mage skills past gravity blast because you literally don't need anymore fillers this cap with awakening war mage. Even gravity blast itself is just an sp dump filler.
        Also dont invest so heavily into time dodge, its only to recover stagger.
        And in the basic sorc tree, pick between toxic spray or void blast and max it. It doesnt matter which. Keep the other things from your base sorc tree from the second build and stick with that one.

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0---
        Triple orbs is good dmg and all, but the casting time of that skill is whats hurting it when you can just spend that time firing a couple lasers instead, or holding laser ray. Not to mention casting non laser skills not building up laser points, with the exception of laser cutter. Even laser cutter can still be op on a large boss so its still worth casting. (Just not worth it's awakening) Max all laser skills even liner ray. You never know when you might need liner ray as a filler. Especially if you're not dark converted, it'll do more dmg than any cm skill. Though, sometimes I find myself casting gravity blast anyway out of my own flow.
        Last edited by Snobu; 10-08-2016, 09:40 AM.
        Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
        Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
        PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

Thanks for all the information!! one more Question. What should my FF rotation be?

Comment

• Fabulous
            Fabulous commented
            Editing a comment
            I think FF for WM should be plated and used to mainly reduce the CD of Eraser. Other than that, the traditional FF rotation (9TL + LC) pales in comparison to using Laser Ray. I would take advantage of FF to use Laser Ray safely. Let's say you use Laser Ray, and then are about to be blasted in the face. Evade, then use 9TL to gather bubbles. With FF, your LR will be off CD and you can use it again. That's how I would approach it.

I would link an NA War Mage, but they're so elusive. :^)

KK Thank you everyone for the help <3

Comment

Working...
          X