War Mage or Pyromancer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Mage or Pyromancer?

I am having a tough time deciding which Specialization I want to go for with my chronicle Sorceress.

Both the War Mage with her Light abilities, and the Pyromancer with her Fire gameplay look interesting to me. I was wondering if I could get some help here.

1. Can some one list out the Pros and Cons for both of these specializations and also which one is more sought-after for Nests / Dragon Nests?

2. Can some one also link a good PvE Build for War Mage? I saw Sachi's build for Pyromancer which I will probably use if I go Pyromancer, but I don't see one for War Mage and don't know how I should build it up if I decide to go for that.

3. Out of the two, which one would be better from a farther range? I don't mind playing one if it is more Melee range reliant for bosses. It's just that it's been a long time since I started playing Dragon Nest again, so i'd rather focus on playing whichever one will cause me to die less until I am more comfortable with every Nest.
    Last edited by Entro; 10-27-2016, 03:09 PM.

I think ceru explained some of the classes capabilities well here ~ edit: Axxon did too xD

I personally haven't touched WM before so I can't say much on the matter.
    But I know for sure that Pyros have a shield + Flame Vortex(Ulti) for defensive mechanisms but I would only recommend using shield unless its an emergency that needs your ulti's 70% dmg reduc :'D.. since you're not able to really move during your ulti unless you cancel it entirely.

And they also have a pretty simple combo that can be cast from a mid-far range (Instant fireball combo) while being able to debuff for your party members and you.
    I would say pyromancers are sought after more because they do heaps of damage in a few seconds while having 2 debuffs.
    Along with that, they have burning hand to boost their damage even more ~

Again! I haven't played WM so I don't know much about them ^^"

edit #2:
    *Whispers* Go Pyromancer
    Last edited by SachiMizora; 10-27-2016, 03:58 PM.

IGN: SachiMizora | Class: Pyromancer | Discord: Sachi #2301 | Hangs out @ Ch7 | Pyromancer Guide | Tumblr
    Other Characters:
    Saint/s -
    Generosity, SaeyoungChoi & Pure
    Light Bringer - Aussie, KaidenMizora
    Ice Witch - SachMizora
    Valkyrie - Sachi

Comment

1. See above. Pyro are more desired because they have an elemental debuff and deal more burst.
      2. In general, max all skills on the laser tree. Skip the Laser Cutter awakening passive. Get Time Stop for IDN.
      3. WM is comfortable at a farther range, but is more unsafe because of how stationary and spammy she has to be to deal high DPS.

Also, WM are not light element. They are neutral, so you'd have to get conversion gems.
      Discord: Fabulous #3971
      You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
      Class Updates Document
      Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
      YouTube Channel

Comment

Pyro : Burst dmg with meteors, probably the best dmg, can easily dodge while DPS'ing. Have enough time to read the situation before doing DPS (CD are relatively long if you compare to other Sorcs with FF + CTC) but mistakes are less forgiving... it's all about Tumble + Fire Shield. High-risk High-reward playstyle with Hot Rod. No spammable spells and long cast times helps to think out too

War Mage : As a mystic they got much more mobility, doesn't have an active-shield (passive is not reliable) but Fast forward on low CD+Teleport+Tumble+Spammable Ult+Time Dodge + Energy Blast make a long list of way of going out of trouble. Morst Versatile sorc in the DPS rotation depending of the situation. Probably the hardest Sorc to play IMO (Elementalist are definitively easier but might be because I play those alot).

War mage seems to have the same problem visibility problem as Ice witch (War Mage in IDN thread). So you probably have to know the mechs better than Pyro and know your cast time requirements better (but that comes naturally !)

Should make a better answer from me
        Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
        IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

Well, heres a build with no free sp if you decide to use wm. https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0---
          (sp dumps: toxic spray, gravity blast, time stop -- if you wanna adjust to your liking, although ts is good for stopping mobs like punisher at ice dragon stage one)
          The fast forward spam is amusing imo. Plenty attacks for any situation. Kahmeha/hyper beam/Death Beam(laser ray).
          Uhm, even though I can really feel the pyro love here, the more important points have been covered
          Plates: arcane dmg, 9tl dmg, ff cd, lc dmg
          Last edited by Snobu; 10-28-2016, 04:21 AM.
          Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
          Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
          PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

Considering elemental shield is 40% defense buff on pyro, they have higher survivability. Force shield requires you to -get hit- to work so I mean, thats practically suicide, also its much more offensive than defensive.

Also theres no such thing as crowd control in PvE so thats not really a contribution factor, and even if it was, pyro's fire wall slow is a much stronger cc than anything wm has.

Overall Pyro and WM are both dps classes, but Pyro overall has shorter cast times and is more of a spam class, where as WM has longer cast times and is more focused on setting up all of your skills and channeling Laser Ray.
            http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

Comment

• Snobu
              Snobu commented
              Editing a comment
              WM is the queen of spam right now among the mages no doubt with that spammable FF awakening in pve. Other than that, around 50%(more or less) of the time most damage will be into channeling laser ray
              Last edited by Snobu; 11-01-2016, 02:35 PM.

• Echelos
              Echelos commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh of course they're both very capable of spamming skills, WM is just much more focused on channeling Laser Ray than just using every skill you have when it comes off of cd. WM you'll generally have nearly every skill ready to cast a lot of the time where as Pyro you'll be attempting to use every skill the instant it is off of cd.

If you dont like dealing with cooldowns much, WM is the way to go
            But as far as burst damage goes, pyro wins. War mage is still strong non the less and has teleport mobility advantage while
            Pyro haas her reliable ele shield to reduce incoming damage for suvival
            Last edited by Snobu; 11-01-2016, 02:39 PM.
            Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
            Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
            PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

Working...
            X