War Mage guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Mage guide?

I just would like to know things like how to gear them, what are their core skills, which skills do most dps, which skill crests to get, skill builds. anyone can help with this please?

There will be a guide soon, but since you need info right now:

Crests
    Arcane Overdrive (DMG)
    Fast Forward (CD)
    Nine Tail Laser (DMG for non-FD stackers, CD for FD stackers)
    Laser Cutter (DMG)

Core Skills
    Laser Ray. Should account for about 50% of your DPS in nests.
    Nine Tail Laser
    Laser Cutter

Gear
    If you're starting anew, just do what they intended for you to do and get Theano gear. They should fix the enhancement transfer bug, so I wouldn't worry about getting Desirous or anything like that. Mix and match your gems with vit and crit until you reach a happy balance for yourself (a good crit number to strive for is 210k, which is max crit for level 90 nests). War Mage especially needs a lot of HP.

Build

Includes recommended techs if you're into those. Mana Surge is optional, but the rest are things that I think you would see in other WM builds.
    Discord: Fabulous #3971
    You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
    Class Updates Document
    Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
    YouTube Channel

Comment

• Axxon
      Axxon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Planning to alt War mage more to make gearing faster since I just need a fire Conversion Gems and cheap accessories to be viable o3o Do you happen to know which % is required with the -15% include to be worth to convert ? I Think I will only be at 38%-15% Penatly post-convert, if I get Tech earrings on my WM. (3 gems 8% x3, Magic grade ring 2% x2, Title +5%, Tech earring+5%)

• Fabulous
      Fabulous commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe it's at 18% when you start outdoing what an unconverted person can do, although for IDN, you'd want to break even at 28%) because of the elemental resists, with an elemental debuffer in your party. This can be done with the new costumes.

• iCerulean
      iCerulean commented
      Editing a comment
      Double Tap Ray and you should get the damage of both the EX and the INS a few frames apart from each other, since the animations will be overlapping. All you're doing is canceling the channeling motion pose of the skill itself. You have to make sure you double tap after the Laser Orb above has been summoned. You'd be able to confirm by looking at the two patterns overlapping on the ground, the hp depletion of the bosses HP and your hit markers. Also the animation of the Ray EX is bugged (it's inconsistent and so are the circles that are burned into the ground) and I've spent like a year trying to get them to change it back to what it was before.
      Last edited by iCerulean; 11-09-2016, 01:07 AM.

Here are some fun combos I enjoy using.
    1. Laser Cutter → Nine-Tail → (optional: Beam Tempest with blink out) → Laser Ray
    2. Gravity Blast → Spectrum Ray x2 → Energy Blast → Linear Ray

Use Fast-Forward very soon as it becomes available. Support with Mirror. Use Nine-Tails often and you should be okay.
    ⋋(◍’Θ’◍)⋌ windwalker (=^・ェ・^=) War Mage

Comment

A guide is coming soon indeed
      Just a little patience
      Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
      Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
      PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

If a guide is coming pls post about it here I want to know what I'm doing too
        Especially in regards to laser ray like how do you use it??? Why does it do so much damage?
        Characters:
        Shalotte - Gear Master
        Alne - Smasher/War Mage

Comment

Been wondering when someone would finally take the initiative to make a Guide for this class. Considering there has only been like 1-1/2 Guides for it, in the history of NA.
          Last edited by iCerulean; 11-04-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I might record something next week using the 90-cap rotation as a comparison.
            Last edited by Fabulous; 11-04-2016, 06:11 PM.
            Discord: Fabulous #3971
            You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
            Class Updates Document
            Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
            YouTube Channel

Comment

• Alne
              Alne commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you ever using the spectrum ray ins in that video? I can't tell.

• Fabulous
              Fabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              1:03, 2:03, 5:53, 9:45, 14:15. I use it several times in the second stage to animation cancel Energy Blast (Dark Nova passive -> EB -> Spectrum INS).

• Alne
              Alne commented
              Editing a comment
              OH. So that's what you were doing there. I see.

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...war-mage-guide here you go op
            Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
            Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
            PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

Working...
            X