X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sno's PVE War Mage Guide

Here it is finally.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...AoxSyIHWs/edit

I would like to thank Fabulous and Echelos for assisting me in making this guide. Also thanks to all the other beautiful class guides out there! Oh, and thanks to the dead DN wiki for most of the class icons.

Questions? Comments? Please post here in the thread to discuss the class.
    Hope you all like it; and please dont hesitate to ask any questions or point out any poor wording that can be worded better(I'm tired)
    Last edited by Snobu; 11-16-2016, 12:23 AM.
    Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
    Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
    PVE War Mage Guide

Saved space
    Last edited by Snobu; 11-08-2016, 07:52 PM.
    Nico - Destroyer

PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

A growing list of useful links on War Mage (Please keep all questions and such in this thread as it'll be most likely necro in these threads):

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...war-mage-guide

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...-or-pyromancer

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...e-smasher-help
      Last edited by Snobu; 11-08-2016, 07:46 PM.
      Nico - Destroyer

PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

Because I like being difficult, how does this look?

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0---

The points in Mystic Dark Nova and Time Dodge are just because I don't want to put them into something I'll literally never use (Gravity Blast). They're basically SP dumps.

Alternately I could have this:
        https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0---
        But still. Never going to use Gravity Blast. Why get it at all, right?
        Characters:
        Shalotte - Gear Master
        Alne - Smasher/War Mage

Comment

• NanamiMuffy
          NanamiMuffy commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe consider Gravity Blast for its super armor break and ability to push stuff. It is a decent choice for a non-laser skill.
          Last edited by NanamiMuffy; 11-08-2016, 05:16 PM.

• Alne
          Alne commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, but I don't working with so many slots. For pushing, I have wheeling staff and my book, too. For breaking superarmor, I'm not particularly sure what the mechanics are for that, but since 9TL does so many hits, it should break it rather well, I think?

• Snobu
          Snobu commented
          Editing a comment
          9tl also pushes and breaks SA, though I wouldnt recommend it on the TKN orb pushing mech
          There are other alternatives
          Last edited by Snobu; 11-08-2016, 06:54 PM.

Fixed some wording a bit, hoping its more clear. Let me know if theres anymore areas that could be reworded
        Nico - Destroyer

PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

• Alne
          Alne commented
          Editing a comment
          I was actually talking about the very first bullet in the gear section, although I think I get it now. Had to sit and stare at it for a bit tho

• c45peacemaker
          c45peacemaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey I was wondering if the if the nine tail laser awakening is bugged with the Crit resist because before you could see the debuff be applied. Now you cant see the buff. wondering if you guys notice it or if the debuff still gets applied.

• Snobu
          Snobu commented
          Editing a comment
          You're right. The crit resist debuff currently doesnt show. Its pretty difficult to test if its just a visual bug or not with crit resist debuffing being so rng as it is. It probably was removed when it shouldnt have when obtaining the awakening :/ The damage is too good to not get it though T_T
          Last edited by Snobu; 11-12-2016, 10:23 AM.

So FF is just 9TL + LC spam?

Comment

• Snobu
          Snobu commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah basically make the most use of it dps wise. Or you could toss in spectrum ray if its safe enough to use. LC > 9TL > SR and repeats

• iCerulean
          iCerulean commented
          Editing a comment
          FF rotation priority, depends on the boss size, purpose and the length of your dps/burst window. If you know for a fact that you’ll be able to get at least 10 hits off of LC under FF, then is LC worth for FF on non-stationaries. Since It takes 10s to deal 13k% and only deals around 466% of its total damage per hit (explosive hit = 2796% at Lv11) = even though the description says it does a lot, it generally doesn't. So, it will lose out to [9TL (x3) + Instant Double Ray] under FF, depending on whether you can get those LC hits off or not (9TL x3 is pretty much a full Laser Cutter). As far as Laser Ray is concerned FF-wise, that skill only needs 6 seconds to deal 35,100%, which is 5850%/18 hits every second and you’re able to blink-cancel out of it. Using the Instant Double Ray, lets you cast 2 Spectrum Rays in the time it would take you to cast one. You still get 12 hits, even if you mash as soon as the yellow box appears and you can cast it at max range, don't have to be all up on a boss. 2s for 8912% at Lv13 is really good, so in the end, it's exactly as Sno said.
          Last edited by iCerulean; 11-18-2016, 08:13 AM.

Bumps. /10
        Nico - Destroyer

PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

Bump. We're still around to answer questions. Ask away~
          Discord: Fabulous #3971
          You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
          Class Updates Document
          Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
          YouTube Channel

Comment

There are a few things I haven't updated yet such as 95 class mastery and how it changes the class, and 95 gearing. Maybe I'll get around to playing with it. But someone else is very free to make a guide too.
            As for gear though, I do currently recommend the Hero's Medea set with wise-vit gems because it's difficult to get good crit right now anyway, unless you have Hero's Calypso maybe
            Last edited by Snobu; 11-17-2017, 01:14 PM.
            Nico - Destroyer

PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

When I try to look at the war mage guide.. it just opens to the front page.. and says protected file... Can u help me.out?

Comment

Working...
              X