No announcement yet.

Sorceress Training Grounds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a playlist of some of my videos for Mystic / Chaos Mage. They're a couple years old but they should still be relevant for someone that wants to pick up Chaos Mage.

I don't recommend following my build videos, they're too old to be reliable now. The next video I make will be an updated build for 93 cap.

Check out my other playlists for actual matches against various classes.

Comment

• Aquamarine
      Aquamarine commented
      Editing a comment
      My Favorite PvP Majesty is back, ayyyyyyyyy.

Some stuff:
    Initiation #1. With Glacial Field off CD: [Icy Gust -> Glacial Field -> ICFexi -> Frost Chaos -> Phoenix Strike] = time frame of 4s (if sequence starts after boss spawn), full debuff 100% chance to apply freeze
    Initiation #2. While Glacial Field is on CD: [Frost Chaos -> Phoenix Strike] ->

Icy Gust:
    *Initiator
    *Can be used to acquire +5 bubbles, depending on whether you've whiffed this skill prior to the boss spawn or not.
    *Activates the EXI window, which is used to cancel the casting animation of Glacial Field

Blizzard
    *12 hits total
    *Coefficient increased from 1.0 (each tick dealt 10% of total board) to 1.20
    *Max Damage: 8169% x 1.5 (1.20 Coef x 1.25 - Frozen Mastery) = 12253%
    *Worth considering for <10s Burst Windows because it's a Nuke, drawback is CT

Frost Chaos
    *Increase the probability to FRZ
    *Refresh the CD of Ice Barrier EX
    * CTC-3: Will nearly refresh the entire CD of Ice Barrier EX due to the insane hit count (if all 3 are used)

Glacial Field:
    *Is a DoT/Field Effect skill
    *Increases your MS
    *40s CD, 36s CD with Mana Flow
    *Deals full board per hit, Max board = 9300% over the span of 20s, so 4650% in 10s
    *31 hits total
    *Will achieve 5-hits before the first Frost Chaos spear registers a hit (depends on whether you've started this sequence before the boss has spawned, otherwise Frost will register its 1st hit immediately, since Glacial Field would have been used beforehand)

Ice Cyclone
    *DoT skill
    *Lasts for 12s
    *150% per hit
    *Has a proximity tracker
    *0 CD, only cost Ice Crystals
    *39 hits, which lowers the CD on Ice Barrier EX by 39s.
    *Max board % = 5850% per cyclone or 7312.5% w/ Frozen Mastery (x 1.25)
    *Murders stationary bosses/Dragons due to the fact that there's no summon limit for this skill.
    *With Action Speed, this skill is a monster
    Last edited by Aquamarine; 10-05-2016, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• vara
      vara commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks always for testing stuff im too lazy to do, ceru

• Aquamarine
      Aquamarine commented
      Editing a comment
      This class is hard and thanks. People are going to love Combat Arena when that comes, since you're able to test everything there and it doesn't kick you out of you afk.

For DPS breakdown on Smasher/WM

Is 40% Laser Ray, 20% Laser Cutter, 10% 9TL and like 11% for both Spec Ray and INS good?

Comment

• Echelos
      Echelos commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah laser ray is usually first, with LC and NTL at 2nd and 3rd with pretty close numbers, sometimes my NTL is at 2nd instead but it varies depending on boss mobility, the rest is usually not too significant to worry about.

The shorter the burst window, the more Laser Ray and 9TL will stand out, relative to your other skills. As for the +50% INT Mastery, it's very important that you maintain a high critical % value, because no crit = no +% critical damage bonus.

Edit:
    Another thing I noticed, is that Ice Cyclone will cause your dps to drop, if you use it when you have less than 69% crit. Since the skill only deals 150% board per hit. It'll start breaking Top 4, when it's able to critically strike consistently and benefit from the critical damage you've gained from stacking INT. Ice Cyclone stacking is extremely good with end game gear, it completely shreds the CD off of Ice Barrier EX, and allows you to spam Blizzard moar. I guess it was designed this way, since it has practically no cooldown or summon limit.

Frozen Spikes hurts you less if you don't crit, compared to ICF, since each individual hit has a chance to crit and benefit from your critical damage.

Edit: 10/20:
    Played around with the -20% CD Plate for Blizzard and the 900 Unified Passive for Ultimate CD (-10%) and this is what I got:

150s -20% CD (Plate) = 130s
    130s - 10% CD (Ultimate Unified) = 108s cd
    108s -10% CD Buff (Mana Flow) = 97s cd
    97s cd - 30% CD from Ice Barrier EX = 68s CD

This means, after using Ice Barrier EX twice, your Blizzard will have a cooldown of only 48s (68s - 30% = 48). Also, Blizzard lasts for 5.6s and is completely iframed in PvE.
    Last edited by iCerulean; 10-20-2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Is it good to equip lightning/abyss jades on smashers? If you solo a lot is it still good to have an ECJ or is just staying neutral for the better?

Comment

Using a Conversion Gem outside of a Raid is no longer counter-intuitive due to the removal of ele resist from Nests.

Comment

Originally posted by LordKassius View Post
          Is it good to equip lightning/abyss jades on smashers? If you solo a lot is it still good to have an ECJ or is just staying neutral for the better?
          Debuff stacking in parties will be removed in future updates according to KDN so unless you have a lot of ele gears (radiant accessories, costumes, cash accessories, etc) staying neutral won't be a problem anymore. To put it simply, elemental conversion is still worthwhile, but only if you have the funds to increase your elemental attack up to 30%+.
          http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

Comment

Is Hellfire secretly alive for Pyromancers? I see videos of Pyros do fire damage with two additional damage... one in red and one in white? o 3o

Unless that means they're using Burning Hand +dmg which no one uses..................?
            Poops.

Comment

• Fabulous
              Fabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              If you didn't use an SP reset, Hellfire is still active. It's the white number.

If anyone wants to determine whether a skill at a particular level is worth the SP investment over another skill (or in this case, which is better at +2), then just run a DMG%/SP check:

(picked these two skills, since Neck + Ear Tech, plus 90U INT techs will be pretty strong, both together will give 6.5K INT)

Lv16 Nine Tail Laser EX: 4371% ÷ 18SP = 243
            Lv17 Nine Tail Laser EX: 4808% ÷ 18SP = 267
            Lv18 Nine Tail Laser EX: 5144% ÷ 18SP = 286 (x3, if you're using all CTC charges)

Lv13 Spectrum Ray EX: 4456% ÷ 15SP = 297
            Lv14 Spectrum Ray EX: 4902% ÷ 15SP = 327
            Lv15 Spectrum Ray EX: 5245% ÷ 15SP = 350 (x2 for Double Ray, since using Triple Ray requires Dark Nova activation, which can get you killed: Nova->RayExi->Ray->RayExi)

Yep, Lv18 Nine Tail Laser pretty much destroy any other WM skill except Laser Ray and Lv13 Laser Cutter (which requires all 25 hits: 12+1+12).

(If you're not satisfied, then just run either a DMG/CT or DMG/CD with the +2 values between the two skills or just pick which is more practical to use in general)
            Last edited by iCerulean; 10-30-2016, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X