Chaos Mage Training Golem Testing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Mage Training Golem Testing!

Recently I was asked to make a skill rotation video for Chaos Mage since there aren't a whole lot of video's out there for the class so here we go! Also I apologize for the low quality my pc kinda sucks. :')

First is the basic active rotation when not under Fast Forward buff.
    https://streamable.com/as951

So with Chaos Mage there isn't really an exact rotation to follow, as much as simply a skill priority to aim for. First you start with your buffs and debuffs and keep those active as much as possible, and then prioritize your skills in the order of Triple Orbs, then Gravity Blast, and last Gravity Well. You should be casting Triple Orbs as much as possible and before any other skill, and always following up with Gravity Blast right after when available. Gravity Well is your nuke skill and does solid burst damage but the damage to cooldown ratio is lower than your other two main skills so it should be prioritized third in your rotation. When all three skills are down your filler's are Comet, Black Hole, and Void Blast (VB currently is mistranslated as Dark Nova on NA), use these as you see fit, Comet is our best filler and then following is Void Blast and Black Hole which have an equal amount of usefulness. Also as you can tell in the video I always make sure to use Focus Gravity in the middle of the Triple Orbs Instant combo (right after gravity spark before you cast Triple Orbs) in order to help cut off the end delay of Focus Gravity's casting animation. This helps a lot when you consider how low the cooldown of Gravity Spark is and will make your combo's more consistent.

And second is the Fast Forward orb combo.
    https://streamable.com/gq0xo

The Fast Forward combo is a little bit more technical. You want to start off the same as a regular rotation, and once you finish the first Focus Gravity combo go into Fast Forward and start casting Triple Orbs continuously. To get the best damage out of your Triple Orbs combo you have to remember that Triple Orbs lasts 4 seconds, and the Orbs of Gravity passive lasts 5 seconds, so you have until 9 seconds after the first cast of Triple Orbs to get full damage out of your Focus Gravity (which you can see in the video I cast Focus Gravity when there was about 5-6 seconds left on Fast Forward). After the first cast of Focus Gravity you should then go back to casting Triple Orbs until the duration ends, follow up with Gravity Blast, and then when all of the Triple Orbs have finished cast Focus Gravity for the last time. Afterwards continue with the regular rotation priority.

As a side note for these two videos I was using my raid only skill build that doesn't have Force Mirror which means I lack that specific debuff while solo. For non-raid situations Force Mirror is very valuable so make sure to use it every time it comes up to maintain its debuff on the boss. Also for those interested here's the build used in the videos.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...00/unknown.png
    Last edited by Echelos; 03-24-2017, 05:38 AM.
    http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

Nice post
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
    Discord: Zallyn#0070

Comment

• Echelos
      Echelos commented
      Editing a comment
      ty tani bby. ♥-♥

Man, my damage by skills always has my triples at around 37-38% :/

Also, ik that focus damage is dependent on what skills are used to leave behind orbs, but is the orb dmg directly proportionate to the skill %? As an example if Gball does 100%, do the 3 orbs left behind also hit for a combined 300% when focus is cast? I still don't know jack shit about focus and its damage breakdown.
    Discord: Cleats#0717
    IGN: DontBeSalty

Comment

• Echelos
      Echelos commented
      Editing a comment
      alright so each skill leaves behind 3 orbs.

for triple orbs they have 100% board damage. without techs that would be 1455% per orb equaling 4365% in total per cast. also note that triple orbs ex adds 33% additional dmg causing the skill to do 400% the board dmg per cast, so focus gravity does about 75% of the damage from full hits of triple orbs with its cast.

triple orbs ex: 1455 x 4 = 5820%
      focus gravity: 1455 x 3 = 4365%
      both together: 5820 + 4365 = 10185%

gravity blast is a little more weird because each orb does like 143% board dmg per orb? when i do the math its like literally 142.847% so idk how they got their number. anyway its about 2837% per orb equaling about 8511% per cast. also for reference full hits on gravity blast is a little different because it has air hits of 15% board each and it hits between like 2-4 times before exploding for the rest of the hits but on average it'll mostly only hit 2 times before the explosion so we'll use that for the math. meaning its 30% from initial hits, 100% from explosion, and 40% from ex hits equaling 170% board in total.

gravity blast ex: 1986 x 1.7 = 3376%
      focus gravity: 2837 x 3 = 8511%
      both in total: 3376 + 8511 = 11888%
      Last edited by Echelos; 03-28-2017, 04:05 PM.

• Echelos
      Echelos commented
      Editing a comment
      CM BUFF IS OP here's the math on triple orbs after the recent change.

triple orbs ex: 2268 x 4 = 9072
      focus gravity: 2268 x 3 = 6804
      both together: 9072 + 6804 = 15876

with a cooldown crested gravity spark at 4.8 seconds (even without cdr from mana flow) this is a potential ability to deal almost 16000% dmg every 5 seconds.

in case anyone wanted to know. ♥
      Last edited by Echelos; 04-18-2017, 12:17 AM.

Originally posted by Echelos View Post
    Recently I was asked to make a skill rotation video for Chaos Mage since there aren't a whole lot of video's out there for the class so here we go! Also I apologize for the low quality my pc kinda sucks. :')

First is the basic active rotation when not under Fast Forward buff.
    https://streamable.com/as951

So with Chaos Mage there isn't really an exact rotation to follow, as much as simply a skill priority to aim for. First you start with your buffs and debuffs and keep those active as much as possible, and then prioritize your skills in the order of Triple Orbs, then Gravity Blast, and last Gravity Well. You should be casting Triple Orbs as much as possible and before any other skill, and always following up with Gravity Blast right after when available. Gravity Well is your nuke skill and does solid burst damage but the damage to cooldown ratio is lower than your other two main skills so it should be prioritized third in your rotation. When all three skills are down your filler's are Comet, Black Hole, and Void Blast (VB currently is mistranslated as Dark Nova on NA), use these as you see fit, Comet is our best filler and then following is Void Blast and Black Hole which have an equal amount of usefulness. Also as you can tell in the video I always make sure to use Focus Gravity in the middle of the Triple Orbs Instant combo (right after gravity spark before you cast Triple Orbs) in order to help cut off the end delay of Focus Gravity's casting animation. This helps a lot when you consider how low the cooldown of Gravity Spark is and will make your combo's more consistent.

And second is the Fast Forward orb combo.
    https://streamable.com/gq0xo

The Fast Forward combo is a little bit more technical. You want to start off the same as a regular rotation, and once you finish the first Focus Gravity combo go into Fast Forward and start casting Triple Orbs continuously. To get the best damage out of your Triple Orbs combo you have to remember that Triple Orbs lasts 4 seconds, and the Orbs of Gravity passive lasts 5 seconds, so you have until 9 seconds after the first cast of Triple Orbs to get full damage out of your Focus Gravity (which you can see in the video I cast Focus Gravity when there was about 5-6 seconds left on Fast Forward). After the first cast of Focus Gravity you should then go back to casting Triple Orbs until the duration ends, follow up with Gravity Blast, and then when all of the Triple Orbs have finished cast Focus Gravity for the last time. Afterwards continue with the regular rotation priority.

As a side note for these two videos I was using my raid only skill build that doesn't have Force Mirror which means I lack that specific debuff while solo. For non-raid situations Force Mirror is very valuable so make sure to use it every time it comes up to maintain its debuff on the boss. Also for those interested here's the build used in the videos.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...00/unknown.png
    Skill build for pvp?

Comment

Working...
X