Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post-awakening skill builds for Alchemist

Hello~

I am looking for post-awakening builds for Physician and Adept.

Please do share your builds!! I'd love to see them.
    im not on this account

Update: Here is a more recent build. I recommend this over the experimental one I describe in this post. For details on this, scroll down to Post #13 and #13.2 on this page.
    https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0--0

--

Old post:

For Adept, the build varies based on the patch. There's a tuning patch right after the initial Adept awakening patch that buffs Frosty Fist to a pretty usable state. While I haven't actually played on that patch, here's the experimental build I might look to do (feel free to modify as needed):

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/cdn...-0-00-----0--0

Again, note that this isn't intended for the patch of the awakening, but rather the tuning patch after.

Here are rationales for some of my decisions:
    Frosty Fist level 16
    . We will be spamming this with Volcano Punch as a primary means of bubble generation. The tuning patch brings the damage up again, to ~900%.
    (Experimentation) Coolant level 1. On the awakening patch, Coolant and Super Slop create an explosion dealing 3-3.5x Super Slop's board damage (based on patch) if the AOEs touch. The tick damage is also changed: rather than be consistent, Super Slop's damage will be packed mostly into its first tick, and Coolant its last tick. Since the bulk of Coolant's damage is in its last tick, and we'll usually be detonating it with Super Slop, it usually won't get to do much damage as the detonation prematurely ends both AOEs. I believe that an increase in Coolant's level will increase its early tick damage by a negligible amount, but I want to re-verify this on patch day to ensure it's safe to reduce it to level 1.
    Poison Pop level 16. 4k% by itself, but more with a Physician's Contagion EX.
    Toxic Spill level 0. I've heard word about the cancelling mechs becoming less of a thing. Instead, we'll be using this SP elsewhere.
    Toxic Surge level 0. No longer benefits from Contagion EX. It happened!
    (Experimentation) Chemical Cavorter level 0. Bubble usage increases after the awakening patch, but I think it'd be more beneficial to avoid speccing so many new skills to get this.
    (Personal) Injection level 1. I had 3 SP left over. This skill... uh, is interesting. Sure. (can also move it to Bubble Trouble or Derp-fredo if you'd like)
    (Personal) Toxic Twirl level 1. Just for utility.
    Last edited by MomoeNagisa; 01-02-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Kirino
      Kirino commented
      Editing a comment
      this is awesome, thank you so much!

Well injection chains into Sleep Escape, trust me it can be useful sometime
    You can also drop Poison Pop for other things if you want, maybe Slime Surge for more random Ice Stack, which is pretty valuable after they reduce debuff cap, as strong at the skill seems to be, you don't have the dark dmg and guarentee Contagen to maximize its damage.
    Maxing Coolant might also have its use from what I see it. Slop has quite a bit more cooldown than Coolant, 6 sec to be exact. I think it'd be awkward that you need to wait for the longer skill to finish its cooldown to throw the other, that kinda wastes the few seconds that you can take advantage of. Maybe with both maxed you can throw w/e is off cooldown and followed by the other one without the awkward wait, depend on the rotation I think you might even be able to fit an extra coolant in once in awhile.

Sad that they nerfed Elemental Flare, I was hyped for that skill. Are Adepts really that OP that they need to tone us down? =(
    Why do I stand up? To look down on you!

Comment

• MomoeNagisa
      MomoeNagisa commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a good point on Injection if you can cast it in time! I mainly use it as a last-resort measure for movement, idling, etc.

You (referring to thread OP or other Adepts working on a build!) can take Slime Surge if you want -- the random ice could be beneficial because everything's becoming more DPS-y. It might even end up more useful than Poison Pop for long DPS windows (IDN). But do note that it's hard to have both, assuming you're going 16 in Frosty Fist, which eats up a lot of SP.

Coolant's hard to argue now. I assume a majority of Coolants will be detonated with Super Slop, though -- I don't think it should be cast off cooldown because saving it for a detonation increases DPS more than spamming it.
      Last edited by MomoeNagisa; 10-20-2016, 10:35 AM.

• Benjix
      Benjix commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah just a thought maybe it'll be better for rotation, but again I never play the patch so I prolly dont know what Im talking about

Originally posted by MomoeNagisa View Post
    For Adept, the build varies based on the patch. There's a tuning patch right after the initial Adept awakening patch that buffs Frosty Fist to a pretty usable state. While I haven't actually played on that patch, here's the experimental build I might look to do (feel free to modify as needed):

Again, note that this isn't intended for the patch of the awakening, but rather the tuning patch after.
    Question. I'm guessing the 10SP from Slime is no longer worth the additional ice stack?

I like that adept build, though, probably going to use it if you can confirm 16 Frost Fist is worth it (over coolant and extra SP usages).

IGN: Serqet (Adept)

Comment

• MomoeNagisa
      MomoeNagisa commented
      Editing a comment
      Frosty Fist will likely contribute a lot on the tuning patch where it does 900% ice on a low CD (on the awakening patch, I believe it did reasonably less). Slime's value is actually greater since we got IDN -- before we got that, content (RDN, RDN HC, DDN) was bursted so fast we wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the Slime. Additionally, back then, it was easier to sync MM/GZ with Ice Beam (gameplay was more burst-oriented), so the Adept (at least) wouldn't need the extra ice. Nowadays, for IDN, it could definitely be a good skill to take if you can fit it into a build.

:d still looking for a phys build my dudes
    im not on this account

Comment

This is what I'm looking at:
      https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/kdn...-0-00-----0--0
      Let me know if you have any thoughts!

Comment

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/kdn...-0-00-----0--0

My tentative physician build. It's quite similar to alaraen's build. The main difference is that I give up bubble brain and drop vp to lvl 1 in favor of getting elemental enthusiast because I use vp + frosty fist a lot in my rotation for debuffing and bubble generation, so I'm used to the 4 bubbles that it generates. Also, bubble brain no longer gives int boost after awakening, and only .75% defense boost per bubble, so it's not a huge deal anymore imo.

Comment

• alaraen
          alaraen commented
          Editing a comment
          After awakening, I think there are enough physician things that use bubbles that there arent bubbles to spare on magma and GZ. Thats partly why, from these 4 skills, I would choose the ones that dont use bubbles.
          Last edited by alaraen; 10-26-2016, 07:43 PM.

• Kirino
          Kirino commented
          Editing a comment
          alaraen cool, thanks for that. i'm new to phys ^-^;

• Taco
          Taco commented
          Editing a comment
          Oops I realized that my skill build was set on "relaxed." Contagion needs to be at lv11 for awakennings. :<

so no more int per bubble? Nice more undeserved nerf to the alchemist race, though the 33-50% int gain from shake is nice but all it does now it make up for the loss from bubbles and we lose the agi and str gain, plus every class has a 50% stats passive now anyway
        Last edited by Benjix; 10-26-2016, 04:46 AM.

Comment

• Taco
          Taco commented
          Editing a comment
          Well both classes get pretty good passive buffs too. Fire/ice sync for alchs, class mastery 1+2 damage buffs for physician (15% total -> 31% total).

• GoodRiddance
          GoodRiddance commented
          Editing a comment
          wait did we really lose 33% agi? thats fucking stupid. We gained 7% int only and lost 33% agi in the long run. That's a shit ton of crit. Did we actually lose that much crit?

lets bump this, awakening hype!

Edit: MomoeNagisa here is a possibly potential variant I'm looking at (using your build up top).

Drop injector, drop frost hand to 6 still has 550% scaling, max coolant instead of frost fist. The rest of the SP can be put into frost fist if you already have hybrid build but I put into bubble for PvP, level 6 for dmg, 1 extra SP so lvl 7 still a decent dmg gap compared to 8.

Yay or nay?

btw. wtf was the point of awakening g0 just to nerf the range by 2m (was there any reason for this?) (and dmg by 100% somewhat understandable) I understand we would have been extremely strong but so what? So are crusader and dancer and any other class after awakening, overpowered. The range got me more than anything but yeah.
        Last edited by GoodRiddance; 12-19-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• MomoeNagisa
          MomoeNagisa commented
          Editing a comment
          This looks workable -- the level 1 Coolant was just a first-day experiment for me. Also, a high level in Bubble Trouble is actually recommended in PVE, where it increases the disable duration. As for Frosty Fist, ranking it up was more-so intended for the tuning patch after the awakening, so it's perfectly fine to keep it low for now. If we're getting just the awakening patch, I'd expect Frosty Fist level 6 to be somewhat weaker than the 550% that the skill sim is showing.

The Ground Zero damage nerf was weird, mainly because we got an "OP" skill (awakened Arctic Squish) that heavily overshadows the damage loss. It'd be much healthier to have a stronger Ground Zero and a weaker Arctic Squish -- and that will actually happen in the tuning patch.

I actually was not aware at all about a range nerf, but I don't think it will be a big deal as I remember the skill was still pretty massive (and you're going to be in close range to do lots of punching anyway).

As for DPS, I haven't been following Crusader/Dancer awakenings, so it's hard for me to comment on it. But Adepts do have a rather unique contribution to parties: Ice Beam. It lives in its own debuff layer and stacks multiplicatively with damage/ele debuffs, making it much stronger than a regular debuff (although for Adepts, it's short-lived). It also has several other interesting properties, such as crowd controlling monsters and allowing you to DPS through some invulnerable mechs (such as DDN scorp burrowing, RDN guardian spinning in a circle, IDN dragon finishing perimeters mech, and Feint from the Assassin skill tree). Apart from that, Adepts are also very fun and explosive ;D
          Last edited by MomoeNagisa; 12-19-2016, 03:56 PM.

Contagion must be maxed on Physicians side in order to gain Awakening skill. + 3 sp in Bubble brain is not a bad waste just think of the it as them moving the Intellect buff and adding it to Slime shake with+7%. As for the Phys/Mag damage taken being decreased to 0.75% per bubble instead of 1.5% it was not really changed at all because the MAX number of bubbles Alchemists can hold has been increased from 10 to 20. Just something to keep in mind.
        Also for everyone using the skill build simulator if you change the Location on the top right of the screen from Korean/Chinese to South East Asia you can read all of the Awakening info of the skills in English.
        2nd longest active member of BOOMPANES behind BOOM
        Guild Dinosaur
        Guild Veteran
        Guild OG

Comment

@ Good riddance,

I initially didn't factor in magma jump into my build because of their passive activation (messes with rotation) but decided to do it because of the extra (i-frame, bubble generation, 2 charges storing). Bubble generation and storage is gonna be a bitch due to the removal of bubble generation from cocktail and coolant and the new awakening skill (-9 bubbles) and poison pop (-5 bubbles) doesn't help especially in IDN where our buffs are constantly cleared. I'm still debating between slime surge + salve cause they really have a lot of utility, especially when i'm the only icestack and the team only has 1 healer.

Comment

• Benjix
            Benjix commented
            Editing a comment
            while I would consider getting Slime Surge, I would never go for Slime Salver cuz you waste 10SP in a skill that doesn't benefit much at all and you really can't afford that.

• Meow
            Meow commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeap I'm not planning to use it post-awakening

I've figured out a way to get slime back into the build, for the additional ice stacks.

Cocktail lvl 8-6 and frost fist down to 1.

Last edited by GoodRiddance; 12-24-2016, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Seems like we got the tuning patch after the awakening!! Patch notes TLDR: Frosty Fist got buffed, the fire skills got slightly buffed, Flare got nerfed, and Arctic Squish got a pretty hard nerf in both damage and hit count (it's about half of what it used to be, but still pretty good).

I've reset my skills a few times now and played no Poison Pop, no Elemental Flare, etc. in the battle training room. Here is my favorite build so far, if you'd like to try it:

About this build:

-Bubble consuming skills are Ult, Flare, GZ, MM, Slime Surge. I couldn't find the time to use both Poison Pop and Slime Surge.
            -Frosty Fist does trivial damage. It got my leftover SP (otherwise I'd leave it at 1).
            -Choosing Frosty Fist 9-11/Super Slop 6-8 to take 2 SP didn't make a difference. I went with Frosty, though (better in those cases the boss runs away).
            -Poison Pop does trivial damage. It doesn't get many casts either. I removed it and ranked up Toxic Twirl and Slime Surge instead. I found Twirl's DPS to be trivial as well -- but it's about the same as Poison Pop (higher if spammed), just it didn't consume bubbles. Slime Surge consumes bubbles in place of Poison Pop and is better for parties.
            -Coolant rank 1 + Super Slop does the same thing as Coolant rank 11 + Super Slop. The bonus ice damage is negligible when exploded (context: DPS is higher if you always hold Coolant for Super Slop).

The next build I'd like to try is taking 1 point in all the Physician skills to get their bubble passive (lowering Frosty Fist and Toxic Twirl). But I think that'd be better saved for when we get 20 bubbles.
            Last edited by MomoeNagisa; 12-22-2016, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• MomoeNagisa
              MomoeNagisa commented
              Editing a comment
              Oops small edit: 16 Frosty and 11 Twirl is better than the reverse

• MomoeNagisa
              MomoeNagisa commented
              Editing a comment
              I forgot to post, but here's another variation of my other build (so far I'm liking it better). The main difference between this and my previous build is that I reduced Twirl from 11 to 1 and got Chemical Cavorter. This reduces Toxic Twirl DPS, but that was already very trivial. The extra bubble generation from this allows you to get your main skills off quicker so they don't sit on cooldown for extended periods of time.  It also makes it easier to get Slime Surge off, as well as buff before a fight.

Last edited by MomoeNagisa; 01-02-2017, 10:29 PM.

I'm surprised how hard Ice Beam hits now, I'm averaging somewhere between 120-150 mil hit on solo and peaked at like 185mil once, and usually up on the top 1-3 on the DPS chart. Artic Squish isn't as high up there as I thought, all it does is block my screen which is kinda annoying actually
            Elemental FLAIR (not sure if intentional mispsell) is also up on the top dps list but I was trying to spam it as much as possible which doesn't seem very optimal right now due to bubble capacity being only 10, and the skill itself consuming 9, meaning casting it kinda delay the other skills a little bit, still a strong and beautiful skill though. Magma Monument is also quite a bit stronger than pre-awakening (about 1.5x stronger I estimate).
            Also trying to get used to using Magma Jump as often as I can to replace tumble most of the time since it more reliably cancel skills, does some damage and helps generate bubbles.

Comment

After a lot more running and testing and perfecting my rotation I'm still seeing Ice Beam on the 2nd top DPS list a lot of the time so maybe you can use lvup crest+tech necklace for Ice Beam now. Anyone has any thought on this?

Comment

• Benjix
                Benjix commented
                Editing a comment
                First off I would recommend just use the instant unless situation call for otherwise for if you crit you would get a really strong hit off
                For rotation since only 10 bubbles are available at the moment it'll be a little strict as supposed to 20, here is the basic
                2 punches -> Ice Beam inst -> Magma jump to cancel the little delay -> Gz or MM or Ult (w/e) ->2 punches -> bubble skill -> throw your 2 concoctions -> punches -> bubble skill ect...
                and you ask where Ele Flare fit into this, I recommend starting with it as your first bubble skill with your stocked up bubbles, then after every 2 punches you gain just enough bubble for 1 more 5 bubble skill, try to use Magma Jump for movement instead of tumble as much as possible. With all the extra bubbles you get from ice hand, cocktails and magma jump you should find yourself with enough to cast another Flare when it is available.

• alaraen
                alaraen commented
                Editing a comment
                On a side note, how do you see your skills DPS?

• Benjix
                Benjix commented
                Editing a comment
                Theres a damage calculator in the Menu (N for default)
            Working...
            X