Shooting Star NA builds (2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Star NA builds (2017)

Hello. i'm committing to fully gearing a Shooting Star/tinkerer, but i have some concerns over what sorta skill builds people are using atm?

i have searched around etc, but i think all of them were out of date :L
    for the moment i'm using this, but like i stated i'm totally unsure if there's anything i am missing out on in terms of Shooting Star metagame with regards to raids.

some advice about certain utility options a tinkerer should have on them as well as some advice on maybe some of her dps skills and point allocation towards those.

all comments welcome as there's not much to go off by lately on the interwebs in terms of guides that are easy to find.

Reason for gearing a AGL/Tinkerer:
    i'm not quitting sniper.. but i'm definitely upset about their current state since the guild base patch update. (windshaft/windshot/fully charged 10 arrow charge shot)

choosing Shooter Star bc... eh. coin flip?

Current skillbuild:
    https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0--0

Edit: nice. got all the info i was look for . ty to Chelly youtube and to Couplord :O
    big help.

For any other Shooting Star up and coming players i recommend the build he suggest which is just this
    https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...---00-----0--0

as for the detailed explanation of the 'why's, what and how's'
    see below in our discussion with some of my queries about the choices and skills and Couplords replies as well as a link to a Shooting Star play in SEA server who was in the team that Cleared Rune Dragon HC

o/

hope this helps anyone in need of a guideline and skillbuild as much as it helped me.
    Last edited by TheSomnangMao; 04-20-2017, 02:41 PM.
    Discord: TheSomnangMao#5374

Hello Mao!

I would highly recommend this build if you are trying to PVE!

To quickly go over some changes~

-Mechanic Mode to buff Alpedo ( Alfredo )
    -Ducks provide debuffs for Ice Dragon's Second Stage
    -Flash bang to recover from knock back.
    -Lock and Load and Superball is useless in 93 cap.
    -Alley Oop is useless for PVE awakening.
    -Slip and Slide to max level decreases duration.

Let me know if you have any questions for any skill point allocations, I am currently creating an ultimate class guide ( I was bored and I have mained every class over on DN EU, before I moved to NA... )
    So I can easily help!
    Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

-Subscribed to every forum section except Trades-

Discord: Couplord#5195
    NA IGN: SirCoup

Comment

• Chelly
      Chelly commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi all, in response to Flowbie, after buffing alfredo with MM , there is still 1 more step before you can throw Buster call/ drill, which is to proc Alfredo's Berzerker mode( Or piping hot alfredo in NA terms), giving alfredo an extra 40% damage and action speed.
      However meeting the conditions is pretty tough due to RNG and i feel that the developers did not code the auto AI well, so sometimes it will mess up.

• Fourth
      Fourth commented
      Editing a comment
      sorry for intruding.. Before, we pump lock n load to reduce its cooldown.
      but another thing about lock n load nowadays is that its EX version makes its cooldown to 12s. so level 1 would suffice CD-wise

• atom100
      atom100 commented
      Editing a comment
      after the revamped of reload where 1 reload = 5 bullets increasing the reload lvl don't reduce cd, so most ss players left reload at lv1. if you want to learn more on ss and gm nowadays you can refer to our old forum on academic section there is a pinned guide on engineers, it is still accessible.

Alternatives to the post above. Mainly taking machine gun for mechs.
    reduce MM mode by 3. loses 6% dmg for alfredo and SS ulti

reduce alfredo tank to lvl 2, 22.5% as oppose to 30%.

doing push mechs with tinks is annoying. Since you already have MM mind as well get the machine gun for mechs.

Comment

hi. SEA player here.from a deep hiatus.
      i was a shooting star before. and i just read the recent update, did i understood it correctly? 1 reload gains 5 bullets?
      tyty

Comment

Originally posted by Fourth View Post
        hi. SEA player here.from a deep hiatus.
        i was a shooting star before. and i just read the recent update, did i understood it correctly? 1 reload gains 5 bullets?
        tyty
        Click image for larger version

Name:	137dffad07.png
Views:	19
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	81971
        Discord: TheSomnangMao#5374

Comment

Originally posted by TheSomnangMao View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	137dffad07.png
Views:	19
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	81971
          it`s indeed true <3
          while SEA server isn`t ready yet, i`m torn between shooting star and ray mech </3

Comment

• TheSomnangMao
            TheSomnangMao commented
            Editing a comment
            SS takes a lot more work whereas Ray Mech does not need to try so hard to put out good DPS numbers

however SS is more ranged than the Ray Mech

Ray play can be risky for new user.
            SS much more friendly for your positioning.

i personally would prefer ranged class. that is just me though

it is very exciting though to witness the high damage when a Ray Mech does their skills though

• Fourth
            Fourth commented
            Editing a comment
            i had an SS before when PPB doesn't suck yet. that was the time when mechanic mode was bugged and hell yeah, splash is <3
            and now that a single reload gains 5 bullets, it`s a lot easier to deal damage. one boring thing i see with it is spam is SS's thing.
            however, Ray mech is really enticing. i bet tomorrow, as SEA server is back, lagendia will look more like a kindergarten university coz of Ray

Another question. about the alfredo ai, does he still sucks? i mean his movement as an AI
          Last edited by Fourth; 09-06-2017, 07:27 PM. Reason: EDIT: 1st question answered

Comment

Working...
          X