LK pvp help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LK pvp help

So i just started playing this game and hit 93 yesterday. Immediately i wanted to jump into pvp cus thats my main reason for playing. The only problem is im garbage. ppl keep chaining the hell out of me and i cant do shit about it. every now and then i can get a short combo off but i feel like im missing a lot. Does anyone have any sort of decent LK juggling/combo guide or some sort of reference to help me out? much appreciated.

USE YER NADO'S. I'm not much of a PvPer yet I usually go positive ratio in respawn thanks to using my nado's.
    IGN: LunarForce

Comment

im talking more of a 1 v 1 environment. i think i just need to memorize my melee abilities in orders to set up for my nado combos maybe? its tricky getting used to swapping action bars, i've never had to do that in an mmo before

Comment

Basically, as LK you win by hitting Crescent Cleave. You have lots of setup options for crescent cleave, mainly Eclipse Awkn now. A very basic combo for it is punch > sidekick > cleave.

Comment

Before you go stressing too much, make sure you know the pvp mechanics of the game. Know what skills leave the opponent in what hit state, learn the SA and SAb of your skills.

Also, grab a side kick crest for your combos. Apart from that there are a lot of people on YouTube you can watch, some videos I suggest for you are:
          - Aikawakazu's Swordmaster combos for Dummies
          - FieryMosa's 1v1 matches
          - Influenced Vs XenonWhite (on DN fonx's channel under the name "reupload cause who knew the channel dieded" or something)

And many more which I can get for you at another time, those are just the ones off the top of my head.
          Another thing to remember is that LK can be taken back to 40 cap SM play style a lot, so 40 cap SM pvp videos should do you good.

But above all, practice. Find a friend to 1v1, ask around to get someone to teach you etc etc

(if you're someone who doesn't learn too much from watching videos, follow these steps and take each video slowly to analyse it for the best outcome:
          - How does (X) start the fight? Does he start the fight differently each round? Does he stall for time before he starts? What's his distance from the opponent when he does start?

- When (X) is caught, how does (X) counter? Does he burn his evade and hope he gets out of the skill? What skills WON'T he evade in? Take note of the timing relevant of when he is hit by the enemy. Does he counter in the air or does he counter after he lands?

- What skills does (X) use in each situation? Does he prioritise dodging or tanking/countering? What skills does he only use in certain situations? What skills will he hold onto? What skills does he use to counter them?

That's about all I can think of at the moment but I'm going to add to this as I think of new things. Hope this sheds some light on what you could do to improve and feel free to pm me over the forums if ya need something)

Comment

• Cat Box
            Cat Box commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you very much. Your video references will be very helpful to me later(at work now) I've realized I was struggling with what you mentioned in your first paragraph about abilities and hit states. I'll be sure to look this over many times

• Ares
            Ares commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries! I'll leave another comment here when I've finished compiling a list of videos for you, internet is a bit limited at the moment is all.
        Working...
        X