Trying to figure out which Mercenary to Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to figure out which Mercenary to Play

I really like the concept behind both Destroyer and Barbarian. The problem is, Destroyer for some reason avoids Maelstrom Howl Awaken, and I don't like the concept of avoiding a skill that is designed for the class. It doesn't make any logical sense for me to avoid an enhancement/change to a skill that the creators of the game designed for us to use. So, I'm leaning towards Barbarian, but I really like using Dash Uppercut and Soccer Kick Combo. I really wish that we would get more SP... There's so many skills I like that are in my opinion useful, that I can't take because of an "ideal" PvE/PvP build. I really want a Hybrid that can do the best at both PvE and PvP, aka Maxed out PvE damage and mobility/speed for PvP. And it frustrates me that I can't get that.

1) Don't limit yourself because of the "ideal" build, make your build something that allows YOUR play style to shine. People who avoid Mael awaken are people who just prefer it prior to the changes.
    2) in terms of builds, a pure build will always have advantages but, so will a hybrid build, tinker around on some websites to get what you're after.
    3) Barbarian uses dash uppercut and soccer kick combo quite frequently, especially in PvP. (As does destroyer of course)
    4) The speed aspect of pvp won't come from your build, it'll come from lots of practice and experience. And your speed will be developed regardless of whether you choose barb or destro.

I personally suggest Barbarian, but at the same time you should give both of them a go eventually and make your decision on what to main then

tl;dr - I prefer barb, I play all warriors though. Fiddle around with the classes and builds to find something that suits you.

Comment

• Skiptrace
      Skiptrace commented
      Editing a comment
      The fuck does Dropkick add to a combo? If we are losing Crisis Howl points, then would https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0--0 be better for Hybrid? I lose 1 point in Health Bolster, and 2 in Attuned Mind to pick up 1 in all of the Destro skills except Calamity Crush. I didn't want to lose Dash Kick for the PvE utility.

• Ares
      Ares commented
      Editing a comment
      Without taunting howl in pvp you'll find yourself lacking, same with the destro skills being at level one.

Honestly with the SP restraints now, it's become very challenging to make a hybrid build that excels in both pve and pvp. It may be worth capping a second barb for pvp alone and making that one pure pve.

• Skiptrace
      Skiptrace commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm. I could do that. I'll probably make my first one for PvP since I have my Warden for PvE.
Working...
X