??:Dark Avenger Crests and Gems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??:Dark Avenger Crests and Gems

Ok not sure if there any folks use DA,But was wondering is it good going with destructive and brutal gems?And also for crests??Really im just asking what kin of crests and gems be good for the DA

You'll want to get Fire gems for weapons/rings and brutal everywhere else for gems (sealed in helmet eventually) for your 8 crest slots get Brutal, Destructive, Windswept, Fierce, Life-giving, Health, Offensive, and Ultimate/Limit/Focus for the last spot. Skill crests I don't know as much as I'd like to on what to get and I'm not going to guess atm so you'll have to wait for someone else.

Comment

Skill crests

Dark Anguish
      Fatal impact
      Dark Stinger or Graves Slash
      Vengeance Storm

After the buff that KDN recently got you can go with:

Fatal impact
      Dark Stinger or Graves Slash
      Vengeance Storm
      Doom Blade

You can have the option of having on 3 crest slots:

Dark Stinger or Graves Slash - (whichever you didn't pick for your 4 slot)
      Dark Anguish - (Reason for this on 3 slot and not 4 slot is the CD is crazy long, 35 iirc, and it's not always 100% guaranteed to get all blades to hit due to high moving bosses or miss timed use of the skill as well as it's a skill not affected by Nightmare mode. The other 4 mentioned above have much lower CD)

Both setups are all damage.
      IGN: Skroler
      Server: NA
      Discord: Joni #4220

Comment

Ty Guys ^.^

Comment

Do not get dark stinger plate, it's trash. Get graves instead, it's your top dps skill, or at least it should be until fatal impact buff comes. Personally I use death knell cd plate + unified cd for things like idn/"hard"er raids/nests because of the iframe + high damage. Can usually iframe things like energy and still do damage to them (idn mech second boss).

As of right now skill crests should be:
          Vengeance storm, Graves, Dark anguish, Fatal impact (all damage + cd on dark anguish)

After dark avenger buff it should be:
          Vengeance storm, Graves, Fatal impact, Doom blade (all damage)

Dark Avenger has a 40% fire attack buff, so you only need to get to 60% fire attack in town before you can stop using fire gems. Since all the cash shop items love giving elemental attack, you should be able to put on some destructive gems. Although, things like idn have ele resist so you may want to switch out your phys back to fire to go above that resistance (if thats even how it works #blamedepressionhegavemethisidea)

Sizuone#6969

Comment

Originally posted by Sizuone View Post
            Do not get dark stinger plate, it's trash. Get graves instead, it's your top dps skill, or at least it should be until fatal impact buff comes. Personally I use death knell cd plate + unified cd for things like idn/"hard"er raids/nests because of the iframe + high damage. Can usually iframe things like energy and still do damage to them (idn mech second boss).

As of right now skill crests should be:
            Vengeance storm, Graves, Dark anguish, Fatal impact (all damage + cd on dark anguish)

After dark avenger buff it should be:
            Vengeance storm, Graves, Fatal impact, Doom blade (all damage)

Dark Avenger has a 40% fire attack buff, so you only need to get to 60% fire attack in town before you can stop using fire gems. Since all the cash shop items love giving elemental attack, you should be able to put on some destructive gems. Although, things like idn have ele resist so you may want to switch out your phys back to fire to go above that resistance (if thats even how it works #blamedepressionhegavemethisidea)
            Even with stinger and graves plated, stinger still comes out on top in raids if you get into the habit of using all of the hits. Fatal currently is garbage even while plated and does far too little damage for how long it takes to full charge when graves and stinger will both output nearly double what fatal will even if you fatal off of cd

As far as elemental goes, even at 320k phys in town, 6100 fd, and 142% ele with the fire buff (using 4 fire gems), 4 fire and 3 fire + 1 destructive were comparable.
            2 fire, 1 fire, and all destructive were noticeably weaker setups

Comment

Do you have numbers to show this? I know fatal impact isn't the top #1 skill but it certainly gets up there, and it is by far the safest move you can use + aoe (for something like idn first boss kill all the babies before they get to the safe zone). I've tried plating dark stinger, and right now it just doesn't compare to plating fatal impact. Maybe it's playstyle

I'm sorry but again numbers? Elemental caps at 100% you know

Edit: just tested damage on golem and destructive vs fire was basically same so......................I know nothing anymore send help
              Last edited by Sizuone; 04-02-2017, 09:46 PM.

Sizuone#6969

Comment

Originally posted by Sizuone View Post
                Do you have numbers to show this? I know fatal impact isn't the top #1 skill but it certainly gets up there, and it is by far the safest move you can use + aoe (for something like idn first boss kill all the babies before they get to the safe zone). I've tried plating dark stinger, and right now it just doesn't compare to plating fatal impact. Maybe it's playstyle

I'm sorry but again numbers? Elemental caps at 100% you know

Edit: just tested damage on golem and destructive vs fire was basically same so......................I know nothing anymore send help

old sses of dmg spread right after transfer. golem is too short of a test to see differences between relatively small changes or long cd skills. graves and stinger often traded places on the top 10 and the few times I tried spamming fatal off of cd even with it plated, it never went beyond 5% of total. sure, you can prioritize it and get it a little higher on the chart but time investment vs output, graves, stinger, vengeance, and anguish are all higher priority. more fatal results in less of the other skills because of how long the skill takes to use effectively

theres no hard cap on ele % either, its just often not wise to go beyond it because of diminishing returns on stacking it that heavily. if it was capped you wouldn't gain any benefit from the fire buff at all if you were at 100% prebuff but it still applies

Comment

Well, everything I know is a lie. Apologies for being uninformed, always thought there was a ele cap. I still dunno about fatal impact vs dark stinger, from the screenshots it kinda seems like you just dont use it as much? Like you said time investment, etc, I saw yesterday you could definitely play graves/dark stinger spam and I guess that's what it comes down to, so up to the user but I can see how dark stinger might be a better plate in the end

Sizuone#6969

Comment

Awesome plate advice. Anyone got links to skill build?

Comment

Working...
                    X