Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be careful on this guy..

GM never ask your Password.

Send me that person's profile, we don't ask for your information to get issues resolved.
    Last edited by [GM] LIME; 12-19-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by [GM] LIME View Post
      Send me that person's profile, we don't ask for your information to get issues resolved.
      I dug through the member list for his profile out of boredom, it was on page 9 or so I believe, with the '#' filter.

http://forum.dragonnest.com/member/14859-gm-llme

Comment

This is an unfortunate side effect of the registration process enabling full-on Unicode.

These are both of your names put through a Unicode analyzer.

(Fake) http://www.fontspace.com/unicode/ana...=%5BGM%5D+LlME
        (Real) http://www.fontspace.com/unicode/ana...=%5BGM%5D+LIME

The impersonator basically used a lowercase 'L' in place of the 'I'.

I should also note that there are at least 8 other combinations of characters (off the top of my head) a future impersonator can use in order to register, utilizing a different character set. I can send you these via PM in case you want to blacklist said names from future registration.
        Last edited by Riugа; 12-20-2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Hello Jhes and Riuga,

Thanks for reporting! The user has been permanently banned.

Heroes, Eyedentity Games employee or GMs does not require your password or any your personal information. Do please not hesitate to inform the impersonator.

Many thanks!

Best,
          GM Nest

Comment

I'm...I'm just gonna throw this out there. It's just something that should be pointed out for later caution.

I looked at that post, and without even having to look at the actual GM Lime's account, I could already see a couple dead giveaways that the post was a fake (besides the obvious request for account info):

1) The join date. Lime wasn't here day 1 of the transfer, but (s)he definitely didn't wait until Dec 2017 to make his/her presence know on the forum. Any "[GM] LIME" account with a join date that's the current month is definitely fake. Same with any other "GM" account that mimics a pre-existing GM name, and any new "GM" that isn't officially introduced in some way.

2) Post count. Lime doesn't respond often, but his/her post count definitely isn't 0/1, and neither is any other GM's. Any "GM" account that shows otherwise is mostly likely a fake. Unless it's a new official GM introducing themselves (and even then, they won't ask for personal account info).

3) Account tag. Possibly the biggest one here. The GMs are very clearly labeled with a tag proving their status (same spot where most of us regular players have [NA] or [SEA] based on our region/server). The lack of this tag on an impersonator's account should definitely raise a red flag if you're unsure of whether or not they're a GM.
            Last edited by BowieSage; 12-21-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X