not good handling about BHT bug D:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not good handling about BHT bug D:

i clear 3 times, so 7 days ban for me, that's a bit pain D: but fine, I wanna talk about the way ED's solution more. Clear BHT more than 2times=abuser, that's too harsh. I tried one clear to see if it really drops rare stone, and I confirmed 3 stones a run. I keep going and talked about this with my BHT team members, some of them ain't sure if this is a bug, like ED ever said remove BHT, but it turn out we get 31 runs each week and not sure if ED would remove it, so normal people first reaction is most likely go grind, that's what I did. When I realized this rare stone bug is more seriously and decided to quit, I cleared 3 runs already. It's hard tell if someone did it with bad intention, maybe they just don't realize the problem and keep grinding in the case that there is no server rolling back. But ED just banned all, I don't think this is a proper action as they mentioned in notice.

And look at this
    "If there is a difference between acquired gold from abusing and remaining gold on the abuser account, we will give more sanction to the account regarding to the balance. (Will get 1 day more account ban sanction per 10,000 Gold)

- If an abuser already used up acquired 100,000 Gold from abusing, he will get 10 days more account ban sanction.

- Rarestone and Gold from abusing Rarestone has been removed from the accounts."

so...they can't trace the gold?? If they can, why not just trace it and remove the gold earned by selling rare stone? they add banning time, 1 more day for each 10k. If I understand this right, it means ED know how many stones u get and sell, but they only can remove the gold from the abusing account, if u transferred gold somehow, they aren't able to remove it. If so, then longer banning doesn't solve the problem, some people still get their illegal gold, and there is other ways like selling through MP without clear BHT and other ways as mentioned by other posts. They can't avoid all illegal and unfair things with such solution with holes. I also feel players paid for ED's mistake, if u say that is the abuse, no matter u know or not, u just did it, but it's ED lead to this. They dig the hole with gold in it, and most of us will fall.

I actually feel like this was one of the worst ways to even deal with the issue. The economy still got destroyed. People who shoved their gold into guild storage or an alt account keep all their gold and just have to wait out bans. People who never ran BHT but sold stuff at the inflated prices just got money pumped into their account and never got banned. People like me who were unable or unwilling to play because they had hoped that ED would have done the only logical thing and rolled back the server will stay with diminutive gold levels compared to the average. And with such a tiny community, thanks to these bans, there's no one to play with anymore.

I hope you don't think this was the best way to fix this issue, the compensation is sweet and all but at the end of the day, we're still all sitting on a sinking ship. People who ran BHT 31 times on 20 characters and put the gold into a private guild walk out with almost MAX gold on an alt account and a 500% exp boost to start a fresh account while their old one waits out a couple months or weeks of bans. People who ran BHT for speara and somehow got rarestones are banned because they abused a bug they didn't know existed. People who bought ET jellies and sold them keep millions of Gold! This fixed nothing!!!

If any ED employee sees this, I just want to say (as unimportant as I am) that I have never been more disappointed with a game producer like I am with EyeDentity at this moment. (And I say this remembering No Man's Sky ®.)

Sorry to zw331774, k***, CoupDeMo**** and all the other banned rays of sunshine of DN.

[Also why in the world did you just shove the names of all abusers out there, the community is too small to hide people using asterisks]

[Another side-note in case you didn't notice ED: DN isn't as famous a game as it used to be, the community stuck together because we love the game and we love each other. Every single time there is a ban wave for seemingly unjust reasons or for things that were un-enforced or unknown to the game public, not only do the banned people quit, but so do their friends, guild-mates, family, and followers. With a small community like this, the strong and geared players are followed closely by their fans and their bans just dishearten. People who survived the gold-buying wave might've gotten hit again and so far many people, both innocent and guilty, have already decided to uninstall Dragon Nest. Your game is dying and I think you just pulled out the life support with this one. Thank you.]

Comment

I doubt ED had any deep thinking about this solution, there is a post right after urgent maintenance says those who grind BHT are abusers, should be punished. ED replied in that post, perhaps ED think this guy has a good point, but the case is not that simple. If they just want to solve this issue quickly, and end up to this banning, I just wanna say think more or u just make bad decision so easily.

Comment

Raise your hand if u didn't even open your boxes from BHT. >_</
        got banned anyways

Comment

"so...they can't trace the gold?? If they can, why not just trace it and remove the gold earned by selling rare stone"

Because that gold has already swapped hands to other players, many of which are legitimate and didn't do anything and as so to not punish them, they punish the farmers. as they should

Comment

they actually can't given that people who bought gold on alt accounts and mailed it to their main were never banned

Comment

Working...
            X