Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriousness on the BHT issue (#inb4forumlock/ban)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriousness on the BHT issue (#inb4forumlock/ban)

This is probably the start of the death of Dragon Nest North America, a good game made back in 2010, having its ups and downs, and until now, its been fluctuating in the player base. But what i don't understand is the patch that was supposed to make things easier for everyone and be fair not only to P2W but F2P players now was completely destroyed by one careless mistake of a certain area, or honestly everyone thought. Here me out when i say this, my gut feeling says something was way off:

The gold goblin patch for being rare to get the entry pass but give the same amount of fairness to everyone could help new and F2P players make gold and catch up to the P2W ones.
    The conversion of equipment made it easier for people to upgrade to get prepared for harder content.
    The board game event, a good concept to make things easier and cure some boredom in game was on the first hours not working.

What happened instead:
    Again, the board game event was bugged, first hrs post patch.
    Prices made conversions so much more difficult due to the unbalanced economy.
    BHT made this so far from worse and they didn't do something til around 12-15hrs later, which was plenty to destroy the economy.
    The goblin coins havent dropped often and ive seen only like 10-20 people that got 1 coin, ONE!
    The compensation for other past problems were just plain awful or a slap in the face and this one seeming generous was even more of a wrong move.
    Instead of #RollbackorRiot, we got bans and undetected problems on accounts that abused this and people who had no idea until it was too late got banned anyway.
    The content of past caps is being refreshed, but not any better unlike other servers.
    P2W players are spending money to barely get something in return.
    F2P players are losing hope and can't catch up.
    And to top it all off, SEA, KDN,and the others see no problems with their stuff, other than the SEA bot problem, which is understandable, and for NA, still have a huge bot problem.

This adds up to say that this "accident" doesnt seem at all to all add up to be an "accident"
    This game is suffering in the NA server, EU has been dead for a while, and multiple servers have been shutdown, while the main line ones keep getting good content each patch.

I honestly don't think this was an accident, and for those of you who know about the EA incident with Battlefront 2, this could be on par to that kind of problem.
    People are now broke or their gold is worthless, but its been the same message, we will continue to support.
    ED took over Nexon's role because Nexon was failing, well Nexon's "failures" are nothing to its own developers problems.
    Plus for ED, all of you, if the server is shutdown, there is enough to get a riot of lawsuits going and you could all lose your jobs by someone making this horrible mistake.
    ED loses jobs, they lose money, they lose money, it catches up to the KR gaming economic value, then that goes to KR govt, that spreads to global economy and causes more debt that is unnecessary.
    Its all a butterfly effect. Eventually, it could put even the best developers and publishers of gaming companies under fire and thus putting more jobs at stake that are already having problems being stable.
    This game dying could eventually make new problems for the gaming industry on a whole, because stuff like this, leaks other problems of other games that are so called "accidents" and then the gaming industry is in trouble.

This may seem like some of it paranoia, but in terms, what im trying to say, this points a lot of clues of maybe they losing money from NA server being open and they chose on purpose the wrong way to get the message across.
    They could also affect other games not only in KR but in other countries too if this is put to public and causes enough controversy.

Be warned, its not only the end of Dragon Nest NA itself, but could be the problem of future gaming as we know it, so don't grow too comfortable with your favorite games, who knows whats hiding under them.

Okay, in hindsight, that does make sense. You really think they are doing that? Why not just close the game though? Why stir up so much trouble? Ugh...each change has been a disaster and it would suck to go from 24 cap and many years to not having a game at all. Maybe it's time we all move on then :'( This sucks...
    DoctorRogue #9233
    DaMuffins ~ Muffins ~ Unstable
    Spreading Love One PVP Day At A Time

Comment

• SSVK
      SSVK commented
      Editing a comment
      I know Doc, its sad, but it seems off that the things meant for the patch were broken in the first place, and this randomly happened just after post patch, i thought, coding error maybe at first, but when i started to think comparing to everything else in the past, that couldn't be the reaility, it doesn't make sense but if they can save money by draining more before they do, because people will buy still til the end, they will do it in the worst possible way, thus making corporate greed at its finest.

its 7 days wait or die
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who guards the guardians?

Comment

But banning top players? I am so glad I did nothing yesterday or I would be on that ban last - for anything over 2 runs >.< This is absolutely insane. Each group that handles DN seems to be worse than the previous group. This is a nightmare. I can't imagine a life without half of the muffins screaming at PVP SS, fix it
      DoctorRogue #9233
      DaMuffins ~ Muffins ~ Unstable
      Spreading Love One PVP Day At A Time

Comment

Working...
      X