I have a great idea that never is going to happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a great idea that never is going to happen

Instead of deleting the gold that banned people grinded like madman, collect all the gold and distribute it as a reward in the next events to the winners, events like time attack, pvp tournaments, etc.

Otherwise, the gold seller and the bot will return to the server (i dont know if anyone noticed but after people realized or found out this method of getting gold until the emergency maint i didnt saw many bots or seller using birds, i could count them with the finger of my hand the amount of bots/sellers using blue birds, just saying, for a brief moment we killed them)
    Last edited by Noctaelius; 01-12-2018, 05:48 PM.
    it is not like money can't buy happiness, it is that money can't cure saltiness

For a brief moment you also killed the economy and the game.

You think the game is dead now? If ED hadn't put a stop to that last night, there wouldn't be a game to come back to on Monday.

You guys did this. I don't know how or why this is hard to understand.

Comment

yes we updated the game ourselves and made a stupid mistake on adding rare stones as a 100% drop rate from the pouches, sorry.
      Legendary Sexy Raven

Comment

Seriously, that's your argument?

Do you not have any restraint? I was online and didn't run it. As soon as I seen it I knew it was an error and wouldn't stand.

Why's everything always up to ED? Is there ever a point where a player is responsible for anything?

Comment

sorry i forgot we can time travel and we knew that we were gonna get banned and that they werent gonna roll back like they should have.
          Legendary Sexy Raven

Comment

A white knight in shining armor!

Comment

Why wouldn't you be banned? You broke the ToS openly and repeatedly...

What a stupid time to do it as well. Did you not think they'd know?

Comment

Originally posted by Zengeroff View Post
                For a brief moment you also killed the economy and the game.

You think the game is dead now? If ED hadn't put a stop to that last night, there wouldn't be a game to come back to on Monday.

You guys did this. I don't know how or why this is hard to understand.
                I can't tell if you're an elaborate troll, but i'll bite. I'll try to explain it step by step for you, since you keep posting that you're confused as to why everyone else is upset.

This post is only going to explain the economical impact and not whether or not people should be banned.

Rough Timeline of the event
                • ED Implements a patch
                • People log in, run old content(BHT) and notice it rewards a pouch which states 3x rare stones inside.
                • People check the amount of attempts they have for BHT (0/31)... seems to be unchanged, but rewards are insane.
                • It's posted to the forums, and all over world chat.
                • People buy up all items on the auction house for pre-patch prices and repost for higher prices because of the influx of gold.
                • You now have massive amounts of gold acquired by this event circulating in the economy(that you think is now fixed).
                • Some people launder their money through the various systems available (mail/trading/crafting/auction house/deleting characters)
                • Everyone at this point is expecting a rollback, because there is no way a developer would allow this amount of unintended gold to remain in their game.
                • 12 hours go by without any communication from ED
                • ED takes servers down to assess the situation
                • ED decides to remove gold from accounts that ran BHT more than 2 times.
                • ED does not delete/revert items/gold generated that were removed from the accounts

Items and gold generated that have moved from these accounts remain circulating as we speak. There are very few gold sinks in this game, which means the currency will keep circulating without being destroyed.

A practical example if you're still confused.

Player A runs BHT and obtains 300k gold. Player B runs BHT twice and stops. Player C never runs BHT.
                • Player A buys Player B's items for 100k.
                • Player B now has 100k originally generated by Player A.
                • Player B now buys Player C's items for 50k.
                • ED Bans Player A for spending/generating gold.
                • Player B is left untouched with all the profits of his sales.
                • Player C is left untouched with all the profits from his sales.

Hope this helps you understand why ED needed to rollback the server, but I suspect that they are incapable of doing so, which leaves them with very little options to remedy the situation.
                Last edited by pbandj; 01-12-2018, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Zengeroff
                  Zengeroff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't disagree that it's a clusterfuck all the way around. I just don't see the grievance of the players who did this willingly. I'm not saying that shit isn't gonna come down the pipe and hurt other legit players but they can blame that on the players who tanked the economy to begin with.

• pbandj
                  pbandj commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You're too hyper focused on people being upset they are banned and missing the most obvious point.

The players retroactively cannot fix this, but the developers can. ED is choosing not to fix the economy currently, and seem to be content with having a busted economy. It's an embarrassment of a solution they implemented.

• Zengeroff
                  Zengeroff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't agree with how it all was handled either but the amount of "dindu" around here at the moment is sickening.

Players shouldn't retroactively have to do anything. They shouldn't have done it in the first place. There's no way that people didn't know what they were doing. Perhaps a few people really didn't know and got swept up in it all and thats absolutely terrible that they got caught up in it all but many players did this viciously and maliciously to break the economy for their benefit. That's whom I'm referring to.
                  Last edited by Zengeroff; 01-12-2018, 07:14 PM.
              Working...
              X