Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did some people get to keep their gold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did some people get to keep their gold?

I feel like this needs to be handled... I did 3 runs of bht and got to keep the 50k i made from it.
    Some other are keeping over a million gold.

what happened to wiping gold on banned accounts? the economy will just die...
    ~Brad~~Hikari~

lmao First person to complain of course
    Legendary Sexy Raven

Comment

They took the gold I had b4 the bug .

Comment

I checked yesterday, and the price of spaera were 30g-40g, now they are back to 190g.

Comment

EU > NA boys, time to jump ship.

Eyedentity handled this poorly, not only did they refuse to roll back, they also screw up their scripts and randomly wipe people and leave gold on others.

Economy's gonna die hard af tbh
          Guild Master of FluffyTail
          Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

Some guy has 1.8 million gold
            Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Where that Zenger guy I'm sure he have some insightful stuff to tell us right now.

Comment

• Zengeroff
                Zengeroff commented
                Editing a comment
                Why so salty?

I haven't done anything except point out basic information.

• ZeroZX
                ZeroZX commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not salty at all I just wanna hear your praise and worthwhile information about this forum post.

• Zengeroff
                Zengeroff commented
                Editing a comment
                If you thought that's what happened last time, you're mistaken.

Dn is Alive.

IGN`S: RoryMercury / Rory / Emilia

Discord: Rory#1786

Comment

• pinocallada
                pinocallada commented
                Editing a comment
                i want to believe

Can we at least get the people who mailed/guild storage rarestones perma banned?

Comment

its ED epy , too lazy to track it. What do you expect

Comment

• Valor
                  Valor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  meme theif
                  you do not know da wae

Originally posted by pinocallada View Post
                I feel like this needs to be handled... I did 3 runs of bht and got to keep the 50k i made from it.
                Some other are keeping over a million gold.

what happened to wiping gold on banned accounts? the economy will just die...
                Compile a list of all the players you believe still have the gold from the bug then send in a support ticket.

It's pretty redundant to complain about players still having their gold and ED not doing a good job at it when you yourself could be part of the solution and report it.

Comment

• Zengeroff
                  Zengeroff commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Absolutely.

Be the change you want to see.

• SkitzoRoy
                  SkitzoRoy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understand what you're saying man. If one sees someone abusing something in game, they should report it, etc. But this isn't that. This is ED telling the playerbase "we're gonna fix something", doing a poor job, and then announcing "we've fixed the issue". Complaining about a job poorly done is normal in these kind of circumstances. The players have a bunch of negative feelings over this. They complain to give voice to how bad of a job ED did. If the players didn't complain, why would ED ever think to not screw up? (though ED doesn't really listen much anyways).

Also, a couple players did report the bug. I personally don't give ED much crap about not seeing or finding the bug right away. Mistakes happen (frequently with ED, but still). My issue and point is, ED has done a poor job at *handling* and *responding* to the result of the bug. Players are not supposed to fix the game and do damage control, besides possibly reporting.

I'm sorry but I think you just see complaining as writing in a diary or something. Complaining is bringing a problem to their attention. If the players have to clean up ED's mess every time, they won't bother trying to not leave a mess. Not to mention, the quote you were replying to was just asking why ED didn't do what they said they were going to do. It's hardly a complaint. I think your time would be better spent on the posts that are a bit more... aggressive towards ED.. but anyways.

To end this, don't get me wrong. I believe its morally right to report the players who still have the abused gold; however, I don't think that's going to happen for a couple of reasons. 1. They probably only know if their friends made off w/ gold and they wouldn't want to report their friend. 2. ED's support system isn't the greatest. 3. They'd rather play the game and not bother with the process of reporting people. So, since reporting isn't going to happen (at least, not on the scale we would need it to), I say, let them complain without the sass of others who (I'm assuming) aren't really effected by this.

• cleftobismalz
                  cleftobismalz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  On the contrary, there has been mass bullying and a heck load of inconveniences in game caused by the very people who complained. But that's irrelevant to why I decided to post on this thread instead of the others. Let's just say I sense this thread has a little more sensible players who are willing to not just speak but listen versus the more "aggressive" ones.

ED has been doing a good job in my book, for what it's worth. The first initiative was clearly a band aid and was not meant to be a "here is a solution now don't expect anything else". The second step forward worked really well to allow ED more time to investigate the accounts and to work towards the future. It's not easy for the skeleton crew of the GM staff they have to handle this, answer support tickets/emails, and whatever the rest of their daily duties are. The economy will continue to fluctuate then stabilize on the long run. Provided we as a player-base continue to make good decisions since the state of the market IS based on our choices.

As far as others not wanting to snitch out their friends. You can happily get them to sink their gold VIA npc rebuying. That or have them send in a support ticket to get it drained.

While the BHT bug was unfortunate, I would say the players are more at fault than ED for this mess. Everyone has the misconception to think Testing everything in the game is that simple. I don't even recall BHT changes being part of the plan in the patch, I would give them the benefit of the doubt that this would definitely be an over site they couldn't of foreseen. Even if it was, the GM team are constantly testing in game and the patches to the best of their ability. If you wanna know what is the most expensive cost of keeping a MMO up it's Payroll. I wouldn't be surprised if in reality it's just a team of 2-3 handling the NA server while handling other projects. Most would say "But we should have a test server then!". That's something you have to ask ED about. It's easier said than done.
              Working...
              X