The game direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The game direction

The game is so gear dependent because theres not as much "casual content" as the past. My friend complained about this and I agree.

Equalized modes like:
    Chaos RIft/Jealous Atrium/Dark Banquet
    Rumble Mode, Protect, domination, other forms of group pvp besides respawn and FFA

Semi-Equalized:
    Ladder
    Guild Rumble

And standard PVE had a whole spectrum of difficulties to suit your time commitment and gear level:
    - Solo nests
    - dailies/dungeon grinding (you had easy mode 8-town grinding where you completed infinite quests for gold, and harder ABYSS/CHAOS mode that dropped important mats like gem cores, it was fair because these modes were basically as hard as HC NESTS if you weren't geared)
    - 4-man nests
    -2 man Dragon Expedition (when it's just you and a friend, skill/exp somewhat required)
    -Dark Banquet HC (same as above)
    -6-man Trial Nests (when you cant be bothered finding 8 men but still want the group teamwork experience)

Progression:
    -Solo nest achievements
    -The Achievement Point shop which gave incentive to actually... achieve stuff
    -Party achievements
    -Guild Achievements

Game design is too focused on gear and "DMG rewards" rather than taking advantage of DN's game mechanics.

Current equalized content is too easy (hero's battlefield, treasure dungeon actually used to kill you if you weren't careful)

The fact that GDN Time Attack was designed with such absurd requirements shows this. Sure, you can get a party together, then what? Do you spend all your time grinding for gear instead of practicing the raid, or spend your time practicing the raid instead of gearing? Yes, there is a correlation between dedication/expertise and gear, but its not as important as it seems.

Game hasnt always been perfect. 80 cap had massive discrimination and party comp restrictions. 90 cap t5 revamp was almost great, except they deleted all the old content that built this game over the years and made ladder irrelevant, and reduced the number of orange pvp rooms. At least Daidalos nest was cool. The only good thing about T5 was the debuff stacking system, it was unique enough, warranted party comp an important consideration AND it meant that most of your damage was dependent on Party Play, not how fat your wallet is and this "ME ME MY DPS" attitude that is universally adopted.

It was very disappointing to hear they removed Debuff Stacking in 93 cap and introduced more OP costume at the same time. I ate it up. I hated the message i was sending.

You can see how despite the cool awakenings, 93 cap was very lackluster.
    - Rune Dragon Abyss had 1/10th the HP of HC and a 40 min timer. This is completely opposite of the traditional raid 60 min HC timer, and normal having 1/2 the HP of HC. Where is the intermediate raid between nests and HC? Yeah, thats what abyss was supposed to be. Instead, RUDN abyss had LESS HP than IDN Abyss. This says a lot about the gear gap and/or intentions of the devs.

- Pandered Abyss to super casual to the point where clearing it in 30 min is not an indicator of whether you can attempt HC - Make the timer 40 min so you actually need enough dps to skip mechanics than actually do mechanics.
    - AND​ of course, add pointless difficulty by introducing COMPLETELY NEW mechs in HC that you cannot practice in Abyss. Im not talking about the typical "hc debuffs more and has 3 differences," im actually talking about hc-exclusive mechs that are completely new, and there's 7 HC Exclusive MECHS in RuneHC. Ridiculous.

Old dungeons had "hot-time" achievements that randomly appeared and you could get some extra gold, mats, or even titles.
    I suspect the gold goblin dungeon, jelly dungeon, and slayer mode are supposed to give the randomization that players crave, because people LOVE small unexpected random events that make the game engaging. This is good.

TBH as a vet I'm still waiting to see the features of the game RETURNED. The features that encourage running content (achievements), encourage partying (achievements, debuff stacking), fill the gaps in playerbase playtime and commitment (varying difficulties of dungeons; 6-man = entry level raid, equalized content). These aren't even new features. They already exist in the game's coding. Seriously.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Who guards the guardians?

Jelly dungeon?

Tell us more. Is that gonna be a thing? That'd be awesome.

Comment

• Mimii
      Mimii commented
      Editing a comment
      The Jelly thing is just like the Golden Goblin stage. You get the entry ticket and then you get jellies instead of gold
      This is the best translation of it: http://blog.divinitor.com/blog/2017/...le-jelly-jelly

• Axxon
      Axxon commented
      Editing a comment
      Google Divinitor Blog

''Jelly Nest'' (BAsically Golen Goblin nest for jellies) is in patch 95.8. We are at 95.5 right now... so expect it in April

95.6 (February) : Lencea awakening + Dark Banquet for All

95.7 (March) : Bleed Phantom + Mist Nest (x1 clear a week for each difficulty only tho), Effets transparency getting better

95.8 (April) : GDN nest, Jelly Nest + Tons of small changes

95.9 (May) : Machina Awakening, Cerberus for NEW PEOPLE at 95 (not retroactive) and another ton of small changes

While I understand your complaint and respect your opinion, I don't think the "problems" you pointed out merit any changes to the game as it is now.

Comment

I feel ya OP, most here don't or won't know what you're talking about let alone care about the degrading quality of dragon nest. Which goes to show you that the people that currently play this game are also partly responsible for the way things are now, businesses tailor their products to their preferred customer. ED is doing it this way cuz there's a lot of idiots who play this game to pad their egos.

The game is a former shell of its greatness, the shrinking population shows this but idiots live in blissful ignorance and cannot be persuaded otherwise.

Good luck OP, I finally gave up on this game myself. 70 cap vet, 3+ years in this game... man I miss 70 cap

o/

Comment

I noticed that as well, which is one of the reasons I quit playing. Sure I'll check out new character when it arrives. But I'm quickly reminded that this game is gear based and leave shortly after being reminded. Seeing the game as it was a few months ago, doesn't give me hope for it. Well I quit for that reason and all the people I knew stopped talking to me. But that's tmi.
        Last edited by Tease; 01-27-2018, 09:26 PM.
        I login every once and a while.

Comment

Working...
        X