Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's reflect... what did Nexon do wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's reflect... what did Nexon do wrong?

Discuss. Hopefully ED can learn from Nexon's mistakes.

Most of our complaints never really got heard with Nexon as it had to go through them to Eyedentity for anything to happen.

Hopefully here we have a more direct line of communication.
    Guild Master of FluffyTail
    Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

Lack of communication, lack of costumer support, lack of bug fix, lack of stable server, too many rollbacks, incompetent staff, list goes on..
      Last edited by LunarForce; 09-23-2016, 07:25 PM. Reason: sig fix
      IGN: LunarForce

Comment

Community involvement(The GM's didnt know how to play after how long they had to learn ?? =_=). Not many events throughout the years besides P2W deals. These 2 are probably my top 2 pet peeves from them.

Comment

The list is pretty long honestly.
          My biggest complaint would be: Lack of communication. Gosh it would have been nice if they even said something simple like "We hear you, but we don't care."
          IGN(s): Arcadia, Ray Mech (Main)
          Briala, Tempest
          Mijirn, Physician

Comment

They didnt give enough free stuff. Cash shop was by far the worst. Neglected the community. Events were terrible. Shared servers with maple. They had gonorrhea.

Comment

they did the everything wrong

Comment

What did nexon do wrong? IP Block. thats all i have to say.

Kappa This Attach problem dont let me upload Images.

Comment

Nexon's cash shop for Dragon Nest was horrifyingly limited. If you missed a sale for an outfit, you could buy the individual pieces, but never the weapons, thus never completing the full set. That got really annoying, especially for set bonuses. Nexon never brought back a lot of the costumes for re-sale as well, so I mean I guess it's their loss in money. I hope eyedentity does something with that.

Outside of that, I'm sure a lot of complaints are easily able to be addressed. Remember, eyedentity is a business, not a company that bends over to the consumer's will. There needs to be a compromise for both.
                  Dragoon
                  TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

I feel like it wasn't just Nexon (though, trust me, I can definitely agree they were not the best host...), but a combination of factors - DN's content becoming more boring with the updates, the classes becoming more or remaining just as unbalanced, new games coming out, and to add on top of it, Nexon's already lacking service. When they noticed the decline in population, they (finally) began giving events like log-in rewards and Loffy's Dice... which is poor timing because well, the population had already declined so much. The PvP scene was never really given much attention in the first place.

They could have done well with nicer DN Vault events. Throwback costumes would have been a great event to have for a lot of people who would have been willing to spend a fair bit of money. They could done well listening to some player desires - more colors in the hair shop, for example. No one spends money on deggs to get hair boxes. But people would spend money for a specific hair color; a spot of player interest that could have been addressed and profited from.

And, in general, they had about 0 real events. In-game events? What are those? We had Loffy (very rare occasions, not very "play-with-others"), 2 Defend SH - one of which was not even worth the effort or time, a "MOBA DN" event that was super fun but limited.... that really counted as in-game events. One Defense event wasn't really worth it; and the actually fun pvp/pve event was just taken away. Quite sad because in-game events are very very appealing to players and could certainly hit up player traffic. (I do realize they had to get approved for these, but it would certainly have been nice if they tried to get big in-game events more often to keep content less stale).

They were a business, sure, but one that could have actually made more money than it had while also satisfying the customers. There is no business without the consumers;;
                    [Holy Fish]
                    Kirienne | Adept | Ririnne
                    Inquisitor | Shooting Star | Gear Master | Physician | Adept

"I'm not a lolicon, I swear ;u;"

Comment

I feel like Nexon went wrong with a lot of things. There could've been many problems that could've been resolved without too much effort. One thing that ticked me off the most is that the GMs didn't even know how to play the game themselves. They have all this power to make the community feel like a whole and they didn't really do anything with it. Having the title of Game Master and not even knowing how to actually play the game decently is pretty depressing. I know most of us have been there to watch Left Click and the others stream. They hardly knew what was going on in their screens.
                      Discord: Joorji#4903
                      IGN: Joorji (Gladiator)
                      Gladiator Guide
                      Twitch Channel
                      Youtube Channel

Comment

imo,lack of management.efforts and involvement,just look at cherrycredits,you can see they love their game and involve themselves,but on our side we cant even have a up to date website,all content of the website are probably 2-3 years old outdated
                        nexon dont give love to their games,they just milk them
                        nexon is a farmer,dn is a cow
                        they milked the cow without feeding it at a point it died cause the farmer didnt take care of it properly
                        my hope from ED is that they cure the cow and feed it back to a healthy state
                        Nekavrad - Lvl 90 Inquisitor(soon 93) - Member of BOOOMPANES

Comment

but if its dead....

Comment

I've played other Nexon games and kept an eye on them after leaving. What always shocked me was the staggering level of incompetence Nexon displays in practically every area. Its mindblowing to me that they are still successful, though I bet their cash cows Maplestory and Mabinogi are whats keeping them going. I see things improving greatly if Eyedentity can have a relationship with players that doesn't make them feel completely victimized. That's where I think Nexon failed the most.

Comment

When the last event they had was buy one get one. There is a lot of miscommunication with the community and it seems that they won't admit their mistakes.
                              Discord Jack #7023
                              ~Destroyer || Apophis~
                              ~Guardian || Arus~

Comment

Working...
                              X