Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should eyedentity inject gold into the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should eyedentity inject gold into the game?

pros:
    none

cons:
    too many casuals get gold
    becomes too easy to get geared for casuals
    prices get inflated
    you will regret the day you asked for a gold injection.
    yes
    41.56%
    no
    36.36%
    le memes donald trump popcorn
    22.08%
    memes. gold buying? triggered. gold injection? triggered. gold seller? triggered. make gold the legit way.

Pros: +13 Lgrades
    The ways to make gold are already in place, I'm just too lazy to follow through. Gotta vote no.

Comment

i'll vote no, but hold the casual hate ;-;.

Comment

Need gold injection after Belin ate all the enhance gold during event ;-;
        IGN: AngelicOtaku - Saint

Comment

Gold injections have long lasting effects on ingame economies in video games. In games without a good gold sink, gold steadily inflates to the point of absurdity (Check Runescape, although those problems are largely a part of power creep). This point is usually where it is not even worthwhile for you to pick up money off the ground since it's so minuscule compared to how much money you have.

In the event you were to inject gold into the game, lets say through Golden Eggs, the money gets reasonably distributed through the population. Players who had the opportunity to get a Golden egg or so would on average have more gold than players who did not get a golden egg. To counteract this, the only method would be either give out eggs for free or just sell more golden eggs. By selling them more often, players would be pressured into purchasing them for fear of falling behind or to catch up. By selling more eggs, inflation increases.

A year down the road, say you are a hypothetical new player. You level your way to level cap, doing quests along the way and making a fair amount of gold. When you hit cap, you have 6,000 gold. You immediately go to the market to look at gear and discover most gear is in the 10-20k price range.

"Oh, so I guess I'll have to farm some gold," says the new player.

After looking up a few methods of making gold, they discover most are out of their reach or take too much time since running nests isn't possible or hardly profitable for new players. Dragon Nests are considered high level content and most groups are fairly selective on the gear people bring in. The only method they can get money is likely farming very specific items, usually from dungeons that are fairly easy, but have a low maximum weekly clear count and are very tedious to play through on certain classes. God save them if they have to use the farm.

You have now created a systematic method of inadvertently bullying newer players to the point of driving them away from the game on the set fact that making gold is now too difficult. Unless you literally hand every new player money, which would be a horrible idea because it would exacerbate the problem, you'd steadily drive potential players this game desperately needs to survive.

My apologies for the faulty formatting.

Comment

• Senpai-Deviljho
            Senpai-Deviljho commented
            Editing a comment
            who picks up gold these days. It's all about letting your pet slave for you and collect it free of charge.

• Amaurus
            Amaurus commented
            Editing a comment
            Senpai-Deviljho Not every player has the luxury of having a lost child following them around.

• BowieSage
            BowieSage commented
            Editing a comment
            What Amaurus said. I'm still relying on poochums and cats for it, assuming they're not sleeping.

Dragon Nest has a ridiculous gold sink named enhancing L-grades. Reducing the enhancing price might as well be the gold-injection players are looking for lol.
          Dragoon
          TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

give 10g to every player
            ur not cool

nakamicchi (ww) + Sarailia (iw) | discord naka#0323

Comment

t5 killed this game and the economy.

and my dog. zoop zoop
              memes. gold buying? triggered. gold injection? triggered. gold seller? triggered. make gold the legit way.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaurus View Post
                Gold injections have long lasting effects on ingame economies in video games. In games without a good gold sink, gold steadily inflates to the point of absurdity (Check Runescape, although those problems are largely a part of power creep). This point is usually where it is not even worthwhile for you to pick up money off the ground since it's so minuscule compared to how much money you have.

In the event you were to inject gold into the game, lets say through Golden Eggs, the money gets reasonably distributed through the population. Players who had the opportunity to get a Golden egg or so would on average have more gold than players who did not get a golden egg. To counteract this, the only method would be either give out eggs for free or just sell more golden eggs. By selling them more often, players would be pressured into purchasing them for fear of falling behind or to catch up. By selling more eggs, inflation increases.

A year down the road, say you are a hypothetical new player. You level your way to level cap, doing quests along the way and making a fair amount of gold. When you hit cap, you have 6,000 gold. You immediately go to the market to look at gear and discover most gear is in the 10-20k price range.
                "Oh, so I guess I'll have to farm some gold," says the new player.

After looking up a few methods of making gold, they discover most are out of their reach or take too much time since running nests isn't possible or hardly profitable for new players. Dragon Nests are considered high level content and most groups are fairly selective on the gear people bring in. The only method they can get money is likely farming very specific items, usually from dungeons that are fairly easy, but have a low maximum weekly clear count and are very tedious to play through on certain classes. God save them if they have to use the farm.

You have now created a systematic method of inadvertently bullying newer players to the point of driving them away from the game on the set fact that making gold is now too difficult. Unless you literally hand every new player money, which would be a horrible idea because it would exacerbate the problem, you'd steadily drive potential players this game desperately needs to survive.

My apologies for the faulty formatting.
                Not to mention that the bold can easily be exploited simply by creating throw-away accounts/characters to get the gold and transfer it to a main account. It's bad enough that we have people that use 100-300+ characters to farm apples.

Also, yes, L-grade enhancing IS a major gold sink. But let's face it: how many new players are going to be able to actually clear end-game raid content before the point where people start selling IDN runs (let alone get into a party that's willing to give up a regular member in favor of someone with lower DPS, which is unlikely unless about 6/8 of the regular members are already insanely overgeared)? And how many will continue enhancing current cap L-grades once they have a full set? To say the least, it's a gold sink that only affects those who can actually work towards and enhance L-grades, while the remainder usually have to work with the Epic grade enhancement rates.

One of the problems is that people are wanting L-grades AND the gold to enhance them, all without having to do much of anything (instead of trying to work towards building a good set of Epic-grade equipment and going from there). That's mostly what the whining for gold injection is. While there's a few here that have a legitimate argument supporting it, most are just wanting to be handed stuff on a silver platter without having to work for it. Because of that, even if we got a huge gold injection right now, there's just going to be more people whining for another gold injection down the road, simply because they missed the initial gold injection and are too poor to take advantage of the market (gotta have gold to make gold, especially if mats start becoming insufficient means of gaining gold the moment demand for them drops, and you have to rely on buying and selling to make end's meet) and can't enhance the L-grades they wish they had.

I can recall a time when gold bots actually had a presence back near...I believe it was 40 cap or somewhere around there, and gold buying/selling wasn't being punished severely enough. Long story short: market prices were crazy high, and it was hard to afford anything but the most common nest drops (and Onyx), despite the fact that it was easier to make gold normally. But then the GM finally got tough (mainly Tekonos), bots started disappearing (to the point that you don't see any in towns), gold buying was reduced a large amount (obviously it's still around, but was/is no longer as widespread), and the excess gold was eventually drained out naturally, causing market prices to return to healthy levels. So, somewhat good ending. But one can only imagine what would have happened if the bots were never dealt with and the gold supply continued to increase at the same uncontrollable rate.

Comment

• Amaurus
                  Amaurus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I still get PTSD flashbacks to the prices Leviatha had when we had a few servers.

• Omega Metroid
                  Omega Metroid commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I remember the time thousands of bots literally started falling from the heavens in Ironwood Village. xD

• BowieSage
                  BowieSage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah. To say the least, excluding the content drought, the excess of bots and the uncontrolled market was once of the reasons (besides Dynasty Warriors Online) that I went on haitus back in 40 cap.

Option 3 should be "Triggered" instead, w3w.

Comment

Instead of injecting gold into the game, why not just reduce the cost of repair fees and enhancing? Or have an NX version of Golden Goose that reduces the repair and enhancing fee by a further x%.

Comment

• BasementDweller
                    BasementDweller commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agreed. Also maybe get rid of mailing and trading fees. Don't know why they are even there in the first place.

• Goodwill
                    Goodwill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @BasementDweller
                    Yeah, it seems like while they are updating and balancing everything else, they are forgetting to revise other features of the game that doesn't involve the combat. I would like if they took a good, long hard look at that.

L grade enhance costs are simply not built for NA. They were built for versions like cDN and SEA that have far more gold in their economies for various reasons that could only really be summed up as 'legalized gold buying'. I always found it ridiculously stupid how every version has the same enhance costs despite vastly different economies.

Slashing their enhance costs by 75% in NA would be the only 'gold injection' we need, and even then, this should have already happened as early as 70 cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodwill View Post
                    Instead of injecting gold into the game, why not just reduce the cost of repair fees and enhancing? Or have an NX version of Golden Goose that reduces the repair and enhancing fee by a further x%.
                    Basically a gold injection in its own right without injecting gold :^).

Originally posted by SaitoHikari View Post
                    L grade enhance costs are simply not built for NA. They were built for versions like cDN and SEA that have far more gold in their economies for various reasons that could only really be summed up as 'legalized gold buying'. I always found it ridiculously stupid how every version has the same enhance costs despite vastly different economies.

Slashing their enhance costs by 75% in NA would be the only 'gold injection' we need, and even then, this should have already happened as early as 70 cap.
                    Do we have the same enhancement costs as EU/SEA?
                    Dragoon
                    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by Goodwill View Post
                      +1

Originally posted by SaitoHikari View Post

+1

Nothing more would have to be done if these two things were implemented.

Comment

Tbh, making extra characters and then doing the same thing over and over feels like the hardest chore ever. If prices get inflated, lets hope its not major inflation. I hate having to constantly do side quests over and over grinding for gold just to get what I want.(yeah, i'm talking about those repeat quests..). I find myself leaving then coming to the game trying to finally enjoy it--but I can't 'cuz I can't get geared. This game always benefited geared people after all. You're basically sitting on the top of the world selling whatever rare stuff you get in the marketplace and gaining 10kg+ gold altogether. Something people normally can't do geared. I mean i'm not lazy or anything, I just get fatigued doing this. By the time i'm geared the next cap is here lol. People really go out of there way to make a gazillion characters they don't even use to gain more gold from golden freaking apples..? The fun is goes away slowly unless you're geared.

(Also, I really want the Furious Mezzaine to come back, I think that'd be good enough. 320g per character a week. lol)
                        Last edited by DragonOverCannon; 10-10-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X