Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a few questions/concerns

Hiya,

I apologize if this has been asked before or if it's simply silly, but I used to play DN (EU) quite religiously and loved every aspect of the game; from the community to the combat system all the way to the instances. I just got a bit of nostalgia and was looking to try my hand at it again, and contacted some of my old friends with whom I used to play and they told me not to bother because DN became sort of a mess with P2W aspects along with a dying community, but now I see that the publisher has changed a few times - sorry for the ramble, I'm basically wondering the following: whether it's still worth it to pick up DN at this point, are there any overwhelming P2W aspects to the game (by overwhelming I mean as in instant max level cash shop items or gear that's purchasable with real money and etc.), and lastly, I'm living in the UK so should I try my hand at the EU version? I've heard a lot of bad things about the EU publisher, but I'd like to consider myself extremely competitive so I'd probably PvP more than anything else, would my high(er) ping make that difficult?

Thank you all in advance!

Yes, it is worth to pick up Dragon Nest again.

Yes, it is pay to win, but it the end it depends on the level of commitment you want to put in at tend game. Cash shop outfits only add your damage by so much, however Dragon Egg 8-piece accessories can boost some needed stats. Jellies are a supposed EyeCash/Total sink as well. Again, depends on the level of commitment you want to put into this game.

You can try the EU server, but like you, I've heard a lot of bad things about the publisher as well. They lost 4 caps worth of data at one point. I guess tread with caution with them.

HIgher ping will impact your PvP experience a lot. If you want to PvP, it's probably better to go to the EU server. Keep in mind, PvP is held as a lesser priority compared to PvE, so PvP receives a lot less balance updates compared to PvE.

tl;dr:
    Casual don't want to commit, but just want to have a causal time? Play.
    Don't want to commit but play at end game status? Not worth.
    Competitive, want to commit at end game including money? Play.

That's all.
    Dragoon
    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Working...
    X