The Blatant Disrespect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blatant Disrespect

I'm going, to be honest for a moment I haven't been playing dragon nest for a while, but dear god the overwhelming disrespect for players from the developer is mindblowing. I don't even know why people still play this f*&^ing game. From the overly complicated armor system to the odd capped dungeons. I never understood the reason why everything needed to be endgame content.

If you aren't going to increase the cap at least have a secondary leveling system like el resonance from Elsword which gives the player of the satisfaction of still leveling and increasing their stats. Back then usually when a new nest came out the level cap was increased. It's like the developer is incapable of shifting around numbers and balancing things out. For the past year, everything has been 95, 95, 95.

I'm not even low level and I feel bad for lower level players. They are literally forced to endure dull gameplay so they can get to the good stuff. Comboing isn't even used anymore because enemies die so quickly
    throwing curve balls at the end of the game and expecting them to know the game will get harder at the end. And by god the story. Oh my god, the story.

Being an inspiring writer myself. Golden Age of dragon nest gave you character, whether it was through the storyline or the friendship system, Sidequest, etc. Example:
    During the time after Elena's invasion took place, Red Minotaur was the remnants of the scattered forces leftover from the battle of Carderock Pass. (Which would be one of the dungeons that taught you how tough nest we're. Thus teaching players how to dodge and combo. Doesn't matter anymore apparently.) But after this, a side quest would take place with David ends up becoming Argenta's slave leading into taking off to Saints Haven.

Most quest like these which offer unique titles for the players exploring and giving in to their curiosity, Hardly any longer exist. Once the wipe of a good chunk of the old nest happened these were wiped away too. Some explaining why Cerberus was the way he was, the story behind them (which is probably one of the saddest boss fights when you find out the story behind it.) black manticore and the existence of Apocalypse. (which no longer exist too).

Even the normal dungeons have suffered, the removal of Abyss dungeons from Normal Dungeons. Until you reach a high level *closer to 90* *sigh*

PVP is a freaking joke. I'm not going to go into depth too much with this one, pick a class now be mad that you didn't pick the correct one. Done

Eyedentity, give lower levels a challenge, let them progress naturally instead of bumping up the exp to make them skip everything fast as hell. The game literally flies by you too fast. Some people might enjoy endgame content, doing it over and over again. to prepare for the....same level content over again?
    Being back lower level nest and old titles and abyss dungeons.
    25.00%
    Things are fine the way they are.
    75.00%
    Doesn't matter to me either way.
    0%

If you think the enemies die easily, go do a fissive dimension run solo on master LOL

Comment

I mean we do have Hero levels, which is basically the same as El Resonance from elsword. Each time you level up after 95 (aka. Hero level) your dmg increases as well as your FD, and it can be applied to your other characters when the reach lvl 95. At 95, its basically just running nests everyday, but then with the release of Trial nest and the fission core which requires 1200 ftg and it gives you rewards of running 4 division nests which is really good imo, especially for a player that doesnt have that much time playing the game, I think it is really good. Also, just like what the great Zengeroff said, if you want challenge then go do fission dimension, literally took me 13 min to finish it in master mode, I actually had fun with it lol. The endgame content will be revolving around Scylla equipments, which is the strongest equipment which will be around for 2 years or even more according to my guild mates, and infos from Divinator. Enhancing it will be RNG, which make sense because it would be the REAL endgame equipment, stats are crazy OP too. Well, thats all I have to say! Have fun!

Comment

• Eliel
        Eliel commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good to know they have a system in place like that. Which makes me have better hope for this game and seeing gorilla saints haven defense for lvl 40 fills me with DETERMINATION, but I wish instead of wiping out all the old nest they would tailor the nest to lower levels and higher levels not just going one way on the spectrum. Same goes for abyss dungeons.

Originally posted by Zengeroff View Post
      If you think the enemies die easily, go do a fissive dimension run solo on master LOL
      This just proves my point about endgame content. What are you trying to add here?

Comment

• Zengeroff
        Zengeroff commented
        Editing a comment
        My point is that the challenge is still there. Sure, it's endgame but why does that matter?

Who wants to drag through a long, arduous level grind? All of your supposed points are nonsense anyway because of how gear progression works in this game.

Yes, everything has been at 95, 95, 95 because that's the current cap. Would it make sense to release content for level 50 players? Almost the entirety of the playerbase is at the cap so releasing old content that's just gonna be overlooked in a week or 2, that's just more work for the dev team to add back to the game (and possibly break) for most people to ignore anyway.

If there wasn't a big delta between gear levels, I might be inclined to agree with you but there is. Even between lv 93 and 95 epic gear, the difference is like night and day, not even throwing in L grade 93 vs 95.

The way the game works, FTG is required for most everything and who is going to essentially waste runs to get old, obsolete gears when they know that in a few more levels the gear will be about twice as good as what they are going to go grind their ass off for anyway. Do you not remember how long it took to craft an entire set of Cerberus gear? Hell, by the time they'd get it crafted, they'd be at lv 45-50 and it'd be useless because dungeons would be dropping lv 50 epics anyway.

The entirety of this post of yours is essentially you asking ED to cater to a playerbase that doesn't exist. There's not enough people that are low level to warrant such a change. The only way this makes sense is for ED to do a complete overhaul of the EXP required and make each level longer to get to and there's just not impetus for them to do that because new players are few and far between.
        Last edited by Zengeroff; 11-10-2018, 04:12 PM.

[My point is that the challenge is still there. Sure, it's endgame but why does that matter?]

It's endgame. That's one of the reasons why people leave after hitting the cap. Sure the challenge is there I even said so myself, but the game does nothing to ease you into it.
      I've seen comments on various dragon nest videos and comments and even on the forums about the endgame content being boring, the community does nothing to help either a lot of people need to acknowledge the small community when it comes to playing as well. And getting a party for these endgame dungeons aren't easy if you 1) don't have a friend who will play with you or 2) join a good enough guild.

[Yes, everything has been at 95, 95, 95 because that's the current cap. Would it make sense to release content for level 50 players? Almost the entirety of the player base is at the cap so publishing old content that's just going to be overlooked in a week or 2, that's just more work for the dev team to add back to the game (and possibly break) for most people to ignore anyway.]

But they just released Saints Haven Defense for level 40-95. How is it breaking the game to allow the access of these dungeons for lower levels and higher levels? It's just more options.

[If there wasn't a big delta between gear levels, I might be inclined to agree with you but there is. Even between lv 93 and 95 epic gear, the difference is like night and day, not even throwing in L grade 93 vs 95.

The way the game works, FTG is required for most everything and who is going to essentially waste runs to get old, obsolete gears when they know that in a few more levels the gear will be about twice as good as what they are going to go grind their ass off for anyway. Do you not remember how long it took to craft an entire set of Cerberus gear? Hell, by the time they'd get it crafted, they'd be at lv 45-50 and it'd be useless because dungeons would be dropping lv 50 epics anyway.]

That's Fair.

[The entirety of this post of yours is essentially you asking ED to cater to a player base that doesn't exist. There are not enough people that are low level to warrant such a change. The only way this makes sense is for ED to do a complete overhaul of the EXP required and make each level longer to get to and there's not impetus for them to do that because new players are few and far between.]

They don't need to do an exp overhaul. I understand leveling is easy but it's not THAT easy.

As for the player base, I wouldn't say it doesn't exist. I've seen people on this forum and dragon nest videos say numerous of times they are upset over the lack of content for lower level players because it doesn't give them the experience to prepare for the challenges ahead. Or to take a break from mundane grinding. The reason you don't see them is that they get tired of grinding and quit because there is nothing else to do but that. Shoot even people on my own discord server who used to play dragon nest says that.

Yes its fast, but its like one guy said before. It's like feeling like Saitama all the time until you reach endgame content. It's not about breaking the game, it's about accessibility. Something ED is entirely capable of because they did it in the past.

And I should possibly clarify that I didn't post all my thoughts above. Such as how P2W this game is. Another complaint from many old and new players I've spoken to or have seen on the forum/YT videos and in-game. Another reason why some people refuse to play this game. Word of mouth is a powerful thing, and I love that they added Hero Levels, but more needs to be done. More than that.

Comment

i started playing near the end of 70 cap and it took me like 2-3 weeks to hit cap because i was having so much fun hanging out in town. i loved doing cerb, apoc etc and its funny how BIG the game felt to me.
        it was only after i hit cap that the game felt small to me, and when they took out most of the nests, i saw a lot of people quit. and its funny, i remember everyone saying "wait till summer" and summer came around and there was like no new players lmao xd

Comment

Leveling in any MMO sucks who would want it to be longer/harder, get rid of leveling completely is the best solution... Either way you're going to be happy to know that KDN's patch from yesterday has made it take forever to level again (never leveling any new characters again) and have added all dungeons to the labyrinth system so you can adjust there difficulty to make them harder. Enjoy cancer content...

Comment

Originally posted by epykun View Post
            Leveling in any MMO sucks who would want it to be longer/harder, get rid of leveling completely is the best solution... Either way you're going to be happy to know that KDN's patch from yesterday has made it take forever to level again (never leveling any new characters again) and have added all dungeons to the labyrinth system so you can adjust there difficulty to make them harder. Enjoy cancer content...
            You clearly misinterpreted what I said, but that's ok.

Comment

Working...
            X