Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the horrible translations and localization with our new content =/

Sup fam,

This is just something that's been bugging me personally but I've found the translations and localization in recent updates to be Omg kys please did anyone even bother proof reading there is zero consistency here.

Ive found that a lot of the in game texts have just been (I assume) straight ripped from CherryCredit's version of Dragon Nest and is completely out of whack compared to what we've had for a good 90 levels. Specifically the texts for content from level 90-93 makes me want to commit spiritual suicide, it's been so horribly done that it almost breaks immersion to the story =/

Is this bothering anyone else as much as it's bothering me cause it's seriously irking me so much -A-.
    Pree sure there's other problems as well that's slipping my mind but it feels like Eyedentity is kind of just taking everything CC has and just slapping it into the NA server, there's no proofing no double checking no nothing =(. Makes me feel neglected.

I can agree with this post in one way, but ED needs to stop putting focus in fixing or adjusting translations at this time. Ironically, I was just talking about this last night with my guild mates. Translations and MID fixes should be patched in monthly or hot fixed weekly during the server updates. We need ALL of our class updates, awakenings and some of the newer content that we are behind on. Fix the translations later is what I say.

Comment

Originally posted by Xzine View Post
      I can agree with this post in one way, but ED needs to stop putting focus in fixing or adjusting translations at this time. Ironically, I was just talking about this last night with my guild mates. Translations and MID fixes should be patched in monthly or hot fixed weekly during the server updates. We need ALL of our class updates, awakenings and some of the newer content that we are behind on. Fix the translations later is what I say.
      this

/10/10

Comment

tbh, i dont even know what we are right now
        IGN: SupportYou

Class: Chaos Mage

Discord: Yujin#3298

Comment

Originally posted by Humble View Post
          Sup fam,

This is just something that's been bugging me personally but I've found the translations and localization in recent updates to be Omg kys please did anyone even bother proof reading there is zero consistency here.

Ive found that a lot of the in game texts have just been (I assume) straight ripped from CherryCredit's version of Dragon Nest and is completely out of whack compared to what we've had for a good 90 levels. Specifically the texts for content from level 90-93 makes me want to commit spiritual suicide, it's been so horribly done that it almost breaks immersion to the story =/

Is this bothering anyone else as much as it's bothering me cause it's seriously irking me so much -A-.
          Pree sure there's other problems as well that's slipping my mind but it feels like Eyedentity is kind of just taking everything CC has and just slapping it into the NA server, there's no proofing no double checking no nothing =(. Makes me feel neglected.
          If anything, ED should replace all of the text with DNsea's version. Why? Because at 50 cap and beyond, Nexon's localization team simply stopped giving a damn. Character personalities were radically changed to the point where it was extremely annoying and made it difficult to take what would otherwise be a very engaging story seriously. This is especially so in the side quests.

The texts for 90-93's sidequests, despite their grammatical errors and occasionally questionable syntax, are a lot better than the garbage DN's previous host attempted to jam down our throats (regarding the main quest portion, I am uncertain who was responsible for localizing that, since it still uses "Rajuul" but uses "Mistupholders" instead of the Calamity Corps or whatever it was called). This is because there is no longer random unnecessary crap added, like Kiwi's compulsive lying (because abused victims are funny stuff amirite?). The random crap made it difficult to fully appreciate the story during last few caps, since it seems the localization team went even more wild in not giving a damn that it became hard to differentiate what was actually part of the story and what wasn't (like Sitridel's health problems. Is she really sleep deprived or was Nexon taking a dump on readers again).

The only problem I have with the side quest text is the different names for the same character because of localization differences, but that is easily remedied by referencing a chart for important character names when possible (like Rajuul = Rubinart) or paying attention to the story so one can make the connection on what the changed names were originally called. It'd be nice if the names were changed to NA's names, but that seems unlikely, so I say gut the whole thing and replace it with a translation that's actually accurate and not riddled with whatever crap Nexon thought was amusing. If that means using DNsea's version, then so be it. It'd be nice if a proofreader went through the text, but considering how much text they'd have to go through for all the available content, it's likely low on ED's priority list, especially since most people just hold the space bar through the story.
          Last edited by Potoo; 10-12-2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X