Lore discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lore discussion

While exploring the DN community from a returning player view point i find the demand for constant grind of lucrative/productive content has made a great deal of players disconnected with the game's lore/story line. Personally I found this story to really be impacting for me due to the character development and knowing when and where to hit the player with some hero moments and reality checks as well. Now I feel it appropriate to make something of a lore tab for any discussion points if any questions are presented for lore. Upon request I can write up a story thus far for 95 cap including any side contents that correlate to story or aren't present in game by main quest line.

The lore beyond Red Dragon is pointless, stupid, and doesn't make sense. There's no crisis or real objective and is completely disconnected from the original story. The lore is effectively dead.
    Dragoon
    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

so, the point was to explain the bits that don't make sense so they can have a meaningful point. Stupid and off script yes, but not without point.

Comment

If you can create meaning from the story post 90 cap, I'd be happy to read and appreciate it. It just feels, beyond Red Dragon, we're just a group of strong adventurers venturing from town to town that happens to have a crisis and a Dragon to kill.
        Dragoon
        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

To start i'll just lay out the basics of the "how does this apply to the pre 90 story?" The Mist lands concept was designed off the original background of Dragon Nest where the goddess Vestinel poisoned her sister Altea because the "God of gods" Desmodeus A.K.A their father, showed favoritism for Altea's world of Lagandia/Altera. After poisoning her she fled to her realm the Mist lands and pursued Altea from there. In current attempts she wants to break the barrier at the Monolith to finish off Altea because her world is created essentially to be Altera in Vestinel's perspective and she wants no competition. Thus you'll notice similarities not only in the people but the map structure and content chain (e.g Port Hermalte-->Merca Port) (Red lotus palace-->Lotus marsh) (Holy Edart Empire-->Anu Arendel). Our randomized chase is specifically focused on getting Red dragon Rajuul back so we can more permanently seal the Barrier while also getting the chalice of healing to cure Altea of her nightmare/poison.

Comment

Working...
          X