Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel like quitting after spending tons of gold...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel like quitting after spending tons of gold...

Never really used forums that much, but I want to blow off some steam right now. Been working really hard at getting gold and trying to get my gears up to par and I have saved up about 200k gold the past few months to enhance my RDN-L equipment, but just felt like I wasted all that time grinding, selling items etc for gold. All of it down the drain. Had a bad realization once I was down to only 15k gold that it was all just a huge waste when neither of my weapons are barely even +12. So many failures, so many downgrades it was just fucking depressing seeing it repeatedly fail or to enhance up a few levels only to go back down to where i started.

This made me lose any sort of motivation to even keep playing or getting more gold to try again. Fuck this luck shit man. I didn't think 33% could be that bad especially when I see lots of people in town with +12 gears which made me think that yeah it's possible for me to get that, but I guess not. Maybe I just needed more gold to keep trying? But how much more...that 200k took me ages to get especially since I have a full time job and can't really play more than a couple of hours a day.

Just fucking blows man. Anyone else ever felt like quitting after barely getting anywhere after spending a ton of gold?

rdn Ls aren't really necessary

u shouldnt hve bothered to be honest.

Comment

I spend around 130k on my silver hunter and I could barely get my rdnl weapons to +11 and my dress to +7. It was such a huge waste but I really like silver hunter gameplay, but now with awakenings her dps is further down the tiers and so much gold spend for such little gain. Anywho, I came to a lot of points where I felt to quit for lots of different reasons like how horrible 90 cap was, class balances, economy, toxic playerbases, nexon. I was screwed over very bad in dragon eggs, I won't go in detail but it was really horrible and there was nothing I could do about it except do a bunch of charge backs and quit, but I love the class I play too much and the friends I have to do that. I think dn still has good potentials still but its always designed to completely screw people over if they ever want to try to get the best stuff after all their sacrifice to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by miki View Post
        I spend around 130k on my silver hunter and I could barely get my rdnl weapons to +11 and my dress to +7. It was such a huge waste but I really like silver hunter gameplay, but now with awakenings her dps is further down the tiers and so much gold spend for such little gain. Anywho, I came to a lot of points where I felt to quit for lots of different reasons like how horrible 90 cap was, class balances, economy, toxic playerbases, nexon. I was screwed over very bad in dragon eggs, I won't go in detail but it was really horrible and there was nothing I could do about it except do a bunch of charge backs and quit, but I love the class I play too much and the friends I have to do that. I think dn still has good potentials still but its always designed to completely screw people over if they ever want to try to get the best stuff after all their sacrifice to get there.
        Thanks for sharing. That's how I feel too. I really like Dragon Nest even though it could be a lot better. Made so many friends on this game and the few classes I like to play are really fun. But this really sucked out a lot of the passion I had. I tried to log in again just now but just couldn't be bothered to stay on for more than a few minutes after seeing what I had left and looking at my gear again. So much work for so little gain. Just completely burnt out because of some bad luck.

Comment

This thread should be a good indicator that RD Lgrade enhance costs should go down.
          Dragoon
          TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

If you have a full time job, just buy gold :^)

On a more serious topic, I know what you mean. And I think it happens to a lot of people, but DN is fun so yeah. I also met some cool people from this game and I guess made the mistake of getting L grades. At the time I got them, my motivation was really low. 90 Cap was ass. I would spend 3 weeks to 1 month of farming to try and make my mainhand RDN L +10. Failed 3 times. Quit DN for like 2 months after that. I think it was what you're experiencing? Working so hard for gold and not getting what you wanted in return?

Then I caught a lucky break and crafted and sold an FD plate. WIth the money, I had exactly enough to +12 both offhand and mainhand. I orgasmed so hard that the Gods in the Heavens heard my moans.

Luck is like your best friend at times and your worst enemy but it shouldn't be the driving factor of what makes you quit. Keep going at it, man.

Comment

Goodluck in the future. It can be cruel how hard work won't pay off. Btw were you using golden goose?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiyara View Post
                If you have a full time job, just buy gold :^)

On a more serious topic, I know what you mean. And I think it happens to a lot of people, but DN is fun so yeah. I also met some cool people from this game and I guess made the mistake of getting L grades. At the time I got them, my motivation was really low. 90 Cap was ass. I would spend 3 weeks to 1 month of farming to try and make my mainhand RDN L +10. Failed 3 times. Quit DN for like 2 months after that. I think it was what you're experiencing? Working so hard for gold and not getting what you wanted in return?

Then I caught a lucky break and crafted and sold an FD plate. WIth the money, I had exactly enough to +12 both offhand and mainhand. I orgasmed so hard that the Gods in the Heavens heard my moans.

Luck is like your best friend at times and your worst enemy but it shouldn't be the driving factor of what makes you quit. Keep going at it, man.
                Yeah, I'm just super frustrated at how much time I spent and how little my gears progressed. Maybe I'll just take a break for a few months like what you did and come back if I'm feeling up to it. There aren't many games that play like this one so it'd suck to leave it behind along with the friends I've made.

But I don't know. Just sucks to work so hard for all that gold and having the results boil down to chance.
                Last edited by Melchior; 10-17-2016, 12:24 AM.

Comment

You know +11 to +12 is like 15% chance (or something lower than 33%)

and yeah if i had that shit luck I prolly want to quit too, but then again knowing some people go for +13 and blow their gold there's always gonna be someone luckier/richer than you. I know someone who spent 100k on their mainhand. So it's your choice if you want to continue and you might catch a lucky streak.
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                  Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Originally posted by ceruulean View Post
                    You know +11 to +12 is like 15% chance (or something lower than 33%)

and yeah if i had that shit luck I prolly want to quit too, but then again knowing some people go for +13 and blow their gold there's always gonna be someone luckier/richer than you. I know someone who spent 100k on their mainhand. So it's your choice if you want to continue and you might catch a lucky streak.
                    It's still 33% chance. +12>+13 is a 15% chance.

Comment

tbh unless you're in a 8 man idn team already there's no need to try +12 rdnl weps, +11 is more than good enough. It's not worth spending another 50-100k for +12 for a few k more damage if you have shet luck.

Comment

"Poor Life Choices: The Thread"

Comment

Working...
                        X