No announcement yet.

Community Events need a serious rework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This system is unfair, and the person is just pointing this out. If someone was to work 3 hours on a painting and get 4 likes for it, but someone scribbled something for 2 seconds and got 200 likes for it," That's a part of the system. Get used to bud. Quit complaining. If it's a bad event, do you expect it to be good? People are ignorant for not having a full understanding of how it was going to play out. Sure you can give advice to the Devs, but they are quite picky on what they chose to listen to. Im not touching the DPS event, why? B/c I already know how it's going to play out no matter how hard I try

Comment

Join Otium if you want some great events for elite hardcore players.

Be the best. Be Otium.

Comment

Looking at the winners again, I feel that Eyedentity's selection was probably the most deserving of first place... Despite getting the lowest likes (if memory serves right) They actually put in a considerable amount effort and creativity.... The 3rd pic was decent too.... The 1st and 2nd place winners are absolute garbage... Both of them made their post a couple days before the ending date of the contest, didn't try anything creative... literally stood together.... Both lacked greatly yet mustered a enormous amount of likes per day... Most likely 97% of their votes are illicit...
        Last edited by JopheeseLigran; 11-11-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Kainara
          Kainara commented
          Editing a comment
          Originally posted by JopheeseLigran View Post
          Looking at the winners again, I feel that Eyedentity's selection was probably the most deserving of first place... Despite getting the lowest likes (if memory serves right) They actually put in a considerable amount effort and creativity.... The 3rd pic was decent too.... The 1st and 2nd place winners are absolute garbage... Both of them made their post a couple days before the ending date of the contest, didn't try anything creative... literally stood together.... Both lacked greatly yet mustered a enormous amount of likes per day... Most likely 97% of their votes are illicit...
          ??? The second place winner made their thread a week before the event ended and amassed their votes from then to its end. First place winner made their post on the very last submission date and got all of their votes in that same day. Furthermore, the second place winner took the time to filter, add text, and give a frame to their entry to make it look like a photograph, whereas the first place winner's entry is literally just a screenshot with the UI turned off...they didn't even bother to turn their graphics up beforehand lol. The two entires aren't comparable and you don't know what you're talking about.

• '''
          ''' commented
          Editing a comment
          Editing a bad pic in the amount of time it takes to load onto photoshop doesn't mean it would change from being a bad pic to being second place material...it's just that first place had more friends/alt accounts liking their submissions than friends or accounts liking the second. It's not like those were the only entries.
          Last edited by '''; 11-12-2016, 08:27 AM.

• Donkay
          Donkay commented
          Editing a comment
          The second place winner submission did well, and they put a lot of effort into their work; I can attest to that personally.

You guys are seemingly stern on defending winner #2 for some mysterious reason... Close butt buddies? Friends? Guild members? I'll never know I guess. I am looking from a standpoint that this contest is supposed to be about the creativity of Halloween, which in my honest opinion winner #3 and #4 showed very well.... Although winner #2 did a LITTLE better than winner #1.. Anyone can use a filter and just bloom the absolute crap out of their photo and say "Voila, my work of art." I see no genuine creativity here... Just because they put in a little bit of labor that should take no more than 2 minutes, you'd put them that high above? Laughable, I think both #1 and #2 are no better than the other...

Oh, and just for the record since we are talking about likes since it determines the winners... Both #1 AND #2 garnered a lot of likes in a absurd amount of time... of course more so #1... but at least #2 is close enough to #1, they shouldn't even be that much off the hook... Really makes me wonder..
        Last edited by JopheeseLigran; 11-11-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• Kainara
          Kainara commented
          Editing a comment
          The only thing that's "mysterious" here is how intent you are on attacking winner #2. Their thread was made on October 28th and the contest winners were announced on November 9th. 90 likes in the span of 13 days is not absurd, 102 likes over the course of 5 days with the majority of them being amassed on the first day is. In any case, it's your opinion that winner #2's submission isn't good, and that's fine, but at least 90 members of the community seem to disagree with you.

Not really sure how you came to that conclusion since I have been firm in my position to believe that winners #1 & #2 do not deserve their wins. I only replied to you since, you for some very strange reason just seem to back up winner #2 so much... again.. Friends? Butt buddies? Guild members? No problem, just how 102 members of the community seem to like the #1 winner right? If we're just assuming #2 also were voted "legitly" then it's only far to case aside all assumptions since you're so keen on it...

Comment

• Tiyara
          Tiyara commented
          Editing a comment
          Same reason why you don't think submission #2 cheated. I got 78 likes in one day, #2 got 40 likes in one day.

Is it not hatred? You have not commented on anything unless it involved how I won the contest. Also, people were liking my submission after the contest was already over. All I did was make suggestions as to how to improve the next community event. Am I not allowed to do that because I won the contest and you thought I cheated to win?

I only defend myself because you're arriving at a conclusion that has no actual facts or statistics. Only opinion. If you're going to make baseless arguments because you think my submission is bad and I cheated, of course I'm going to defend myself. You're accusing me of cheating without any actual evidence.

your profile picture says a lot about you. You're all bark and no bite. Without orders from your "master" all you can do is whimper.

• Kainara
          Kainara commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm going to be blunt and frank, I think you cheated because your submission sucks and it got way more likes than it deserved in an unrealistic amount of time. I'm not the only one who thinks this, people have commented on the low quality of your submission compared to the others in both this thread and in your very own submission thread. You're allowed to make any suggestions you want on improving community events, it's just ironic because it's very likely that you cheated, which means your suggestions wouldn't be neccesary if you hadn't got involved in the first place.
          Did you make multiple new accounts to vote for yourself? Then you blatantly cheated. Did you go beg 100 people to like your thread? Then you're the very problem you're outlining in the first post of this thread and you have no moral leg to stand on. The sad fact is that no matter what ED does to make community events better, people like you will cheat the systems they put in place to gain an advantage. You really want better community events? Ditch the cheating mindset.
          My argument isn't baseless, it's based on observation. I'm not going to restate my observations again, you can go reread them as many times as you want until it gets through your head. It's funny that you want to talk about evidence when you're giving anecdotes about winner #2's amount of likes without any evidence of your own. In the end you resort to ad hominem, and you want to say I'm the one who's blinded by hate? Lol.
          I'm sorry if you didn't cheat but it sure as hell looks like you did. I don't see how you can reasonably deny that the amount of likes you got in such a small amount of time is suspicious, and that's compounded by how easy it would be to just make new accounts and cheat in this event. If you weren't in the winner's position you would probably assume they had cheated as well.
          Last edited by Kainara; 11-12-2016, 03:16 PM.

• Donkay
          Donkay commented
          Editing a comment
          Kainara doesn't really have any proof that anyone cheated so there isn't any reason to worry.
          I don't think either Tiyara or Pumpkin cheated anyways so there's no reason to worry about what he's saying.

These events have been quite disappointing for someone like me that has no creative skills or time to create a multitude of accounts to like my own low effort entry.

Personally I think they should have a spending event for people with well paying jobs. Whoever spends the most in a month gets DNP back equivalent to what they spent.

I think that would be a great event to encourage people to spend more on the game.

Comment

Also ED needs to step up, I never got my DNP reward from my win, think my friends in the screenshot did though

Comment

• Tiyara
            Tiyara commented
            Editing a comment
            Have you sent a ticket in? How much DNP did you win?

• Whiit3ShaDow
            Whiit3ShaDow commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, they forwarded it to the people in charge, I give it until Wednesday before they close it due to inactivity(on their part)
            Won 5k, so its not a big deal, but being broke, I'll take what I can get.
            Not expecting much since it wouldn't be the first time they screwed me. :/

How to cheat if there wasn't a rule against it..

Comment

Originally posted by CiRRAV View Post
            How to cheat if there wasn't a rule against it..
            Exploiting is a form of cheating. Just because there isn't a rule on that specific event (not a loop hole guys lol), doesn't mean it doesn't go against the terms of service. With that said, Vote manipulation is not going to be enforced, until I see otherwise... so feel free to cheat until you get caught, I guess.

Number 3 and ED winner are the only ones that look like an actual creative process was put into it, out of all the winners. It's a shame that vote manipulation is a thing.
            Last edited by aaron; 11-13-2016, 10:57 AM.
            Dragoon
            TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Working...
            X