Gear being valued more over player skill? IDN rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear being valued more over player skill? IDN rant

How come so many people recruiting or applying to idn teams just show off their gear/stats? Like i watch all these idn streams with people that i seen in game and their gear is insane, but then they always die or get hit a lot. I don't get the point of all that gear if you're just gonna die. Think people need to show off their actual skills like their dps meter plus damage taken meter or even just video of them playing the game. We all know people can get op stats just by grinding the shit out of easy content or paying to win.

Feels like peeps just work hard on their gears but dont work hard on their skills. And these peeps say shit like "ya man I cleared 4 man and 4 man hc no problem every week". That version has like no hp compared to 8man and most people nuke the shit outta it.

Watched a stream yesterday of some team that had op gears but then they got crocked at 2nd boss. Imagine if we got this raid in the respective cap.

think people are gonna struggle like hell in the next raid cuz we definitely won't be ahead a cap by the time it comes out.

its ok we can have yrs of practice on other server since were in the womb.

Comment

It's ok. You can just say you are talking about TwoGen.

Comment

People take gear into account first since you can't really judge skill until you see them in IDN yourself..
        if they suck, kick them/replace them ez.
        People need gear to get past DPS-needed mechs that's all.

IGN: SachiMizora | Class: Pyromancer | Discord: Sachi #2301 | Hangs out @ Ch7 | Pyromancer Guide | Tumblr
        Other Characters:
        Saint/s -
        Generosity, SaeyoungChoi & Pure
        Light Bringer - Aussie, KaidenMizora
        Ice Witch - SachMizora
        Valkyrie - Sachi

Comment

The reason people take players based on gear is because it is much easier to judge a player on gear than skill. Once you become familiar with the community, you are aware of which geared players are not that great when it comes to exploration raids. Many players are better off nuking content than doing lengthy content - it seems fatigue grows on them as time passes by. What I mean by this is certain players tend to make mistakes despite knowing the mechanics and end up dying near the end of the boss.

You can't evaluate an individual's skill unless you watch a lot of streams. Not many competitive players will come out and admit they're not good and a lot are just delusional. For example, LunarForce would not accept your statement if you told him he was bad.

DPS is a great way to evaluate someone's gear and ability to dish out DPS. However, it does not necessarily mean they can survive when it matters. In my opinion, you need to find players that can survive if you want a competitive team. A team with a lot of DPS that can't clear content is just a sign of mediocre players.

How I evaluate a player is based on how well they do in new content or when the situation is not ideal and they can still survive. Also how fast they adapt to their mistakes and how much DPS they dish out based on the gear they have.

Sadly our player base doesn't have too many of these kind of players as many of the old true raid vets quit a long time ago. What we have now is an abundance of coal, and everyone is trying to seek out that diamond.
          Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyZeuS View Post
            The reason people take players based on gear is because it is much easier to judge a player on gear than skill. Once you become familiar with the community, you are aware of which geared players are not that great when it comes to exploration raids. Many players are better off nuking content than doing lengthy content - it seems fatigue grows on them as time passes by. What I mean by this is certain players tend to make mistakes despite knowing the mechanics and end up dying near the end of the boss.

You can't evaluate an individual's skill unless you watch a lot of streams. Not many competitive players will come out and admit they're not good and a lot are just delusional. For example, LunarForce would not accept your statement if you told him he was bad.

DPS is a great way to evaluate someone's gear and ability to dish out DPS. However, it does not necessarily mean they can survive when it matters. In my opinion, you need to find players that can survive if you want a competitive team. A team with a lot of DPS that can't clear content is just a sign of mediocre players.

How I evaluate a player is based on how well they do in new content or when the situation is not ideal and they can still survive. Also how fast they adapt to their mistakes and how much DPS they dish out based on the gear they have.

Sadly our player base doesn't have too many of these kind of players as many of the old true raid vets quit a long time ago. What we have now is an abundance of coal, and everyone is trying to seek out that diamond.
            Just say that a certain viet spy raven is bad

Comment

Originally posted by Hoest View Post

Just say that a certain viet spy raven is bad
              TwoGen is bad

also you're bad for ignoring me
              Dragoon
              TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

well if a raid has insane gear reqs, people of course are going to look at gear first

Comment

Well stop wasting your time watching streams and do something about your gear instead complaining
                  Last edited by Lemon; 11-14-2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

2017 omega Cringe edition!!!

Comment

no matter how many times you say my name I won't go on a date with you ZeuS I don't roll that way.
                      IGN: LunarForce

Comment

Please stop bullying Lunar. You and your whole guild need to take several seats.
                        Last edited by Dark; 11-14-2016, 09:12 PM.
                        IGN: Randall- Level 95 Gladiator
                        Officer of Genesis Guild

Comment

Yeah, I agree I think there's a lot of criteria to judge someone on besides gear and that gear is easy to check out for an easy first impression.

Survivability and how fast they can adapt are the most valuable traits to have. I think too many people being used to nuking content even old raid content or getting carried by someone or people with op gear has diminished the overall skill level of the playerbase.

Comment

You can develop skill quicker than gear.

That being said, if you check for gear (which is extremely easy & fast) you have a much larger net, and more of the time you will recruit somebody who is also skilled.

The exception to the people being recruited are gold buyers, and the exception to the people who are not as geared are ones that are currently climbing the gear ladder with a high skill level, due to the nature of DN (stated as my first sentence).
                            Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Shs21
                            Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/shs21
                            Twitter - https://twitter.com/ShsStream

Comment

Skillful players are ideal to have, but gear is an absolute must when you do not know the player's play style.

On that note, I doubt Raid Team's that are recruiting will ask for game-play videos as anyone can easily skew their overall perception easily.
                              | Discord: Rinkie#3775 |

Comment

• LunarForce
                                LunarForce commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Vahr & Ael's team did it as part of their recruitment process.

• Rinkie
                                Rinkie commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Good for them, surprised they did.
                            Working...
                            X