Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is happening to this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is happening to this game?

I had high hopes pre transfer about this game becoming a lot better, but honestly after every patch so far my hopes have been squashed repeatedly. The stats on costume items are getting crazier and crazier. I don't understand how people keep up without emptying their wallet every few months. The new set of Iona accessories in the new Iona Eggs are insanely broken compared to the accessories that were in last month's Dragon Eggs. Post transfer they released costume sets that completely invalidated every other one before it by a tremendous margin. It just sucks to see people support this practice in game with the barrage of egg system messages.I mean what's next? The next few months some other set is just going to come out that makes your old one obsolete again and again. And it's not that I can't afford it but it just feels stupid to dump money for virtual stats but then a few months later I could've spent the same amount and got better stats. I understand that they need some form of revenue stream to keep the game going, but this game's feels exploitative for the reasons above.

Then there's all the bugs. It was honestly dumb as hell that the gearmaster bug wasn't fixed within a few days and not just after the following update. Then there are all the M:IDs literally everywhere or broken NPCs like the commission board last month. What are they doing with all this money they're getting? There's barely any quality control. Spirits are STILL not fixed. The last two updates have been abysmal in the content department too and it's sad to see that cash shop related stuff is at the forefront of this update. We literally just got 1 reused Nest, some reused Daredevil Faire dungeons, and reused Rumble mode. There's just so little relevant content and things to do compared to a lot of mmos it's embarassing considering how much money they're getting from all this cash shop stuff they keep promoting and everyone keeps buying.

There are still no abyss dungeons for lower levels when it has been a constant complaint from new and old players. The older nest content is being left behind again so instead of opting to have lots of nests worth doing there are only a small handful. I don't understand why they don't update them so they keep up with the current cap. The new nightmare dungeon just feels like a place for them to dump old bosses and mobs. Time limited overpowered Genesis accessories that are basically only there as a desperate attempt to keep people playing. Nothing being done about the gold problems surrounding the game. Nothing being done about difficulty complaints. Why is there not a higher difficulty than Hardcore for every nest for players with more than above average gear? Dailies that just feel like you're gambling your time for a broken title. Those new engraving scrolls giving more advantage to cash users.There are so many other issues it would take forever to describe them all.

Dragon Nest right now just feels like a shell of its former self from years ago. They're just pushing so many people away from the game with their constantly increasing focus on cash items. It's like they don't care at all about retaining lots of players but only the ones who are already heavily invested in the game. The game was so much more active before but it feels like it's slowly being killed. It's a shame because under the mess there is a fun game to be had but they don't want to clean it up. They had a chance post transfer. The population was booming but the ship has sailed. It's unfortunate.
    Last edited by PotatoFries; 11-24-2016, 05:49 PM.

agree with all of that

that gold gacha just feels like a slap in the face to the people asking for a reasonable gold injection to help the game

Comment

it's no surprise that casuals get turned away from the game. it keeps getting more and more p2w. that new vip coupon is bonkers along with the iona acc set you mentioned

the lack of variety in content/difficulty at endgame is just another thing. there's just lots of other games they can go to that have microtransactions or sub fees but arent pay to win and are still sucessful and more popular than this game with more to do.

it really does suck cause not many games have the same feel of control as this game.

Comment

• BokWaLa
        BokWaLa commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you. T.T

But every endgame player said that I don't have to buy NX

I can work hard for my gear!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiyara View Post
        But every endgame player said that I don't have to buy NX

I can work hard for my gear!
        Said as they have to sell their own soul and all the NX in existance to refine their RDNL +11 to +12 :^)

Comment

As a F2P player, I am quite happy with this patch
          Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

I dont really get all the fuss the epic set is the best set now and that is buyable in the marketplace so I dont see why people are saying thats p2w, ill admit the Iona set is pretty stupid but i think its cuz we are basicly following cherry credits now so blame them ED is only new to actually hosting a server and things may change.

| Youtube | Discord: Leichel#8821

Comment

The Iona set was inevitable. If people followed future updates, they should have known how much stronger Iona was. It's like when Rajuul or Kalahan hit, I wonder how many people will complain about those
              Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

so many bugs this update.

its so obvious that they're just milkin all the players hard now before they leave and shutdown the game.

theyre gonna start 2017 with a bang and the only thing getting banged up is Dragon Nest NA.
                2017 omega Cringe edition!!!

Comment

Don't worry guys. We will get a service transfer soon. Nexon won't ruin our DN playing experience anymore.

Comment

gm leftclick will save us

Comment

This isn't P2W, This isnt broken content releasing. Get that through your guy's head. All of us have been in shaggy drapes the entire time and now we have a new pair of shoes and a suit. As said by Zues, We have a future content section for a reason. The first costume I ever bought was the Jingle bell christmas costume back in 40 cap, Since then I payed attention to what content that was going to be released before I thought about buy anything related to what stats you're gonna get. I think the main frustration here is that we kinda know that ED reads the forums, but they are not reading what we want them to really read, AND we also want a reply. The only annoyance with ED for me is that they have yet to really talk to us.

If they were to talk to us, both the community and ED would be more considerate to each other's concerns and gain a over all better understanding. Till then things are probably going to stay like this with 2 random threads calling ED every couple weeks.

-Edit-> I'm F2P and play a lot less than my team reason why im the poorest. But since playing from 40 cap, I've always somehow managed to stay update on the latest "'P2W" trends, and if I didn't, that trend ended real quick and everyone forgot about it.

Comment

The synth set is good for f2p players because it lets them get the best costume stats through in game marketplace.

The gold eggs are ED responding to certain complaints about the economy/gold injection. It's actually incredibly tame compared to what SEA has right now and ED is taking advice from cherry credits so I'm not upset. It might not be the best way of injecting gold but it does a bit without making the game completely p2w.
                        (edit: gonna add that we got tons of drop events for people that wanted the gold injection to be earned gold in-game)

It's Black Friday, remember nexon's "spend like $100 for 400 fd 3 set" from last year? It's the sale of the year, don't expect this stuff every patch.

Also I'd like to remind everyone that we STILL get 500 DNP a day, so even f2p can get like 10 iona eggs to have a chance at part of the set.
                        Last edited by SwiftTyphoon; 11-25-2016, 01:45 PM.
                        Stat pics!
                        SwiftTyphoon | Sparrow
                        TurtleDove | Seagull

Comment

This game would be a million times better without all the cash shop garbage and it's one of the reasons along with the ones talked about in the op why the game has struggled to even reach 1k concurrent players in NA for years.

The only people left are the ones that have become so numb to it or are already 30 feet deep into Eyedentity's scheme.
                          2017 omega Cringe edition!!!

Comment

• CiRRAV
                            CiRRAV commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The cash shop garbage wasn't used to clear the hardest content in the game bud

This game is never going to change. It's just been dragging itself through the mud for years.

Comment

Working...
                          X