No announcement yet.

Can we not do Military Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my 5 years of reading forums, I've seen a lot of dumb threads. This might not be the most dumb thread I've read, but it certainly is, by far, the most dumb debate I've witnessed on Dragon Nest forums.

The game isn't dying because people can't read a clock. It's not turning away Americans from the game either.

There are way more issues on Dragon Nest that a 24 hour clock.
    Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

it doesn't drive away users from the games and I emphasized that part was a tad bit exaggerated, but it was for the sake of a simple flowchart. in the end, a lot of misunderstandings (despite how easy reading 24 hr time is for you people) may come out of it. optimal results will not be obtained with 24 hr time listings for events for Dragon Nest's United States (by URL) or North American server.

it's bad marketing period. it seems negligible, and it's noticeably marginal at best, but it's bad marketing and a problem that can easily be fixed without qualms from both parties. if anything, it contributes to the problem, but no one finds it "pressing" enough to fix it.

sure there are more pressing issues, but that's for another thread.

dumb debate, negligible results at best, but highlights how the community deals with a lot of problems... also goes to show any semblance of a "real" argument devolves into something closely as "get over it" or shit posting. maybe a little cherry picking here and there. either way tons of fallacies from a lot of people i didn't expect it from.

disclaimer:
      i don't care. arguing for argument sake. don't really care about 24hr format "issue.
      Dragoon
      TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Marines and oh I don't know, most of this great world's means of doing so. But go america I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
          dumb debate, negligible results at best, but highlights how the community deals with a lot of problems...
          By arguing about concerns that are so trivial that even the most trivial in-game issue isn't trivial enough to match?

Has this community REALLY fallen so low that a 24-hour clock is a more pressing concern than the fact that we STILL don't have 93 enhancement transfer OR the ability to SS rare eyecash accessories?

Comment

holy shit just drop it jfc.
            AYY LMAO BAN HAMMER.png

Comment

Tbh, as said above there's no point in further discussion at this point. If you strongly believe that they should go 12 hour instead of 24 hour, then just go vote for it on their facebook.

Comment

There is no point in further discussion when the community refuses to discuss it beyond a specific point. You're right on that point, but that's probably a good reason why some things aren't ever going to be fixed. I really would like people to try to at least comprehend what I wrote instead of skimming then shoving words into my mouth that I didn't really say.

BowieSage No it hasn't, it just belongs in another topic.
                Dragoon
                TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

This game must be in an excellent position if all people are complaining about is military time being used.

Comment

this thread is silly kek

Comment

BowieSage No it hasn't, it just belongs in another topic.
                      You missed my point there. My point was: this topic REALLY didn't need more than 50-60 replies (didn't even really need 30. It's not that severe of a concern to warrant it), and yet for whatever reason, this thread alone has 90+ posts. And it's a thread that's arguing about the time format noted on a forum event (which not everyone in the entire population reads, might I add) and not a thread about in-game issues and concerns, which makes it more insane that this thread somehow got so many replies by itself (by which I mean the posts/replies aren't split among multiple threads like with a lot of threads noting in-game issues).

The only question I have to ask concerning this is...why?
                      Last edited by BowieSage; 12-11-2016, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowieSage View Post

You missed my point there. My point was: this topic REALLY didn't need more than 50-60 replies (didn't even really need 30. It's not that severe of a concern to warrant it), and yet for whatever reason, this thread alone has 90+ posts. And it's a thread that's arguing about the time format noted on a forum event (which not everyone in the entire population reads, might I add) and not a thread about in-game issues and concerns, which makes it more insane that this thread somehow got so many replies by itself (by which I mean the posts/replies aren't split among multiple threads like with a lot of threads noting in-game issues).

The only question I have to ask concerning this is...why?
                        i dont like when people put words in my mouth and feel obligated to correct them

then i realized it's like talking to a brick wall and my posts were still not being read in its entirety

so this happened.

if someone wanted bugs to be fixed as adamantly as I argued against 24hr time (which in the grand scheme of things wasn't even all that much), then they should do so, but not without merit, which a lot of users do here.

on another note:
                        in regards to your original comment, i think everything that needs to be said has been said about the issues you talked about. It's pretty unanimous that people want these features so there's not really much to discuss. if people wanted to talk about the benefits, they should go into detail about it i guess, but no one really puts forth effort in valid discussion on what developers may find as subjective issues.
                        Last edited by aaron; 12-11-2016, 08:34 PM.
                        Dragoon
                        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

then i realized it's like talking to a brick wall
                          This is exactly how I feel.

Having military time isn't poor marketing because it isn't even part of their marketing. What game markets time zone over in game features?

When you first download this game, is the 24 hour clock going to make you not want to play?
                          Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyZeuS View Post

This is exactly how I feel.

Having military time isn't poor marketing because it isn't even part of their marketing. What game markets time zone over in game features?

When you first download this game, is the 24 hour clock going to make you not want to play?
                            i never said 24 hr was marketed as a feature of the game. marketing goes far beyond talking about impressive features of the game to attract audience. lastly i'm not prioritizing this as the number one fix. if this is how you saw my post, please reread it because your response is running on a tangent. this is also how i know you're summarizing my post and creating your own conclusion... hence brick wall. well, you and like the 10 other people in this thread.

from someone who graduated as a marketing major and works as a marketing consultant:
                            PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>when you see game events on the front main page, the date is written in mm.dd.yyyy. the only country that does this (or the country with the biggest market) is the united states... this means that the game's target market is undoubtedly the united states. because the united states is not accustomed to 24 hr time, a lot of misunderstandings (despite how easy reading 24 hr time is for you people) may come out of it, especially over am/pm format. optimal results will not be obtained with 24 hr time listings for events for Dragon Nest's United States (by URL) or North American server. so when you market events in 24 hr, you're potentially losing out on more players attending the event because 1. they can't read the time and aren't bothered to learn about it. 2. may make a mistake telling time, because human errors still happen. 3. the main player base who this game's version is marketed towards can't instantaneously read time event time, leaving more room for error.<<<<<<<<<<!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ

if you need a real life example:
                            say you live in the us and own a bakery. you sample your bread in parks, let everyone know your about your bakery. word of mouth makes your bakery kind of popular, but you want even more people to come to your bakery. your bakery has good reviews and is pretty established, but you want to become the best bakery in town or want to solidify yourself into the market forever. you decide you want to host a promotion. the promotion is 50% off all bread between 1800hrs-2000hrs (or 6pm - 8pm). you post your promotion in 24hr format, but you get maybe one or two extra customers for that day. why is that? your intended market can't instantaneously tell time in 24hr and probably aren't bothered to convert it because the average attention span is short. you just killed off the majority of your future clients who would have came in had they know about the event was at 6pm-8pm. while it's not exactly this the case for dragon nest, it's similar due to the intended market. if your game market is in the us, why would you cause them more (small) trouble to attend your events? just dumb, hence bad marketing.

you might think this is trivial at best, but it's a problem, while small, but still a problem in my eyes. funny thing is that despite the what everyone thinks of as a higher priority to fix, this problem can be easily fixed with solutions listed in this thread. fixing this problem won't detract from actual bugs and glitches nor am i saying this is a high priority. it's a very low priority fix, but it was very shoddily handled by the community, like most problems. it's funny how adamantly i argued for am/pm, the opposition was twice as adamant about 24hr and refused to listen. it's a wonder things don't get fixed eh?

if you can't understand the point i'm making after this, then i really don't know how else to explain it to you. officially done with this topic from this point forward.

disclaimer:
                            dont care about 24hr issue. could have it any way, as long as the time is clearly indicated. legitimately salty about how the community as a whole goes about to address almost every single problem.
                            Last edited by aaron; 12-11-2016, 11:40 PM.
                            Dragoon
                            TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

I'm not going to read your entire useless post that you just made because I simply don't have time for idiots. You failed your initial argument so you redirected to marketing. I quote the following:

nvm i'm just going to shift my point to it's bad marketing for DN period. this should be more digestible... hopefully.

DN NA (or DN US as the url implies) is marketed towards the united states. everyone else is included too, but fact remains it's mainly for the united states. month, date, year is also a US format. putting 24hr is just dumb when everything else is Americanized. marketing event times in 24hr format when your main market are americans is just stupid. at this point i'm not arguing whether or not 24hr is hard, but it's just plain stupid to do it like that, at least in marketing terms. if they ever change the formatting for month day year to day month year, then i hope these same arguments from the same people arise.

anyways enjoyed everyone's feedback, but would appreciate it if you would respond to more than just a hiccup in my statements tenks!!!!!!!!!!

if anything just salty that people are telling me irrelevant things that don't pertain to what i'm saying in the first place.
                              Now you claim:

i never said 24 hr was marketed as a feature of the game. marketing goes far beyond talking about impressive features of the game to attract audience. lastly i'm not prioritizing this as the number one fix. if this is how you saw my post, please reread it because your response is running on a tangent. this is also how i know you're summarizing my post and creating your own conclusion... hence brick wall. well, you and like the 10 other people in this thread.
                              The fact that you keep changing your point means you're not firm on your argument.

You say you don't have trouble converting time, yet the only conversion you did was incorrect.

Then you stated it's annoying and that 24 hours is hard.

This seems more an issue for you than anyone.

You keep stating you don't care, yet you keep arguing back. You dug yourself a grave and you're trying to defend yourself from losing face. You've gone full retard.
                              Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Anyone replying seriously to this thread needs a lobotomy.

Truthfully: you are all equally, cognitively inadequate.

Comment

Working...
                                X