No announcement yet.

Can we not do Military Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigh. you're literally coming up with your own/jumping to conclusions again.

i never changed my point. to clarify:

my first point is:
    24hr alienates the intended market.

my more broadened and digestible point is:
    it's bad marketing because 24 hr format alienates the intended market (ie not americanized).............

which is the same thing... i just tried to make it more digestible for people to understand.

work on your reading comprehension skills before calling someone a full retard.

anyways, thanks for cherry picking a sarcastic/joke post to try to invalidate me... but you know point still stands. that's called confirmation bias man.

i don't like when people misinterpret what i say, so final post maybe. insult me, sure, don't really care for it, but something about your comprehension is shot.

Originally posted by aaron View Post
    Oops. 24hr time is hard.

Anyways, my main point still stands and would rather not be invalidated over a simple human error that's not relevant to my actual point. That's called cherry picking : (.
    Originally posted by Ragnell View Post
    Anyone replying seriously to this thread needs a lobotomy.

Truthfully: you are all equally, cognitively inadequate.
    yes.
    Last edited by aaron; 12-12-2016, 01:12 AM.
    Dragoon
    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Another thread to save under "looks like shitposting but it's not"
      afks

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
        PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>when you see game events on the front main page, the date is written in mm.dd.yyyy. the only country that does this (or the country with the biggest market) is the united states... this means that the game's target market is undoubtedly the united states. because the united states is not accustomed to 24 hr time, a lot of misunderstandings (despite how easy reading 24 hr time is for you people) may come out of it, especially over am/pm format. optimal results will not be obtained with 24 hr time listings for events for Dragon Nest's United States (by URL) or North American server. so when you market events in 24 hr, you're potentially losing out on more players attending the event because 1. they can't read the time and aren't bothered to learn about it. 2. may make a mistake telling time, because human errors still happen. 3. the main player base who this game's version is marketed towards can't instantaneously read time event time, leaving more room for error.<<<<<<<<<<!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE READ
        While I only quote part of it, please note that I have read your post in its entirety.

Being 100% honest, I agree with you but I believe that you take it slightly too far. Have people missed events due to the time? Yes. Have people been confused at the event due to the time? Yes. Do I answer people's questions about when the event starts because they can't figure out the time? Yes.

All of the above is why I want the 24 hour format in. "Wait... you WANT people to be confused?". In a way, yes. Let me explain. I learned about the 24 hour format from a previous MMO. If I had not learned it from there, then I will be a part of the mass that would be completely confused by it. I want people who don't normally see this format to be exposed by it. I essentially want them to learn it some way or another. Is it Eyedentity's job to teach their player-base about this? No. Is this their intention? No. But it's an indirect learning lesson for people. Do you truly want people to live their life and never know of this? Even if it's hardly used in the daily life of someone from the States, it's still good knowledge to have. I don’t want people that "...aren't bothered to learn about it."

If people vote to not have it, then fine. But I still hope that they learn about it through some mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Aisuru View Post

Being 100% honest, I agree with you but I believe that you take it slightly too far. Have people missed events due to the time? Yes. Have people been confused at the event due to the time? Yes. Do I answer people's questions about when the event starts because they can't figure out the time? Yes.

All of the above is why I want the 24 hour format in. "Wait... you WANT people to be confused?". In a way, yes. Let me explain. I learned about the 24 hour format from a previous MMO. If I had not learned it from there, then I will be a part of the mass that would be completely confused by it. I want people who don't normally see this format to be exposed by it. I essentially want them to learn it some way or another. Is it Eyedentity's job to teach their player-base about this? No. Is this their intention? No. But it's an indirect learning lesson for people. Do you truly want people to live their life and never know of this? Even if it's hardly used in the daily life of someone from the States, it's still good knowledge to have. I don’t want people that "...aren't bothered to learn about it."

If people vote to not have it, then fine. But I still hope that they learn about it through some mean.
          Hot diggidy damn! Preach brutha preach!!!!
          Just coz the time format is inconvenient for you, doesn't mean you can't learn to deal with it. Aus players been dealing with deciphering PST time since DN started!
          IGN: AngelicOtaku - Saint

Comment

What is wrong with all of you, time format is nothing to have 6 pages of arguments over. I'd like a 12 hour one but if they keep the 24 hour one I wont really care its not that big of a deal. It's not one of the many problems that are making me consider leaving again.

Hell lets just have both, why does it have to be one we have multiple time zones playing.

Comment

Working...
            X