My Thoughts on the Dragon Hunt Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Thoughts on the Dragon Hunt Event

I think it's really great! Similar to Saint's Haven Defense with the following pros and cons:

- Community bonding
    - Public class variation
    - AFKers in the back leeching
    - Time/Money hungry players

​​​​​What I like about the contrast from SHD to this new event is that it brings nostalgia from older caps. In addition, that these dragon nest's complexity were preordained and they were really rewarding to conquer.

Having new players who weren't exposed to these nests, or haven't set foot into the challenging raid atmosphere, sparks opportunity for them to overcome these (I lost my train of thought here).

I feel like this was a great way to encourage new players into bringing them into this atmosphere. Their ambition to be able to do what we've conquered months past. Being able to teach them mechs that weren't handicapped with visible indicators that we anticipated naturally.

- - - And, of course, It conflicts well with the veterans, to those who favor clear time for fast rewards. - - -

Been in a fair amount of parties that steam-roll through bosses, with no fear to acknowledge mechanics because of one godly modifier: unlimited res. No, it should not be removed. The only sake of it being there is for new players to rub dirt on their mistakes and learn from it along the way. Which could also be a petty excuse to skip mechanics.

I'm glad, though, I have been able to meet new players willing to learn mechanics as a whole party, cooperating. And sometimes, there's fatigue with other members who want to get it over with. Realizing you can't appeal to everyone, adding to the fact it's a random queue of people.

Maybe, it never hit me how this event can be separated in terms of ideal. What matters most? For me, I know that these rewards will always be the same quality. You can leave with them and go about your day. But, being able to teach and having them replicate it feels precious to me.

That's just my thought on this event. Thank you.

• || Art toombles: http://fizintine.tumblr.com/ || Twitwi-chi stream: https://www.twitch.tv/fizintine || •

to be honest, there's no point in trying to please the fast clear time people. There's nothing wrong with leaving in that problem when the fixes will probably just be more annoying than slow runs ever were.

Comment

Working...
    X