Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the class you main was heavily nerfed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This happened to Saint during 80 cap, although it was far less 'nerfed', and a lot more 'devs crippled us with a bug that took nearly a year to fix'. Meanwhile the rest of the world moved forward with new classes and an elemental meta.

I stuck with Saint due to massive pride, but now I look back and kinda regret it. For I lost a lot of friends and connections during that era, and I haven't recovered since despite having a certain reputation. I imagine the same happened to lots of players of other classes over the years due to this cycle (and even worse due to lacking that certain reputation).

Comment

I started as an Engineer, then moved to a Raven in 70 patch. Went back to Shooting Star during 80 patch. Started a Gladiator in 90 patch. Mained Gladiator and main-alt is my Lunar Knight this current level cap. I have no trouble adjusting, but I prefer Swordsmen play style the most. If they got nerfed hard, I'd shift back towards Shinobis most likely. I would like to try clerics, but their nerf bat history is crazy. Gearing a DPS cleric requires the means and resources as well. I have the means, but will likely never have the resources.
      Dragoon
      TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

To simplify OP's question, are you a carebear cùnt that can't let go of your teddy bear or are you a man, ready to go to war?

The best possible answer is: neither- playing the game fundamentally supports Kim Jong-un. Stop assimilating your mindset with the Korean terrorists. Don't be a cùnt.

Comment

Story of priests life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnell View Post
            To simplify OP's question, are you a carebear cùnt that can't let go of your teddy bear or are you a man, ready to go to war?

The best possible answer is: neither- playing the game fundamentally supports Kim Jong-un. Stop assimilating your mindset with the Korean terrorists. Don't be a cùnt.
            What keeps you coming back?
            Dragoon
            TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

• Ragnell
              Ragnell commented
              Editing a comment
              Seems and sounds that way, to you. Thanks for your baseless observation.

• aaron
              aaron commented
              Editing a comment
              >gives a basis
              >told is baseless

ok.

Anyways, question dodging aside, you should practice what you preach.

• Ragnell
              Ragnell commented
              Editing a comment
              One can state a thing, be it true or not; while another may interpret however they please. This is the internet, and if you're naive enough to puzzle together a supposed base of information with nothing but conjecture to reach a supposed conclusion, you are in vast need of red pills. Unless you have conclusive evidence to support your claims, your pseudo-intellectual front is void of purpose.

Once upon a time, I was balls deep with this game and have thus built a strong foundation of knowledge pertaining to it, despite having left it. People talk outside the game about it, and word of changes travel fast within my circle. If you have nothing more to add to your desperate baiting attempt for information, do see to it that you improve on your fallacies as the current display was an eyesore.
              Last edited by Ragnell; 01-10-2017, 12:19 AM.

Nope... I play as screamer since kali was released. If anybody did it too, may know how hard it was to find party or anything just because you wasn't dancer. I made a alt elestra to help farm to my SE, and hopefully dont be kicked because i was decently geared. Even when my shine cap was only 70 cap, i didnt stopped playing them (i had both screammers for love sake.. Lately i lvled all kalis). Now im still playing it as main becuz yes u.u

In short, no. I wouldn't give up my main, probably lvl up some alts to help farming. But never give up.

Comment

Lot to say on this topic, but who really cares. Let people play how they want, but at the same time let them know the consequences. End of the day this games raids end up so easy people can lose a couple members to sell to carries which to me really shows how little classes really matter that you can just give up slots.

Comment

warrior was heavy neft, we used to be cool and now we lose the ability to save people, become the only class to run, lost the girls, lost everything! still playing warrior.

Comment

that's fine when warriors being in 1/3 of an idn team comp isnt anything out of the ordinary

unless it includes barbarian
                  Last edited by (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻; 01-08-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Gotta agree with Queen and SachiMizora because it's better to play a mainstream class to contribute something to the raid rather than nothing, while in the meantime still use those mainstream classes to gear up the main characters you want to play. Not a bad idea, just a different way to make gold.
                    Discord ID: Bubzie#2895

*Noticed* -Yaya

Comment

It really depends on how invested you are into your character too. For people like me switching isn't really an option
                      Discord : * Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ *#4267
                      Main Character : Aelphaeis

Comment

I shouldn't be forced into playing something mainstream just because they decided to trash my main. If I found myself to be absolutely useless in raids then I would probably take a break from the game
                        “We don't inherit an identity; we get to invent it. And we get to re-invent ourselves as often as we like. And that means that every day, when you wake up in the morning, you have to decide what kind of person you want to be.” - Barry Schwartz

Comment

Imo most people who complain about not finding a raid team on their "useless" class are also probably not geared enough because gear makes up for lack of dmg. Sure the gear would be "more effective" on an op class but what if you don't like/don't know how to play flavor-of-the-month classes? There's a line that has to be drawn somewhere. Basically the more geared you are the better your chances of finding a team, so your class choice matters less.

Sure playing an op class reduces the gear pressure like how playing a support "requires less gear" so that's why people bandwagon. But all the high end teams every member have the same/similar gear regardless of class, because even supports need to be geared. I don't see how a team with a mix of op dps and weaker dps will fail, if everyone is actually really skilled and geared. Its the more casual teams that don't have the same time/gear/money commitment they absolutely require the perfect/easiest class comp to succeed because they get stuck in that mindset and are unwilling to try strategies that take advantage of class strengths, and only see weakness.

in the case of defensio, most people say they're bad because they don't provide bubble. But there are teams with sader tank, and sader don't provide bubble. So really it's just a lack of good defensios playing and the small population of the game that fuels this whole class discrimination. If there were more people, then the proportion of people who are more open-minded would increase.
                          Last edited by ceruulean; 01-09-2017, 05:33 PM.
                          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                          Who guards the guardians?

Comment

If you can't play the class you enjoy most playing what's the point???

If you're playing this game to please others, what's the point???

You play this game to have fun, if you're playing this game to have someone tell you what to do or what to be just so you can "progress" with them then you got some issues you need to work on. Only weak players follow game meta anyways, the truly skillful players find ways around this. They either play multiple classes (keeping their original class/es) or continue to gear up their character so they're not the liability people make them out to be, stupid OP gear will make any class do damage.

To everyone reading this, please take all comments for what they are, personal biased opinions based on what these individuals value. Most here are going to tell you to play the class you like to play and piss on those who tell you differently. Unless you want to be one of those people that play a game for others, if you can derive enjoyment out of being manipulated for the sake of others then by any means go for it .

To all those that will defend telling people to class change to benefit the team, shame on you. If you truly care about the people in your team/community, you wouldn't tell them to play a class you or your team would prefer(way to back up a friend/teammate :c), you would help them to enjoy playing the class they enjoy and find ways to make them better suited for your party and help overcome the classes weaknesses...

Play the class you enjoy playing otherwise you won't be playing for long and all you're doing is advancing someone else's enjoyment of the game.

(Think about it people, you pick a class, others don't like it cuz it hurts their chances of progression, they tell you to class change for the group but what they really mean is for themselves and you're left with probably a class you don't want to play and now feel obligated to continue so that all the initial time you put in isn't worthless. Just be mindful and don't let this pattern even start for you - play the class you enjoy the most and find friends/players that will encourage you to enjoy playing the class you enjoy - free advice)
                            Last edited by ILLbeURdeath; 01-09-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Aisuru
                              Aisuru commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Huh.

I agree with you?

• ILLbeURdeath
                              ILLbeURdeath commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Okay thanks?

LK for life

Comment