Where do the devs talk to us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the devs talk to us?

Do they ever communicate proactively in anyway besides tossing out a dev blog & changing the graphics of the homepage or nah?

*unrelated: anyone playing SEA Revelation or NA closed beta? Assuming no1 bought founder pack, since BDO flopped and whatnot despite the hype
    Last edited by Jay; 01-10-2017, 10:09 PM.

They don't communicate with us directly, moreso just through some posts and their Facebook page.

As for Revelation, I bought the Founders pack and haven't done anything since download the game after first alpha. Will probably refund it.

Comment

I see, so they haven't designated a "community manager" of somesort yet, it's been quite a while since merge though. Didn't they promote a couple people to be player-forum-mods or something? Or whatever that rank is called, kinda like what Alice was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        I see, so they haven't designated a "community manager" of somesort yet, it's been quite a while since merge though. Didn't they promote a couple people to be player-forum-mods or something? Or whatever that rank is called, kinda like what Alice was.
        We have a designed community manager with Yaya and some other Bunny mod's name that eludes my mind.

We do not have player forum mods.
        Dragoon
        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post

We have a designed community manager with Yaya and some other Bunny mod's name that eludes my mind.

We do not have player forum mods.
          Ah that's a relief to see, I heard that the forums were extremely chaotic a while ago, about some banned person ragequitting and spamming dìck pics and tons of advert bots & whatnot. But people probably still get more detailed and proactive updates about the game on cherry credits/duowan I'm guessing? They get the updates and the news first, despite us being the direct server now?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post

Ah that's a relief to see, I heard that the forums were extremely chaotic a while ago, about some banned person ragequitting and spamming dìck pics and tons of advert bots & whatnot. But people probably still get more detailed and proactive updates about the game on cherry credits/duowan I'm guessing? They get the updates and the news first, despite us being the direct server now?
            Still is, in a sense. A lot of negativity going on and expectations being held way too high. Not sure about RQ drama. I try not to participate in that. Issues with forum spam bots spamming random advertisements in Korean still exist though.

CherryCredits and Duowan get better service than we do because North America, at this point, is pretty much an afterthought. In a sense, we're serviced by CherryCredits directly, considering our tickets are dealt by them. We're not really a direct server nor do we have "direct contact" with the developers still. Just a by the way.
            Dragoon
            TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

• Jay
              Jay commented
              Editing a comment
              that's disappointing to hear, being an afterthought means we still have all the problems we had pre-merge. I am beginning to empathize with the people who huddle and play on the overseas servers, where the economy and infrastructure of the game is much different than here's

• aaron
              aaron commented
              Editing a comment
              Hm, my apologizes. I wouldn't necessarily say we are an afterthought. We are serviced by CherryCredits in terms of tickets and account issues. They do the investigation for our account bans for example, but we're not "officially" serviced by them. We do not share their official forums nor do we have official "Game Masters". We do have Game Masters, but they come from SEA. I talked to one in game and they told me they were based in SEA at the moment. This is the reason why I say we are an afterthought. In reality, we just have less access to our own service providers lol.

• Jay
              Jay commented
              Editing a comment
              But based on how things have gone so far, we do seem more and more like afterthoughts...it's causing this server to deteriorate, not being optimized like the rest of them
              Last edited by Jay; 01-14-2017, 05:41 PM.

"Weekly Behind-the-Scenes Video Change

Hi all,

It's the start of a whole new year, and as we said in our bumper Year Ahead video last week, changes are afoot. Over the next six months, we'll be shifting from a headline update most weeks towards quarterly expansions.

As part of this, we're rethinking how we use the time of our talented video guys, and that starts with a change to the weekly BTS videos.

Essentially, from this point on, there won't necessarily be a BTS video every Friday.
            Why?

As we make the transition towards expansions, there will be more patch weeks, more quality of life improvements – the sort of updates that don't necessarily lend themselves to a video preview.

More importantly, we've heard your feedback, and are committed to holding more information back. When we release headline content, we want to surprise you more often, and bring back that thrill of exploration and discovery. This is an opportunity for us to be more selective about what we show you and when, allowing our updates to shine brightest at the point of their release. What's Coming Instead?

First things first – the 'Month Ahead' videos are staying. By focusing on the monthly preview, the team will have more freedom to pick and choose what they show, more flexibility to keep the really juicy bits secret, and more time to make it even better than before.

We'll also be focusing more on video content that involves you early in the development process, such as Dev Diaries, and on lovely video assets that'll spread the word far and wide.

And of course, we'll still roll out traditional, BTS-style videos when we have something amazing that we just can't wait for you to see!

Next week, make your yearly trip to the Fremennik Province to hunt the Winter Wolves, and discover a pirate-tastic event on the shores south of Lumbridge.

Have fun, and we'll see you in game!

The RuneScape Team"
            Last edited by Jay; 01-15-2017, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Jay
              Jay commented
              Editing a comment
          Working...
          X