My problems with this game. [RANT]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My problems with this game. [RANT]

DISCLAIMER: Funnily enough this is my opinion.

I never really liked Nexon, but I had always held them in a higher regard than Cherry Credits; and the transfer is proving my point.
    I despised the transition from Magic grade costumes to Rare grade costumes when they first came out, but it was nothing compared to my disdain for the Marine set.
    Personally I absolutely hate how "Pay to Win" this game has become with it's EC accessories and costumes, especially the fact that it is against the rules still to sell EC, I don't particularly like people being able to gold buy but it's a lot better than this massive gap between "Free to Play" and "Pay to Win", I understand there will be somewhat of a gap with premium items available to people who pay real money, but come on, does it have to be a huge as it is now?
    Every other server is able to trade and sell EC items via the marketplace, why don't we have this feature yet?

My second issue it the gold influx vs gold sink ratio.
    The reason why our economy sucks ass right now is because we don't have enough gold coming into the server compared to the gold being eaten by enhancing, buying items from the Lament shop, buying items from the Aura shop (with the exclusion of the Legendary Ice Dragon Main Weapon Converter). the Goddess Medal shop.
    I take issue with items costing x material + gold, I believe that it should purely be with the material (Lament/Aura/Medals/etc).
    The removal of the old farm crops was a serious blow to the economy, with apple of life being the only viable crop to farm for a large sum of gold.
    Hate apple farming as much as you want to, but it is one of the things trying to keep the economy ticking.
    The enhancement of Legendary Ice Dragon gear is just ridiculous, EVERY PIECE IS AS EXPENSIVE AS THE MAINHAND. Admittedly this issue would be a LOT worse if the stats were still primarily on the enhancement instead of the base, but the expense of it all is too much for NA at this moment.
    Removing gold flows such as Abyss mode dungeons (below cap level) and the farm was a huge mistake on the developers part. Gold injections from EC items such as Golden Eggs are nonsense, just another excuse to throw money at this poorly managed game.

My third issue is the decline in PvE nest/raid/dungeon quality.
    Prior to 90 cap the game's content presented a challenge, punishing you for being hit and having decent mechanics. Ice Dragon Nest had it alright for a little while, but then it was made easy with revives. I realise that Ice Dragon Nest was going to get revives as we did not get it in it's corresponding cap, but now all the content is easy facerolling.
    I was initially excited to see the revamped nests from earlier caps being reworked, except to my dismay when they were released, they had become excessively less challenging, even the Hardcore modes.
    I'm disappointed in the quality decline of content, I play this game because of its combat system and how well it flows against other MMO's, however the combat system being the only positive about this game right now is making many people turn away from this game.
    This needs to be a time where the Dragon Nest developers step up their game as newer MMO's are released. This game isn't going to forever be able to call on peoples nostalgia for players. FIX AND ADVERTISE YOUR GAME.

My fourth issue is the amount of bugs and glitches still in the game since we first transferred in September 2016.
    Tying in with the gold problem, golden goblins have been broken for MONTHS now and all we have been told is "the developers are looking into it". Sorry, but that isn't good enough for the time frame it has been an issue.
    The bugs each Awakening class has upon release is absolutely unforgivable. EYEdentity is as bad as EA in the sense that they both ship unfinished content.
    There is a whole bug report thread in general discussion and only recently have CC and ED spoken up about acknowledging these problems.
    I understand CC having two other servers to manage, but talk about biting off more than you can chew, those two servers are going to shit as much as NA is.

Lastly and most importantly to me, is the lack of communication between the players, the game masters and the developers.
    The sheer amount of backlogged tickets and the complaints from players is sad, with most tickets being ignored and closed after receiving an automatic response.
    There has only been one time the community has seen a GM in game trying to answer questions. Props to Hobbs.
    Yaya and Visage have made minimal effort to respond to and moderate posts on the forums, the thought of bots even having a chance to spread all over the forum is repulsive.
    Hire more people if you really need to, don't be stingy or this game will die. One would think with the amount of P2W being forced down our throats you guys would be able to afford it.

My hopes is for the community and game masters to read this and start a discussion about it.
    To be honest the only things keeping me on this game is the combat and my dedication to it. I've quit this game previously in 2015 for Tera, but came back to it because Tera's combat couldn't live up to Dragon Nest's, but I found that EnMasse's support team is leaps and bounds better than Dragon Nest's, as well as the amount of bugs the patches have comparatively.

Didn't want to put this in rants and raves, no one goes in there.
    Whether you agree with my points or not, I hope this will start a discussion and just maybe some change. Trying to be optimistic. Thanks for taking the time to read, Peace.
    Last edited by Ardelline; 01-13-2017, 09:11 PM.

⋆OTIUM⋆

honestly i wouldn't mind a month without new content just for bugfixes at this point, even though tons of people are bored, guild leaders are getting tired of IDN 8-man already and barely bother doing PKN/TKN just because it feels like a chore

ez fix for op cash shop items: make it give raw stats instead of % based that just makes OP people more OP and disincentives less op people because it doesn't provide that much benefit, like guild leader has told people don't bother with police and shet if you're not geared well
    Last edited by Milithistorian; 01-13-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Ardelline
      Ardelline commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly what I was thinking.

Originally posted by BigBeef
    Instead of making a balanced challenging PVE experience they just keep adding content that feel like chores to do for any veteran player. they need to look at other MMOs and see what they're doing right when it comes to PVE gear balance.

I dont even know what they're doing anymore. Rune Dragon Nest is probably going to be a joke especially with how OP you can get with IDN Ls, broken cash items, cash accessory sets, and genesis accessories.
    Completely agree with you. I hated Black Desert's gameplay but I loved how balanced the gearing system was in it, you had to put in a LOT of effort to get even marginally better gear. There was no gear like Legendary Grade on DN, if you wanted the better gear go for it, but you weren't going to get the equivalent of being capped FD in DN.

Another thing about BDO I admired was how they listened to the community, the Korean community wanted the ability to P2W, but there were mass in-game protests on the NA server because they didn't want the game to be that way; so the developers changed the game accordingly. There is less options for p2w on BDO's NA server compared the the KR.

Yaya Visage
    The developers need to take a page out of other MMO's like BDO.
    And for gods sake, give us challenging nests and raids. The fact that IDN only has 3 bosses is just lazy developing, every other raid had an average of 5 unique bosses, including the dragon.

⋆OTIUM⋆

Comment

Oh look. The bots are invading the forums again, further supporting the inactivity of the moderators.

⋆OTIUM⋆

Comment

• Milithistorian
        Milithistorian commented
        Editing a comment
        tbh i don't expect them to be online 24/7 to deal with them, and to their credit the spammers do get deleted in less than 24 hrs

• Ardelline
        Ardelline commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a fair point. Perhaps they should invest in more ways to prevent the bots from posting.

You know what the problem with the game is? There is literally no way to make gold. The other day I saw a gold bot buying gold cause he couldnt make any himself. The amount of people that came to this game with high hopes and went back to their server is outstanding. Literally seen or talked to more than 100 people when the game was alive that quit or went back to SEA because there was no way of making gold. Now the game is just RNG again. I havent even bothered doing any content because its all trash that gives nothing.

Comment

I really don't get where this whole perception of pay to win comes from. I've thrown so much money at Dragon Nest (officially) and I'm still only moderately geared.

I have 6 piece Iona set, all the new police costumes except the hat (weaker than marine hat anyways), full SETS of cash accessories, and etc. I guess I can go under the excuse that I officially started taking DN more serious in the 93 level cap, but still... Cash items can only get you so far. In the end, it's all about the gold, and that's coming from a whale.
        Dragoon
        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

aaron

Point proven.
          Last edited by Ardelline; 01-14-2017, 01:47 AM.

⋆OTIUM⋆

Comment

I like how being a different class can let you do 1/3 more dps compared to someone with better gear. Stacking ex debuffs helped a bit but now you can just do idn with something like saint, adept, dragoon, iw, 4 lunar knights

I don't really have a problem with gold supply - not the same as where you get it from which im not going to say anything about until next update. The only thing it affects is enhancing idnls which:
            - unlike past l grades the enhancement stats are really bad aside from fd
            - you can server storage it
            - what is the point of making the gloves and boots
            Last edited by Lemon; 01-14-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

You guys have more FD and base damage than I have geared and I have similar cash shop gear. Don't get me wrong. Cash shop gear is admittedly a strong power boost, but it's still your gear and other non-cash shop items. There's a huge gold difference and time commitment between my stats and your stats. Whether it's talismans, crests, hero level, etc

When it comes down to it, it's all about the gold... maybe mixed in with time commitment.
              Last edited by aaron; 01-14-2017, 11:02 AM.
              Dragoon
              TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

I never really liked Nexon, but I had always held them in a higher regard than Cherry Credits; and the transfer is proving my point.
                I despised the transition from Magic grade costumes to Rare grade costumes when they first came out, but it was nothing compared to my disdain for the Marine set.
                Personally I absolutely hate how "Pay to Win" this game has become with it's EC accessories and costumes, especially the fact that it is against the rules still to sell EC, I don't particularly like people being able to gold buy but it's a lot better than this massive gap between "Free to Play" and "Pay to Win", I understand there will be somewhat of a gap with premium items available to people who pay real money, but come on, does it have to be a huge as it is now?
                Every other server is able to trade and sell EC items via the marketplace, why don't we have this feature yet?

Response -
                The host of the game is the least of our worries, the problem lies with ED.

Changes in costumes and the release of the marine set do not matter, anybody can acquire cash shop items with in game currency.

Before you reply incorrectly to the statement above, I should say that if you can trade valuable currency in a game, the game is automatically pay to win. If I wanted to, I could buy all the gold I ever wanted and be better than anybody else, even if there was no cash shop. The reality is, is that if you can trade valuable currency then the game is P2W. (Even if you can't, you can buy accounts, games aren't even platforms, just like sports).

Being able to trade Cash shop items on the marketplace is a feature that's already available in NA, you can purchase cash shop currency with gold from other people. Is it the most convinient? No. Would having tradable cash shop items on the marketplace be more convinient? Yes. But why would ED waste time giving you convinience when all you are to them is a wallet with a keyboard.

Elaborating on that point, people need to learn when it comes to F2P MMORPGS like DN, the devs priority isn't trying to make this game better, why would they do that? Spending time and money attempting to improve something is risky, and if your business can get away without needing to do it; you will not do it.

My last statement above explains the rest of your concerns, simply put..

They don't care about you, you're either a bundle of information they sell, or a brainwashed wallet who buys their product.

You're not considered a human in ED's eyes, let alone a customer or consumer. All they plan on doing is keeping you confined here in these forums, so you comfort your fellow players & keep them warm, and then check you up from time to time with Yaya to see if you're still being good zombies.

Please don't take any of this personally, my objective isn't to try to insult anybody. My objective is to hopefully show some of you guys how badly you people are being used sooner than you will naturally will find out.
                Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Shs21
                Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/shs21
                Twitter - https://twitter.com/ShsStream

Comment

• Elasah
                  Elasah commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As extreme as your last part sounds, hopefully you're being sardonic...

but to be honest at this rate it seems to be the case, except they'll satisfy a few players via customer service to, like you said, maintain the minimal levels of satisfaction like animals. The whole tantalizing effect of giving us a taste of what we desire only to deny again later.

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                I really don't get where this whole perception of pay to win comes from. I've thrown so much money at Dragon Nest (officially) and I'm still only moderately geared.

I have 6 piece Iona set, all the new police costumes except the hat (weaker than marine hat anyways), full SETS of cash accessories, and etc. I guess I can go under the excuse that I officially started taking DN more serious in the 93 level cap, but still... Cash items can only get you so far. In the end, it's all about the gold, and that's coming from a whale.
                What are you even saying?

P2W includes buying gold...

Are you sure you're a whale...a true whale would not be complaining about gold
                Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post

"I really don't get where this whole perception of pay to win comes from." "Cash shop gear is admittedly a strong power boost".

So you admit that DN is P2W.

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyZeuS View Post
                    What are you even saying?

P2W includes buying gold...

Are you sure you're a whale...a true whale would not be complaining about gold
                    If it's inclusive of buying gold, yeah, I agree, the game becomes pay to win, but officially I exclude it because rules. I'm not complaining about buying gold, but more so saying Dragon Nest is more centered around gold than it is its own cash shop. I don't think buying EC is as impactful as other claim, but if we want to tack on buying gold, then I agree.

Also I agree EC gives a strong boost, but not entirely necessary in most cases. Gold still trumps EC boosts by a long shot. I should mention most of the additional EC boosts outside of the costume itself come from playing the game or buying it from other users, making it even more gold centric than EC centric.

Anyways, in regards to buying Eyedentity Credits only, it's not pay to win, but pay for a power boost. The bulk of power still comes from items purchased using in game currency or something you earn through dungeons. If you want to venture off towards more unofficial stuff at your own risk, then yes, the game becomes completely pay to win. The issue is, the gold can be made through other means, such as apple farming as well.
                    Last edited by aaron; 01-14-2017, 04:11 PM.
                    Dragoon
                    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

ye m8, those unique costumes eu just got aint p2w at all XD
                      AYY LMAO BAN HAMMER.png

Comment

Originally posted by Queen View Post
                        ye m8, those unique costumes eu just got aint p2w at all XD
                        link? I don't follow DN EU.
                        Dragoon
                        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Working...
                        X