My problems with this game. [RANT]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windhelmguard1 View Post
    For new players the main concern is the game is easy under lv93 to the point where they get bored steamrolling master dungeons. Thus their perception of this game is, its hard to die, requires no skill and is boring. They have not seen the endgame content and most dont realise that max lvl is where the game starts hence they base their judgment on their lvling journey.

This is why most newbies quit.

A solution will be to add back all abyss dungeons below 93. Revamp minotaur nest so it is actually hard because newbies will do this nest first (at lv24) and its so easy to steamroll it, hence their perception of nests is its not challenging (they have not seen IDN or rdn yet)

So add back abyss dungeons with their difficulty intact, revamp mino etc.

Then what turns away new lv93s are the fact most ppl find it hopeless to gain enough resources to get Lgrades or be more OP. Hence this is where we need more gold injection.

A solution can be to add more gold quests done daily, enable us to buy DNP from cashshop and trade dnp e. g sellable cash stuff on MP for Dnp. This is identical to SEA. As a result ppl are more inclined to spend money on cash shop, people can trade cash items on mP using gold or dnp etc. Overall more alive economy plus more ppl have incentive to buy cash items. Win win for ED and us. To do this, perhaps start by making most cash items tradable e. g. Iona wings, shiny flower dragon ring etc.
    This. If a newbie who had just reached 93 for their 1st character wanted to try PKN or TKN for the 1st time, they would get crushed on the 1st boss. Meanwhile an experienced player with some IDNL can steamroll through the nest and probably get nothing from the loot. There is too much of a difference in difficulty for a new player and an experienced player .If people are having trouble with PKN then how would they feel about IDN?
    “We don't inherit an identity; we get to invent it. And we get to re-invent ourselves as often as we like. And that means that every day, when you wake up in the morning, you have to decide what kind of person you want to be.” - Barry Schwartz

Comment

• BasementDweller
      BasementDweller commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda related but I hope the new growth guide that is coming out will help ease new players into the level cap experience. From what I've gathered the lack of information means that new players have no idea what to do and so they go 'hey that daid hc nest looks kinda easy' and like you mention they get destroyed on the first boss. Maybe what DN really needs are helpful quests at cap (is that what the growth guide is?) which gives out gold (kinda help with gold problem I guess) and teaches new players what to do.

Originally posted by Jay View Post

That's why we need to not let them get away with it. It's hard because Ignorance is bliss. If someone has spent the past couple years working their äss off building their account on DNNA's highly inefficient PvE system, of course it's going to hurt for them to hear that the time they spent was a bad investment... they would rather keep the game on the road its going now, and not hear it. Whether or not you were trying to insult them, people will be insulted. Take it from experience~

what's heartbreaking though, is that all the effort people have spent here, could have made them so much happier and brought them to such greater lengths if it was diverted elsewhere~♪
    ^^^^^^^^^ Yes.

⋆OTIUM⋆

Comment

Eh, sadly I'm just contributing to the problem.

Thing is, when you're with some type of company, organization, etc, then eventually you get numb to how they deal with things. Being with Nexon and DN since 2012, and now ED, has pretty much made me ignore a majority of the problems. Super p2w? Meh. You need to farm apples to make gold? Got it. No devs talking to us? Been used to it since the Nexon DFO days...

I will react to certain things, such as not receive Adept awakening for some time or bugged classes. But other things... it's just meh at this point.

I've invested so much time and Dragon Nest has given and taken away so much from my life that I can't really mind the issues anymore.

One real issue would be the difficulty, but that's because you can't have true difficulty in this game. Raids are difficult at the start because people need to gather gear and learn mechanics, but once you start learning then dying is less and less common. You can always add new mechs, but again that's more of a false sense of difficulty. VTN would be a perfect example of a terrible way to implement difficulty. Random shocks occurring during the boss fights? That's not really a skill based thing to avoid, it's just a nuisance. Time limit to kill the boss? All that does is increase class discrimination and elitism. The system at a base level is flawed.

But the combat is so damn fun.

Comment

Originally posted by x_Terminal

You're just salty because you didn't get to transfer.
        What? How can I be salty about not transferring... if I transferred?

⋆OTIUM⋆

Comment

Originally posted by Aisuru View Post
          VTN would be a perfect example of a terrible way to implement difficulty. Random shocks occurring during the boss fights? That's not really a skill based thing to avoid, it's just a nuisance.
          Except ATN had those trials too and they were optional for you to do the trial version. Personally I loved ATN and VTN.

⋆OTIUM⋆

Comment

Gotta admit VTN was sometimes even harder than Bdn hc. Wish they could bring it back out. Them mechs are hard af compared to idn. Yes idn is relatively easy compared to SDn/DDN. Theres no denying that. Also remember p2w is the ones that fund the game. Why complain about them. Im looking for more p2w players so the game stays up. If theres so much problems with the game, dont play it simple as that. No point complaining about it, it didnt get us anywhere with nexon. Its not gonna get us anywhere in ED either. And for people who dont know, support tickets are actually read through, they just dont wanna reply to the same issue over 1000x Yaya did reply that they ackiwledged issues from tickets so relax and be patient. ED are not our mothers to cater for our needs 24/7. Be a little considerate people. Just relax, enjoy whats left of the game and keep saving gold. Ur gear aint enhancing by itself with complaints mang its not how the equation works. Focus on urself and not others, if people have have better gear than you be grateful because at least they clear content to sell runs and items on the marketplace. I.e Idnl accessories.

Also all p2w are EXPECTED to be better because its pay to win. Its like comparing a 2nd hand car with a ferrari. No comparison, this is life.

Theres alot of people that have little to no gold income, find ways to make gold then. If you need tips, start farming twisted fountain and use memory fragments to farm deadmans road using an abundant talisman. Kill boss, leave before clear. Ezpz gold there. NO RNG, just pure grinding. Apple alts isnt the only way to make gold to be honest, dont compare ur gold income with other people cuz they work at different paces. Some people make 20-50k a week, some people make 5k. Regardless it keeps u occupied cuz if u have all the gear already then theres not much of a goal to achieve, thus ur gonna quit anyway. Unless ur into the whole "roleplaying" thing in town Lol.

​PS: im generalising, not pointing fingers at anyone
            Discord ID: Bubzie#2895

*Noticed* -Yaya

Comment

• Bubzie
              Bubzie commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually its from eggs like a majority of the items that we currently get and its also tradeable on the market place from what i hear. No bullshit hybridising crap/synthesizing or whatever its called. Its like selling a unique merc on the. Marketplace sorta. Its gonna be expensive, but its not impossible to obtain. But even if we dont get it, with the current gear u have now, you are still considered above average gear with them L grades. If you can clear the current content already no need to worry too much about unique costumes. Sorta like FD stacking, its not a must to clear content, its simply a luxary to help u clear content faster.

• BowieSage
              BowieSage commented
              Editing a comment
              Some of us aren't really complaining about P2W. For one, I don't have too many problems with P2W/cash shops naturally, since devs have to make money somehow. The problem is when a game starts balancing itself around these P2W features/end-game equipment, practically "forcing" you to spend money (or already be in end-game equipment from previous caps) just to be able to do content reliably, assuming it's possible to clear without them. I honestly have to say that 80 cap, imo, came pretty close to that (for those who don't know, my main gripe with 80 cap wasn't the difficulty of the mechanics or dungeons. It was the burn damage, which was not only insanely high (to the point where the then-squishier classes like Archer were always in danger of dying quickly, even in Master dungeons) but also frequent to the point where just about every attack or dungeon was capable of draining large chunks of your HP through burn damage ALONE. That was the only cap I can think of where elemental defense was practically MANDATORY to safely clear content, and you could pretty much kiss raiding/VTN goodbye if you didn't have Fire-res skill gems).

I don't mind a game being difficult mechanically (I've been playing Monster Hunter, and plan to play Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition once I get a better laptop, so I'm used to facing mechanically-challenging monsters (such as the Nargacuga/certain Deviant monsters)/enemies by this point), just so long as the stat scaling is reasonable, and content can be cleared with even sub-optimal gear once you've got the mechanics down (much like with Dark Souls and Monster Hunter, since you typically don't need TA-tier builds to clear everything. TA-tier builds make things easier, but aren't required if you're skilled enough to get by without them). Sadly, 90-93 cap is too easy mechanically (every mechanic is hard at first, but what matters is how quickly one is able to adapt on average, and DPS checks tend to be the fastest to adapt to (or at least SHOULD, but the general raid community's disappointed me before, certain teams not included) since that just requires learning how to conserve burst attacks. Red carpets everywhere don't help, either), and everything outside of certain nests and raids are far too weak to give even the slightest sense of danger or challenge needed to help players learn how to play their class properly/cooperate with a team.
              Last edited by BowieSage; 01-21-2017, 04:41 AM.

Originally posted by Ardelline View Post
            Except ATN had those trials too and they were optional for you to do the trial version. Personally I loved ATN and VTN.
            Well, can't say many good things about ATN either. I really disliked them.

Comment

guys we all know the combat became easier since they introduced shard of will
              the devs better take that shit out so we don't have to harass noobs for their mentor slots no more and pve content will become hard again
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Originally posted by ceruulean View Post
                guys we all know the combat became easier since they introduced shard of will
                the devs better take that shit out so we don't have to harass noobs for their mentor slots no more and pve content will become hard again
                If you say it that way, we should take away all the dashing abilities on all classes except warriors. Wow gee, great idea there. Didnt see that coming. #makedngreatagain
                Discord ID: Bubzie#2895

*Noticed* -Yaya

Comment

• ceruulean
                  ceruulean commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So.... u didn't deny shard of will makes pve easier :P
                  Let's face it, all the people who think the games too actually prefer it dumbed down, if it went back to the previous eras they'd complain

Originally posted by Bubzie View Post

If you say it that way, we should take away all the dashing abilities on all classes except warriors. Wow gee, great idea there. Didnt see that coming. #makedngreatagain
                To be fair, was adding dash to all the other classes really necessary, except maybe to make pvp a bit more balanced? I don't remember seeing a huge call by the community for that move being made, though I did spend a few months away from the game a little while ago. Now that it's here it'd be a bad move to get rid of it, but it wasn't necessary I guess, in my opinion. o:

Comment

• Donkay
                  Donkay commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Some mechanics in newer raids rely on Dash, unfortunately.

• ceruulean
                  ceruulean commented
                  Editing a comment
                  U mean rune dragon right? Idn was designed before universal dash and everything can be done without it.

• Ardelline
                  Ardelline commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Eh. I do feel as if Dash is unnecessary. There was a reason new harmonise and slip'n slide existed. Although it is a nice luxury I guess?

Reviving this thread because of this new synth set I've been shown from SEA.
                DEAR GM's: The majority of your NA players do not want ridiculous stats on costumes, you're just making pve even easier and annoying a lot of players with this constant one-upping of costumes, especially after you release a set that makes the old ones look redundant. Just another day for CC, forcing transactions down their player's throats for stats. I personally am disgusted with these costume stats.
                I really hope we don't get this or the unique costume, but there's no point in hoping if the gm's don't take player feedback.

⋆OTIUM⋆

Comment

Sadly gms have no control over this. If kdn has it so will we. It will only get worse once unique clothes and rajuul set comes to NA. At least we dont have leica tho.

Comment

• Ardelline
                    Ardelline commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CC I believe have the ability to tweak costume values and whatnot, so it's likely that it was just another synth set coming out in KDN without ridiculous stats before CC doubled it. I'd love to be proven wrong though. :/

• ceruulean
                    ceruulean commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Erm, it was mentioned in a kdn conference they'd release an item/system that would let you have any look with the stats... and when eu got unique costumes it was assumed that was the item since you can change the appearance but keep the unique stats

• Ardelline
                    Ardelline commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My statement was about the second epic synth set. You're talking about the unique costume, which I have already spoken about further up this thread.

I kinda want the new costume...

Comment

• Ardelline
                    Ardelline commented
                    Editing a comment
                    fight me aisu
                Working...
                X