Question about Gerrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Gerrant

So I've been replaying the story mode on a character I'm currently leveling. During one part where we were talking to Rajuul about Gerrant's bad attitude, Rajuul states that the last moments of a dragon's life usually impact their personality when they're reborn-- the last thing they did, their regrets, and so on. This kinda confused me. Gerrant died saving the protagonist from the Sea Dragon, right? Was the regret that he couldn't properly fulfill his mission (which he said after rebirth was simply to defeat his enemies) to the end, which is what causes him to be such a small-minded, dragon now? Or is there another angle I'm not seeing?

On another note, does this mean that if Argenta comes back (PLEASE bring her back T_T) under imperfect conditions, she'll have a different look and personality too? What would she be like..?

Adding to what ZeroZX said, Gerrant might have also regret some aspects of his old personality. He kept a lot of things to himself and hurt a lot of his friends in the Dragon Raid because he kept quiet about being a dragon, among other things. New Gerrant is a lot more honest, to the point where he's become rather rude, but it also made him more open with his emotions, since he makes sure the player character knows they are important to him, unlike old Gerrant, who usually vaguely implies friendship.

It seems unlikely that Argenta will come back anytime soon, since Velskud is using her lustre's power to guard the Monolith. He'd have to give up the lustre and find a huge power source for her to be reborn, and it's likely she'd end up different, like Gerrant.

In a sense, one could say that Argenta was "reborn" as Velskud, since he could be considered the Silver Dragon, now that he has her lustre lol

Comment

Ooh, I understand that POV on Gerrant, that cleared things up for me O: He seems to be maturing mentally though, I was wondering if he'd end up reverting to the personality of the old Gerrant, but now that seems unlikely, huh. If anything, this change may actually be a good thing for him, even though he just seems like a brat now. Once he gets experience under his belt I wonder how that'll mesh with his new personality.

And yeah, I don't expect to see Argenta alive again anytime soon, alas... T_T But I'm really excited to seeing what Velskud can do now that he has two really powerful lustres. Daisy's lustre was a piece of the actual Sentinel, wasn't it? Not one of its children? I wanted to see Argenta's Silver Dragon form first, but maybe Velskud will be the one to show us what she would've looked like, that would be interestingggg

Comment

Argentas part of the story (60-80?) was my fave, too bad they killed her off lol. I do hope they have her come back in the mistlands that would be cool.

Comment

Working...
        X