Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Event

Hey all,

Just wondering on your opinion for this method of gold injection that is going on.

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/co...-golden-dusted

Edit: I mostly wanted to see the general consensus of the community. While an event is an event, there's always steps we can work on.

If any GM's are reading this, one thing that players do like are increased drop rate events. For example: http://us.dragonnest.com/news/notice/all/58 (With some better times as well!) as more of an injection as it requires playing the game yet isn't outright handing out free gold.
    Last edited by Aisuru; 01-24-2017, 09:26 AM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I believe we've had this before at Nexon for a few days, just not as an event right? More of a random gift

Comment

Not a real gold injection since its only going to be used on L-grades for the whales
        | Discord: Rinkie#3775 |

Comment

not a gold injection considering u have to pay for them and its still rng
          last time i got half of what i spent on those xddd
          AYY LMAO BAN HAMMER.png

Comment

Oh wow you have to actually buy these eggs I've just checked, 1900EC for each egg.
            What a fail, Nexon actually gave them out for free lol, I suppose if anyone wants to use their extra DNP or something, meh, not impressed imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fino View Post
              Oh wow you have to actually buy these eggs I've just checked, 1900EC for each egg.
              What a fail, Nexon actually gave them out for free lol, I suppose if anyone wants to use their extra DNP or something, meh, not impressed imo.
              Do note that Golden Eggs cannot be purchased with DNP.

Comment

I'm a bit confused as to why this is not considered a form of gold injection with the argument being that it:

1) Requires money
                2) RNG

Overall, this event injects gold into the economy and will affect everyone indirectly whether they purchase the pouches or not.

While some of the gold may go towards the L-Grade gold sink, that is better than existing gold being dumped. Whales will access the economy's gold in one way or another.

I can see why most people aren't happy with the event though because it isn't "Free", but it seems like the community these days is only happy when things are handed to them. If gold was all handed to us on a silver platter, we all would not have to play the game anymore.
                Last edited by CraZyZeuS; 01-24-2017, 08:05 AM.
                Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

• Queen
                  Queen commented
                  Editing a comment
                  >injects gold

how much people actually gets back what they spent on these eggs from just opening them?
                  i dont know, i only see it as the same of 2nd/3rd plates+tali which i have lose more money from crafting than selling the garnets
                  (and thats coming from someone who crafted 200+ plates this cap and made about 3-5 decent stats)

at end of the day, its really just a gamble and rng determines if u win at it or not.
                  sorry if my wording is terribad once again :<

Originally posted by Compel View Post

cant use dnp
                In that case it's a total fail. That's not real gold injection. That's more like purchasing gold, officially.
                People that buy gold will benefit from it, or the L graders.

Comment

In that case it's a total fail. That's not real gold injection. That's more like purchasing gold, officially.
                  People that buy gold will benefit from it, or the L graders.
                  Sorry but this is incorrect.

Purchasing gold between the transaction of two players reduces the economy's overall gold due to fees.
                  Purchasing gold through Eyedentity is an injection because there is a growth in the overall total

Note - Purchasing gold through websites is considered an injection of gold, but that is more of a botting issue.
                  Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyZeuS View Post

Sorry but this is incorrect.

Purchasing gold between the transaction of two players reduces the economy's overall gold due to fees.
                    Purchasing gold through Eyedentity is an injection because there is a growth in the overall total

Note - Purchasing gold through websites is considered an injection of gold, but that is more of a botting issue.
                    That's not the point, you're speaking about the efficiency of actually receiving / getting the gold, it's way off to what I was referring.

My point is that it's the same as a gold buyer, you're spending real money to buy in-game gold, and it's probably a lot less too (than what gold buyers get), when Nexon gave them out, it was actually free, by free I mean not using real money to purchase a small amount of gold, when you can actually farm it instead.
                    Last edited by Fino; 01-24-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Honestly I think this is either:

1. a misunderstanding between what the players want and what Eyedentity thinks we want (being able to earn more gold in-game versus paid events to get gold), or

A. something to tide us over until they can get around to adjusting whatever it is they have planned to help us get more gold flow into the economy.

Either way I'm indifferent, the people who were complaining the most can shell out the $20 or ~3k gold to try their luck and overall we'll have more gold in the economy.
                      Guild Master of FluffyTail
                      Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

• Fino
                        Fino commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think you summed it up pretty well, I see it that way as well.

That's not the point, you're speaking about the efficiency of actually receiving / getting the gold, it's way off to what I was referring.

My point is that it's the same as a gold buyer, you're spending real money to buy in-game gold, and it's probably a lot less too, when Nexon give them out, it was actually free, by free I mean not using real money to purchase a small amount of gold, when you can actually farm it instead.
                      That is the point.

You stated that this isn't a real gold injection. Gold is added to the economy. It can't get any more simple.

I did not talk about efficiency at all, don't put words in my mouth.

Whether Nexon gave them out for free or not has nothing to do with your statement. Why do you consider Nexon's form an injection, and not Eyedentity? Overall, the economy's gold has grown.
                      Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

I did not talk about efficiency at all, don't put words in my mouth.

Please enlighten me how "I'm putting words in your mouth", when you were clearly referring to efficiency right here due to fees, when I wasn't even talking about anything close to that, but about the purchasing process and how lame it is (in my opinion) qq

I'm not trying to argue or anything ♥, but please understand that you misunderstood, or maybe I did not explain it properly, if that is the case then I apologize for the misunderstanding in advance.

Comment

Sounds like you're telling him what he's speaking of

Comment

• Fino
                            Fino commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Looks like you can't read anything he said about fees, when all I was talking about is the purchasing process, mister no avatar 2 posts.

• Cozzdog
                            Cozzdog commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I don't get what my post count and the fact I have no avatar has anything to do with the conversation?
                        Working...
                        X