Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF is Burn DMG? Does ED half-ass their class rebalancing? #Adept #GeneralBalancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is Burn DMG? Does ED half-ass their class rebalancing? #Adept #GeneralBalancing

I don't know if some of you vet or even regular players realized how bad the balancing is, and it may be getting better even though it's been constantly happening for over 5years now. However my point is, there is always some stupid stuff I come across when playing some classes. Some got fixed, some are still ridiculous and unfixed and it makes you think, "who the hell is in charge of this balance".

Point is, well here's a picture:

http://imgur.com/a/37o2K

Yep, you bet that hasn't been changed since ultimates were a thing. That's 4777 Burn DMG x 5 = 23,885 Total Burn Damage over 10 seconds if full hit.

Volcano Jump / Ground Zero is practically the same thing too, well a bit more clocking in at 5% burn dmg.

Seriously, those need to be changed.

Here is an adept suggestion thread I made, check it out and like if you agree!

http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/su...nt-suggestions

PS: Not sure if pyros or any other ele class share the same problem but pyro especially came into mind lol.
    PSS: Burn Damage should be automatically removed via absorb type mechs because that's stupid, just like how G0 lost 100% dmg and 70% of it was put into additional damage instead which can really mess things up sometimes.
    Last edited by GoodRiddance; 02-13-2017, 11:14 AM.
    IGN: Serqet (Adept)

remnants of class compliments/pre-t5

Comment

burn/poison dmg never really was a thing this game, don't expect that to change.
      Ele Flare cast time suck, but it's strong enough and grant full i-frame, just cast it at the right time and don't get hit at the start, don't compare to other classes skill by skill cuz it doesn't work that way
      Not sure why you complain about Magma Jump, this skill is a god send to Adept and make the class so much more fluid, again don't compare to other classes getting 2 skills. Your MM does almost 13k% dmg and your Artic Squish does consistent dmg w/o any attention.
      Bubbles, never really have a problem with it, your rotation of spamming fists are more than enough to accumulate for usage with their cooldowns.
      Cocktail and Coolant have a cool concept, but could use a tweak to cooldown and dmg since atm it's more just a fun thing to throw out instead of loking to get dmg out of those.
      Ice Beam instant is the best thing ever.
      Why do I stand up? To look down on you!

Comment

Burn damage USED to be a thing, but obviously not anymore
        Discord: Joorji#4903
        IGN: Joorji (Gladiator)
        Gladiator Guide
        Twitch Channel
        Youtube Channel

Comment

If you pretend it doesn't exist then there are no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjix View Post
            burn dmg never really was a thing this game.
            The only hint I'm going to give of how wrong this is: T4 80 cap. There's a major reason why I disliked trying to level characters for it (not even talking about general damage or difficulty here), and gave up on leveling more after I leveled my Dark Avenger and Sniper (the latter being more difficult with her lower HP/Def back then).

Outside of that, yeah. High burn damage was never a thing for the PLAYABLE CLASSES/CHARACTERS that used skills with burn status, especially since in some cases enemies were dead before the burn damage even stacked high enough to be viable.
            Last edited by BowieSage; 02-13-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I looked over the thread you posted and I gotta say, nothing you listed stands out enough (except maybe the ice hands for visual) to warrant a change. Just about every class on this game, pre-awakening & post-awakening alike, has quirks and/or issues that could be solved with a few minor adjustments here and there.

Just Say'in

Comment

Originally posted by Benjix View Post
                burn/poison dmg never really was a thing this game, don't expect that to change.
                Ele Flare cast time suck, but it's strong enough and grant full i-frame, just cast it at the right time and don't get hit at the start, don't compare to other classes skill by skill cuz it doesn't work that way
                Not sure why you complain about Magma Jump, this skill is a god send to Adept and make the class so much more fluid, again don't compare to other classes getting 2 skills. Your MM does almost 13k% dmg and your Artic Squish does consistent dmg w/o any attention.
                Bubbles, never really have a problem with it, your rotation of spamming fists are more than enough to accumulate for usage with their cooldowns.
                Cocktail and Coolant have a cool concept, but could use a tweak to cooldown and dmg since atm it's more just a fun thing to throw out instead of loking to get dmg out of those.
                Ice Beam instant is the best thing ever.
                T3 iirc had hella OP burn damage, and why they are adding more burn dmg is beyond me if they are trying to kill it off for no reason. I miss playing pyro and using that ult and just watching the burn drop the boss' bar.

Mine is not even fire, it's magma, it should have an insane burn but nothing really makes sense now does it.
                > Magma Jump wasn't complaining if you read it, I practically said what you did about god-sent skill, but like it was a suggestion I put out.
                > The thing is, not speccing into phys tree you will still be spamming way more than you should have to. Your initial rotation is fine since you start with 20 bubbles but it slows down (and so does your DPS) after that, and that's just obvious.
                > IBi is amazing, but you can't really say since we got something good we can't fix these problems.

Originally posted by Elune View Post
                I looked over the thread you posted and I gotta say, nothing you listed stands out enough (except maybe the ice hands for visual) to warrant a change. Just about every class on this game, pre-awakening & post-awakening alike, has quirks and/or issues that could be solved with a few minor adjustments here and there.

Just Say'in
                Not as much as adept. Raven is practically perfect and still un-awakened, LK and Glad got tweaked recently big time. Crusader are gods now, if anything there is like slight things I'd change about them like returning hammer doing jack dmg, ehh smite EX / inquis deto being 50% chance maybe.

You can't lie, coolant and cocktail need to share cooldown or atleast do more dmg, the fact that both do not need to be maxed is already point proven.

They're suggestions but I still find these "flaws" very stupid and unnecessary. There is a reason not many people enjoy adept gameplay lol.
                IGN: Serqet (Adept)

Comment

• Aisuru
                  Aisuru commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So you don't spam your punches the moment they are off CD? Unless you're in a skill rotation that is. But this was a requirement for Adept far before awakening, we're talking since they got their EX"s.

The only real skills you should spec into the Physician tree should be Toxic Twirl and Sleep escape, anything else is your decision. I personally take Injection because I still use it for movement until this day, not for bubble generation.

The only issue I see would be Slop, but if you throw it out first and then use your other skills, the two should usually be off cooldown. Also, what are you throwing points into if you are not maxing those skills? I see nothing else of use. By the way, if you do your rotations correctly then you should never have any downtime longer than 1 or 2 seconds for skills.

As for burn damage? That's been dead forever, no point in it so I don't even see it as a thing.

I see possibly two problems with the class, one of which barely counts. As for visibility issues, it's rough to say but just get used to it. I play an Adept with all skill effects on in raids and don't complain about it.

• GoodRiddance
                  GoodRiddance commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol my build is the only build you should be using. There is no point to put points into irrelevant things.

Let me make it on sim real quick - https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0--0

I made it fast so hopefully I didn't mess up but I don't see anything off.
                  I do max coolant, you just read/took it in wrong. Cocktail is technically not maxed it stays at 6/8.

If you are rotating correctly, speccing into physician tree for poison additional bubbles is far superior than anything else you want to put SP into for DPS as an adept.
                  Typical rotations are in adept section in one of the big build thread(s),

Starting like: Summon -> Double Punch -> IBi -> G0 -> Wall -> Ult -> Double Punch -> Flare -> VP=Double Punch, etc.

The current state of the game suggest DoT is not a viable use anymore. Back in T4/40 cap when this actually had use is was when everything was using lower numbers (attacks/hp/defense/skill values etc). Now that we're in a day in age where every boss is slipping over having over 1 billion HP, DoT time is much more difficult to calculate in a conductive manner without making it "too strong". Grantred, that was one of the intentions of T5 but IDN came and everything else after.

One of the few(if not only) ways to make DoT damage useful again would be to introduce it into elemental stats or to make it a stat of its own. Unless it's already added into the Ele % scaling, then I suggest making a new stat. Awhile ago there was a stat called "Will" which was tied into Superarmor and later on removed. Bringing that back and tying it into DoT damage would grant it some use. But also raises the question of how to actually stack it. But ideas are ideas. Stacking it would probably need to be added onto items themselves rahter than making it a 3rd stat like FD since that would be a disaster.

Comment

Working...
                X