Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any hope for this game left?

lets be real.

game population hasn't grown at all and i heard some ppl gettin bored who've been around for a long time

What can eyedentity do to fix this game? We already know 90 cap killed a lot of the community in NA. 93 cap feels even worse.

where is the challenge and fun? Game is too easy now and all these new nests are stale cuz it takes almost 0 effort to do any of them.

What "challenge" and "fun" are you looking for? Too challenging and you isolate new players. Too easy, it becomes a grind. With mediocre to average gear, it poses somewhat of a challenge to newer players who aren't being carried. I mean it allows people with average epic level gear to clear content.

I agree the current content is kind of stale but what additional content do you ideally hope for?
    Dragoon
    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
      What "challenge" and "fun" are you looking for? Too challenging and you isolate new players. Too easy, it becomes a grind. With mediocre to average gear, it poses somewhat of a challenge to newer players who aren't being carried. I mean it allows people with average epic level gear to clear content.

I agree the current content is kind of stale but what additional content do you ideally hope for?
      its ok to have content that new and mediocre or average geared players can do but it is like 90% of the current content and newly released content is made for those players. Its toooo much on one side and no middle ground.

Gear you need for the hardest content makes all other newly released content too easy. Just makes for a dull game when the only content that's tough once you climb high enough on the gear ladder are raids that only comes out once a year. So if u been playing for a while ur just sort of stuck repeating 1 piece of content instead of repeating a variety of content.

for vets, experienced and more geared players there isnt much to look forward to. Peoples are doing billions of damage in less than a minute and these bosses in new nests that keep coming out only have a couple of billion hp on the hardest difficulty.

imo they need another difficulty above hardcore that caters to more geared and skilled players with faster attacks, more hp, damage, harder mechs and better rewards.

some1 suggested 6 man trial nests in another thread. I think something like that would be cool too

Comment

I think where this game suffers is the lack of high level end-game content that is actually rewarding. Running nests is almost pointless for end-game players with most of the drops being worthless or untradable. Running TKN and PKN to earn gold is largely relying on RNG for ultimate gear and selling the mats to make chicken scratch. Even running IDN normal (8-man) is pointless and only really worth running to IDN HC passes. The amount of HP those bosses have makes runs take up large amounts of time and the loot drops are almost not worth selling.
        The economy is so low that crafting level 93 plates is a loss of income if you don't get a good 3rd stat as we've had multiple events where everyone gets free plates just for playing the game.

Comment

Owl is right, There is no drive to play the game once you have all the gear you need. The only thing that is keeping these overgeared people playing is the genesis accessories which takes a HUGE amount of time to get. or just a shitton of gold
          My concern is that there are not a lot of new players getting into playing this game. There is no advertising or hype videos to try and market the game. As of now, people don't even know this game exists. Which is sad because this is a GREAT game(despite all the crap going on).
          “We don't inherit an identity; we get to invent it. And we get to re-invent ourselves as often as we like. And that means that every day, when you wake up in the morning, you have to decide what kind of person you want to be.” - Barry Schwartz

Comment

Originally posted by Owl View Post
            I think where this game suffers is the lack of high level end-game content that is actually rewarding. Running nests is almost pointless for end-game players with most of the drops being worthless or untradable. Running TKN and PKN to earn gold is largely relying on RNG for ultimate gear and selling the mats to make chicken scratch. Even running IDN normal (8-man) is pointless and only really worth running to IDN HC passes. The amount of HP those bosses have makes runs take up large amounts of time and the loot drops are almost not worth selling.
            The economy is so low that crafting level 93 plates is a loss of income if you don't get a good 3rd stat as we've had multiple events where everyone gets free plates just for playing the game.
            True @ the bolded

only one piece of high level end game content per year basically. its really boring.

The rest of the nests feel like filler for end game players or are only there to fill up bars like hero exp, party reward pts, guild tablets etc...

Owl is right, There is no drive to play the game once you have all the gear you need. The only thing that is keeping these overgeared people playing is the genesis accessories which takes a HUGE amount of time to get. or just a shitton of gold
            My concern is that there are not a lot of new players getting into playing this game. There is no advertising or hype videos to try and market the game. As of now, people don't even know this game exists. Which is sad because this is a GREAT game(despite all the crap going on).
            ads and marketing help but

there is no good early game content other than dungeons. Would be hard to attract and keep most new players if they get into the game and realize a lot of the content is at the end of the game

If they go less P2W more F2P would be easier to popularize this game. This game have become one of the kind game no other game can be compare to it.

In my opinion here a list of things that should be remove or added to make the game better

1. Costume shouldn't have stat gain from it also shouldn't be limited fashion. If you must keep the stat make them all Equalize meaning all Rare Costume should have the same stat and any other rare costume same with epic and etc. If the Stat are kept make sure that Hybrid can work more then once. That way people can choose to have a rare costume look with epic costume stat.
            2. More free or EYE Cash Gestures allow people to have more fun in town with gestures. Also remove the limit of doing a gestures kinda make no sense to me.
            3. Add it Double Drop 100% or 200% on EYE Cash that way people can grind and they get money out of it.
            4. Remove PWR/FTG limitation I just don't see a reason to have this in NA Version.
            5. Either Add more option to remove some effect or fix it. Like IW Ice Stacking could easily be fix by making it instead of shattering all the time just have a Duration. That way it doesn't cost FPS issue.
            More to add onto the list when I remember them.

There also the game being poorly optimize. Playing this game on a decent PC cause like major lagg overall can't handle it. Most people can't play this game cause of this.
            agree with point #1 a lot. Most people can't even play fashion nest because they arent gambling on eggs for hybrid tablets so a lot of old costumes go to waste plus the outdated stats. Most ppl in town look the same cause they all have the latest costume item

yes pwr/ftg should be removed too. Makes no sense to limit how much ppl can get off boss drops from dungeons

yea dn is a one of a kind game. just sucks they dont capitalize on its potential
            Last edited by milktoast22; 02-14-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I think most of the new players get frustrated when they figure out Its a p2w fest.

Comment

If you've played this game long enough, you'll realize every cap has been the same. Veterans come and go, nothing new. New content comes out and people are hyped, then it dies down until the next raid.

Not everyone is a standing tree like me.

Dragon Nest Savior

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyZeuS View Post
                  Not everyone is a special snowflake like me.
                  Flawlessly fixed.

Entirely situational and subjective. There are particular aspects to games that keep players engaged with them. Unfortunately, DN has burnt its own forest of players due to the developers excessively diminishing the game's value of play.

There is little hope to be had with this game, regardless of what the same ten people remark on the forum. Blind hope only sets new players up for future disappointments. The remaining trees standing contently and lie to new players are those who would gladly settle for less and only act upon their own self-interests to fortify their paradox of a supposedly flourishing game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnell View Post
                    There is little hope to be had with this game, regardless of what the same ten people remark on the forum. Blind hope only sets new players up for future disappointments. The remaining trees standing contently and lie to new players are those who would gladly settle for less and only act upon their own self-interests to fortify their paradox of a supposedly flourishing game.
                    Hey buddy, I think you meant to say there is no hope left for this game.
                    Dragoon
                    TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

This game's been in a highly predictable content cycle for years that has resulted in immense burnout. It also clings to the antiquated notion that gear progression should be entirely tied to RNG, which also happens to be especially worse for NA specifically since the vast majority of our cash items are untradeable (and yet they're now gaining increasing importance in gearing).

The devs can say they plan to change things around all they want, but at this point, they've drained the community of all of their hope. There's a difference between saying and actually doing it. Look at FFXIV devs. After a completely disastrous launch, they closed the game for a year and completely overhauled it, and now it's thriving. Meanwhile, DN's flaws are never specifically addressed (they can talk about class imbalance all they want, but they never ever talk about the RNG, perhaps on purpose because the profit/culture of some versions of DN perhaps thrive on it), and they are still releasing mobile games despite one or two of them having been closed already because... Reasons. It does not inspire confidence.

I threw all my hopes on T5 specifically, only to realize that in the end, it just took the class imbalance in a whole different direction - and that even then, the class imbalance was never the real issue with the game in the first place. The only thing that still keeps me here is watching what they do with Saints in the future, quite frankly the most innovative healer class ever created in a MMO.

Even MapleStory as of late has managed to fix itself in the content department, to the point where people largely ignore the class imbalance in that game now (though the RNG is still utterly terrible, unless you're in Reboot server, an outright experimental admission by the devs that the game became TOO P2W, and they wanted to see if a server where you could get all of the necessities with gold, with real life currency only being used for cosmetics can still be profitable - turns out it is).
                      Last edited by SaitoHikari; 02-16-2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

• alaraen
                        alaraen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi! I'm curious, what do you find so innovative about Saints? (Not arguing - I'm not too familiar with Saint, and I'd just like to hear your opinion.)

• SaitoHikari
                        SaitoHikari commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Relics in general are a fairly unique mechanic period. One could describe Saints as a turret summoner, but they're so much more than that. All the relics have their own obvious role, but they have other traits, such as having collision detection so they can block projectile attacks and impede enemy movement. Then there's Relic Reaction, which is amazing in that the dev team in the past somehow managed to pull off programming an attack that detonated around each summoned relic (plus the mini-relics on top of that). Not only are you watching your teammates' health, but you also have to take into consideration exactly where you're placing your relics for your team's benefit.

Saints play like no other healer. No other MMO healer actually pulls off the sheer sense of strategic battlefield control that Saints have, while still clearly defining its identity as a healer. The other two healers in DN in comparison (or hell, most other action MMO healers) are really just designed as DPS utility classes with a few burst heals slapped on, and most other healers in more straightforward MMOs are only meant to do nothing but straight up healing with the occasional straightforward burst damage thrown out.

Whoever invented the Priest class in general (and actually programmed it to work like it does) for DN is a genius, plain and simple. Nothing else exists like it. Normally you'd only see something this elaborate in a single player game, except I've yet to see a healer character in a single player game play with the amount of depth that DN Saints have.
                        Last edited by SaitoHikari; 02-17-2017, 02:45 AM.

Yet somehow, we're all still here... (-_-''' ) Kind of miss the days of Apocalypse nest.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post

Hey buddy, I think you meant to say there is no hope left for this game.
                        I think not, newgen.

Comment

• Ragnell
                          Ragnell commented
                          Editing a comment
                          My condolences for unintentionally luring and triggering you to the point where you project your fantasies unto me. The sheep tend to quite often.

• aaron
                          aaron commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's not what your past posts say, but ok.

• Ragnell
                          Ragnell commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You're welcome.

Eyedentity continues to be in business and Dragon Nest runs eternally at the expense of the player base's happiness and satisfaction. The stat ceiling has grown exponentially due to the ever increasing attributes of dragon vault and dragon egg gear as well gear obtained through content causing an imbalance in the game's difficulty. The whales have been lured in and caught with Eyedentity's fangs sinking into them. They gamble away thousands of dollars to obtain the latest premium gear and voice their displeasure when they fail to do so yet they cannot escape the game's grasp. These victims will be milked till the end of Dragon Nest's days.

The glory days have passed and Eyedentity has lost its direction. The newly released nests seem to serve no one as there are hardly any new players to speak of and those who have been here for quite some time mindlessly eviscerate it without breaking a sweat.

Comment

even SEA players think the same thing: http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic...-fun-nowadays/

Comment

Working...
                          X